Draft Day Grades

xrade

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I don’t do the whole letter grade thing I think it’s beyond silly but I really love what we did. Even the 25 DBs we took on day 3. There is a plan. They know what they are looking for and for once I trust it. 

Trust is earned. And while JD before his time here and Saleh before his time here were and are highly respected. They still have to earn the trust of the fan base. I think it's safe to say after 2 drafts and 2 off-season's that most of us fans now trust JD and his decisions. Saleh will have to earn the trust of us with his coaching. If you want to trust him right away, you have to trust that he sees things in the S/LBs and CBs and will get the most out of them.

8 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Maybe this is the first time it's being reported but I have never heard of the positional coaches going over player profiles and what they look for with the scouts.  It's great stuff.

It always happens for the most part probably outside of organizations where the Head Coach is the top dog(Belichick, Carroll)

14 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I don’t do the whole letter grade thing I think it’s beyond silly but I really love what we did. Even the 25 DBs we took on day 3. There is a plan. They know what they are looking for and for once I trust it. 

I agree. Both Salah and Ulbrich were Linebacker coaches so if they think some of the DBs we drafted or signed can fit what they want to do at LB, I believe  them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Maybe this is the first time it's being reported but I have never heard of the positional coaches going over player profiles and what they look for with the scouts.  It's great stuff.

It's great when you can have a staff on the same page. Hopefully we've found this. 

On 5/3/2021 at 1:46 PM, xenajets said:

None of these rookies are locks. I’m sure you were one of the guys thinking Shaq Evans would of been a starter in his rookie year and instead don’t think he ever even made a catch for us. Not calling you out on that just saying these rookies haven’t and shouldn’t get anything given to them. 

Look at all these kids who’ve never even barely played...McDougle, Polite, George, Saunders, Amaro, Smith, Maulden, Hackenburg, Burris, Stewart, Hansen, Leggett, Donahue, Nickerson, Edoga, Wesco. These guys were all 2nd-5th round guys over the last few years and I’m probs missing many more. 

I did have hopes on a lot of those guys. I loved it when we picked Amaro. I thought he was going to be really good. The others I never really had high hopes on. The pick I hated the most was Hack and knew this was a bust and complete waste of time and pick. I'm still mad at the trade up in the first round. The Jets got robbed blinded on this and could have had another 2 starters if we kept those 3rd round picks or at least role players. 

On 5/3/2021 at 12:46 PM, xenajets said:

None of these rookies are locks. I’m sure you were one of the guys thinking Shaq Evans would of been a starter in his rookie year and instead don’t think he ever even made a catch for us. Not calling you out on that just saying these rookies haven’t and shouldn’t get anything given to them. 

Look at all these kids who’ve never even barely played...McDougle, Polite, George, Saunders, Amaro, Smith, Maulden, Hackenburg, Burris, Stewart, Hansen, Leggett, Donahue, Nickerson, Edoga, Wesco. These guys were all 2nd-5th round guys over the last few years and I’m probs missing many more. 

There are safer picks than other though. For example AVTs floor is a good LG. So ya, he's pretty much a lock. Wilson will be our starting QB and has tools around him to succeed. Moore will be a great WR in this league. No doubt. He's a lock. After that I can agree with you. Carter has to win snaps. The secondary and LB guys we drafted have to battle as well. But that's expected. The later the pick generally, the less the lock to make the team. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

There are safer picks than other though. For example AVTs floor is a good LG. So ya, he's pretty much a lock. Wilson will be our starting QB and has tools around him to succeed. Moore will be a great WR in this league. No doubt. He's a lock. After that I can agree with you. Carter has to win snaps. The secondary and LB guys we drafted have to battle as well. But that's expected. The later the pick generally, the less the lock to make the team. 

To be fair I’m completely optimistic when it comes to Wilson, AVT and Moore. You’d think Carter (rb) would be fine too although rumblings of last years 4th round rb being cut isn’t a great stick to measure. 

Any of the 5 db’s we took could be cut really. There’s going to be a lot of competition especially when you factor in the incumbent players we already have. 

20 hours ago, xenajets said:

To be fair I’m completely optimistic when it comes to Wilson, AVT and Moore. You’d think Carter (rb) would be fine too although rumblings of last years 4th round rb being cut isn’t a great stick to measure. 

Any of the 5 db’s we took could be cut really. There’s going to be a lot of competition especially when you factor in the incumbent players we already have. 

Last year there were 10 RBs selected in the first 3 rounds, so by the 4th round most of the top rbs we’re gone. This year only 4 went before Carter. I think his short area change of direction quickness and pass catching ability are too good for him to be a bust🤞🏼.