Round 7: Pick 256; Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State

15 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Agreed. I'm just speaking to the unlikely possibility he doesn't make the team and what reason that could possibly be. I think he was a steal in the 7th round. Why did he last that long? The only other thing I read is that he had some disagreement with coaches, though I don't think it is something to worry about. 

If he doesn't make the team, then we are really, and I mean REALLY stacked in the RB room.  It means that Williams, Taylor or Weber will have made huge strides.  And that could very well happen. 

38 minutes ago, R T said:

9zWMtlBJ_normal.jpg

Kylin Hill has some impressive hands for a RB. Just made a diving catch near the ground on an out route. Chad Kelly led him vs. right coverage, and Hill went low to get it. Earlier, Hill made a nice adjustment in the flat on a throw behind him.

sounds like he's kylin' it out there

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 1:49 PM, beekay414 said:

Considering I wanted him in the 4th round, I'm loving this. Kid had no business lasting to the 7th round.

It's honestly a little baffling.  Did he have significant off the field stuff or something?  I can't find anything, but can't figure out what else would drop him so far.  Good size, solid athletic profile that largely shows up on the field, produced in the SEC, can produce in the running and passing game.  Pretty stoked to finally not see Dexter Williams on the team; sad that such a talented runner is so bad at football, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 12:06 PM, MrBobGray said:

It's honestly a little baffling.  Did he have significant off the field stuff or something?  I can't find anything, but can't figure out what else would drop him so far.  Good size, solid athletic profile that largely shows up on the field, produced in the SEC, can produce in the running and passing game.  Pretty stoked to finally not see Dexter Williams on the team; sad that such a talented runner is so bad at football, but it is what it is.

I believe there were some real character concerns with him.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:06 PM, MrBobGray said:

Not attempting to go down any political trail here, but when I saw how active he was on the movement to change the flag in Mississippi my first thought was that was probably going to hurt his draft status. Right or wrong, don't believe teams really want strong opinions on either side of the aisle in their locker rooms. 

33 minutes ago, R T said:

Not attempting to go down any political trail here, but when I saw how active he was on the movement to change the flag in Mississippi my first thought was that was probably going to hurt his draft status. Right or wrong, don't believe teams really want strong opinions on either side of the aisle in their locker rooms. 

I think he also quit on the team because he couldn't get along with his coach.  I could be mistaken, but I think his covid opt out and his Mississippi flag stuff all happened after he had issues with the staff.  If that is the case (don't crucify me if I was wrong, I only skimmed a profile and may have it in the wrong order), he was looking for a reason.  

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think he also quit on the team because he couldn't get along with his coach.  I could be mistaken, but I think his covid opt out and his Mississippi flag stuff all happened after he had issues with the staff.  If that is the case (don't crucify me if I was wrong, I only skimmed a profile and may have it in the wrong order), he was looking for a reason.  

Mike Leach is an ******* so that wouldn’t surprise me

• Like 2