Round 7: Pick 256; Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State

2 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Along with some of these knobs saying he not a good receiver out of the backfield.  That kind of **** is why I don't trust a damn thing most of these "draft experts" have to say.

He's a borderline complete RB. Getting him at 256 is going to look like the steal of the draft TBQH. I know he's RB3 but he'll get touches.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

He's a borderline complete RB. Getting him at 256 is going to look like the steal of the draft TBQH. I know he's RB3 but he'll get touches.

He needs to do is work on his pass blocking, but all rookie running backs need to do that, and he has the attitude for it.  The guy is a 5'11" 214 lb ball of "**** you".

• Like 1

Just now, MaximusGluteus said:

He needs to do is work on his pass blocking, but all rookie running backs need to do that, and he has the attitude for it.  The guy is a 5'11" 214 lb ball of "**** you".

Shifty enough, hard to tackle, can catch the ball out of the backfield, can house the rock. What's not to like? Love the kid and super stoked he's our RB3. Jones, Dillon and Hill? Woof. Good luck.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ajdodge09 said:

Anyone have an idea why he fell so far?

This may have factored?  "...undisciplined competitor and known to bottle up his emotions — suspended for one game as a senior due to a postgame outburst (October 2020)…NFL scouts say he has matured since high school, but he still has plenty of maturing to do, butting heads with the new coaching staff as a senior…"

I suspect teams may not want bubble/practice-squad guys to cause a ton of trouble.

6 minutes ago, craig said:

This may have factored?  "...undisciplined competitor and known to bottle up his emotions — suspended for one game as a senior due to a postgame outburst (October 2020)…NFL scouts say he has matured since high school, but he still has plenty of maturing to do, butting heads with the new coaching staff as a senior…"

I suspect teams may not want bubble/practice-squad guys to cause a ton of trouble.

Not a problem. Jordan will chill him out :)

37 minutes ago, ajdodge09 said:

Anyone have an idea why he fell so far?

They switched coaches when he was a senior and chose to pass the ball 50 times a game.

Edit - inaccurate, he opted out of his senior year. He also helped to get the Mississippi state flag changed, which is awesome.

Edited by deathstar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, craig said:

Good info.

Also, good RBs do drop. That's part of the narative about not drafting RBs early... Jones was a 5th rounder., Ekler was an UDFA & so was Robinson from Jackonville.

5 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Good info.

Also, good RBs do drop. That's part of the narative about not drafting RBs early... Jones was a 5th rounder., Ekler was an UDFA & so was Robinson from Jackonville.

Links? What's your sources? 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, craig said:

Just listened to his interview.  Had forgotten that coach Getsy had been his coach for a while.  Hill said they had a good relationship.  I'd guess if/when the Packers were doing their scouting, they might have talked to Getsy, and perhaps to Elton Jenkins too, just to get a better feel about the person and his coachability and stuff.  So they may have some good insights about the person.  

Looking at his tape, he looks like he has juice. 

I bet he’ll make the team over Dexter (legit can’t play). However at 5’9” and 4.5 speed, if you can’t crack the top 2 and aren’t a returner, it’s hard to be active ever.