Washington Football Team UDFA Thread: Signings, Rumors, etc.

MikeT14

10 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I guess he’s satisfied with the starters and the depth and with who they drafted except for Jaret Patterson. 

RR does not take an aggressive approach in obtaining players whether it’s the draft or free agency or UDFA. 

We have so many young undrafted types already under contract and competing already. I’m sure we’ll add some guys but you have to consider all those types that we have, just look at our roster/depth chart.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We have so many young undrafted types already under contract and competing already. I’m sure we’ll add some guys but you have to consider all those types that we have, just look at our roster/depth chart.

Right, Reserve/Future players. Wish he would give Hopkins a little competition. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I guess he’s satisfied with the starters and the depth and with who they drafted except for Jaret Patterson. 

RR does not take an aggressive approach in obtaining players whether it’s the draft or free agency or UDFA. 

10 Draft picks and 1 UDFA, I'd imagine the team is pretty happy with their haul. Honestly other than the UDFA RB I think they are all locks for either the 53 or PS. They sneaked in an extra in the 6th and 7th by giving up a 5th next year. I'm pretty excited for training camp this year.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Right, Reserve/Future players. Wish he would give Hopkins a little competition. 

I’m sure they will. When I look at the roster, I count 90 players now when you add Patterson.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

We have one, I know people don’t like to hear it but Barber was great in that role last year and Gibby was too. You don’t get to have 11 rushing TDs in 14 games by not being good in short yardage. What Gibby has to improve the most on is his pass pro. If he becomes a good pass protector, he’ll become a 3 down back.

I concur. My response was to the quote below about Patterson. If you replace barber with Patterson we would then need a short yardage back. But I do like Patterson though. Would like to have both really. Hail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Seems like a good replacement for Peyton Barber. Hopefully he beats him out in camp.

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

10 Draft picks and 1 UDFA, I'd imagine the team is pretty happy with their haul. Honestly other than the UDFA RB I think they are all locks for either the 53 or PS. They sneaked in an extra in the 6th and 7th by giving up a 5th next year. I'm pretty excited for training camp this year.

I don’t think that William Bradley makes the 53 man roster but he’ll make the practice squad.

Also, if we re-sign Kerrigan, Shaka Toney won’t make the 53-man either but will be on the practice squad. If we don’t TE-sign Kerrigan, Toney will make the roster.

I’m giving Dax Miline a 5% change of making the roster. We have way too much young experience at WR for him to make it plus our vets as well. At best he proves enough in training camp and preseason to make the practice squad.

59 minutes ago, 4209 said:

I concur. My response was to the quote below about Patterson. If you replace barber with Patterson we would then need a short yardage back. But I do like Patterson though. Would like to have both really. Hail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Given that Gibby is a good short yardage guy, if Barber didn’t make the team I don’t think they’d sign another back. They don’t need to fill a special niche like that. Barber does multiple things well. He’s a good short yardage back, good a pass pro and good on kick coverage.

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think that William Bradley makes the 53 man roster but he’ll make the practice squad.

Also, if we re-sign Kerrigan, Shaka Toney won’t make the 53-man either but will be on the practice squad. If we don’t TE-sign Kerrigan, Toney will make the roster.

I’m giving Dax Miline a 5% change of making the roster. We have way too much young experience at WR for him to make it plus our vets as well. At best he proves enough in training camp and preseason to make the practice squad.

There are 2 guys I don't see making the roster but the PS yes. Bradley and Milne. Toney is a beast and I don't think Kerrigan would be resigned. 

12 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

He was a 2nd-3rd round projection. Not sure what happened. 

Me neither, really makes me worried about his knee but I don’t remember him being bad last year at Alabama, from what Incan remember he was still one of their best defenders. I really wish they’d sign him at worst he’s a back up MLB.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Ghostnote said:

There are 2 guys I don't see making the roster but the PS yes. Bradley and Milne. Toney is a beast and I don't think Kerrigan would be resigned. 

Yeah, I’m feeling since we got Toney that Kerrigan won’t be re-signed. Toney isn’t going to be Ryan Kerrigan but, he’s got some pop as a situational pass rusher. Honestly at this stage in his career he probably has more speed/pop than Ryan Kerrigan as a pass rusher but Kerrigan is crafty w/ some good pass rusher moves.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Tough to make too many guesses right now. Injuries will inevitably open up some spots on the roster, and you really never know who will show up and show out at camp. This time last year, lots of people thought Kam Curl was destined for the PS. 

If I had to speculate, I think Dax Milne and William Bradley-King are probably the highest likelihood of ending up on the PS. I think Shaka Toney makes the team regardless of whether they sign a veteran DE — I think they can keep 9 DL, with 4 DTs, 4 DEs, and JSW as sort of a swing player. Toney would be something of a designated pass-rusher, but he’s got some juice off the edge and could be useful in that niche role.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Tough to make too many guesses right now. Injuries will inevitably open up some spots on the roster, and you really never know who will show up and show out at camp. This time last year, lots of people thought Kam Curl was destined for the PS. 

If I had to speculate, I think Dax Milne and William Bradley-King are probably the highest likelihood of ending up on the PS. I think Shaka Toney makes the team regardless of whether they sign a veteran DE — I think they can keep 9 DL, with 4 DTs, 4 DEs, and JSW as sort of a swing player. Toney would be something of a designated pass-rusher, but he’s got some juice off the edge and could be useful in that niche role.

Yeah I like Toney a lot. I know his size is what it is. But he’s a ball player. I think he has something to offer I do believe he makes the team.

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Yeah I like Toney a lot. I know his size is what it is. But he’s a ball player. I think he has something to offer I do believe he makes the team.

Also think yesterday/this weekend ticked him off sliding so far would expect a DE who was named team captain will use that anger as motivation to get stronger/better 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I know this is a huge reach but watching him at Penn State so much over the years as a Ohio State & Maryland fan I see a lot of James Harrison & Elvis Dumervil in him. 

Of course I did in Ryan Anderson too and that never panned out, but I think Toney has more speed/pop as a pass rusher than Anderson has.