2021 UDFA Class

26 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Nice.  Anytime we get a guy coming in with a proper and upstanding name, my friend and I joke he will be the team haberdasher.  I believe it started with Makinton Doloreant and was most recently held by Willington Previlon.

I want to see a guy in the intros announce that as his position so bad now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Wolves hunt in packs and aren't particularly strong or fast. I don't think they're quite right.

I back a wolf head to head against a cheetah any day.............but if that doesn't float your boat, is a rhino fast enough (they're faster than you think)..........buffalo maybe ? saber-tooth, tyrannosaur, killer whale ?

The saber-tooth position sounds kinda cool, especially if they feature a player with 'Jaws' dental work 🙃

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

4 hours ago, Chili said:

That's the nicklebacker position. This is someone who is a safety/slot corner.

Moneybacker/Star/Spur/whatever is someone who is a larger safety/LB. The Packers have been trying to find someone for this role for years.

Nickel-what? 

Also, Moneybacker was what the Cardinals called it.

Edited by HyponGrey

4 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I back a wolf head to head against a cheetah any day.............but if that doesn't float your boat, is a rhino fast enough (they're faster than you think)..........buffalo maybe ? saber-tooth, tyrannosaur, killer whale ?

The saber-tooth position sounds kinda cool, especially if they feature a player with 'Jaws' dental work 🙃

That positional craze died out years ago

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 3:59 PM, 15412 said:

Cougar.   Give these young athletes something they can relate to..

Zach Wilson would probably be offended if he saw you referring to his mother that way lol.

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2021 at 7:49 PM, Packerraymond said:

Drafted Eskridge, also signed Terry, have to wonder why some of these guys think they can crack a lineup.

I thought it was odd that Tamorrion Terry went undrafted and then was very chilly on the UDFA market (very small signing bonus). Now we know, he was indicted on murder charges today from a gang related shooting in 2018 that killed a woman and injured 7 others. Now we know the rest of the story.  

48 minutes ago, R T said:

I thought it was odd that Tamorrion Terry went undrafted and then was very chilly on the UDFA market (very small signing bonus). Now we know, he was indicted on murder charges today from a gang related shooting in 2018 that killed a woman and injured 7 others. Now we know the rest of the story.  

Yikes! 

On 7/1/2021 at 12:24 PM, R T said:

Will be interesting to see how this one pans out. He's one of 11 people indicted where 7 people were hurt and one killed. Sounds like a blurry picture from the information we have. Kinda interesting that this case is NOW coming to light whereas the incident took place 3 years ago. It's also a bit sketchy that it took 3 years to put the case together against that many people in a town of just over 4,000 people in the middle of rural South Georgia. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/ex-florida-state-wide-receiver-tamorrion-terry-indicted-on-murder-charges-144308486.html

Edited by Joe

20 hours ago, Joe said:

Will be interesting to see how this one pans out. He's one of 11 people indicted where 7 people were hurt and one killed. Sounds like a blurry picture from the information we have. Kinda interesting that this case is NOW coming to light whereas the incident took place 3 years ago. It's also a bit sketchy that it took 3 years to put the case together against that many people in a town of just over 4,000 people in the middle of rural South Georgia. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/ex-florida-state-wide-receiver-tamorrion-terry-indicted-on-murder-charges-144308486.html

Not all murder cases are cut and dried. It is not unusual for some of these cases to linger on for years. I hope the kid wasn't involved, but also hope there is justice for the victims and their families who were injured/killed. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 9:33 AM, Old Guy said:

Not all murder cases are cut and dried. It is not unusual for some of these cases to linger on for years. I hope the kid wasn't involved, but also hope there is justice for the victims and their families who were injured/killed. 

True, however you're talking about an incident with tons of witnesses, the victims are well identified as are those who were the aggressors in that situation, and the only thing that really isn't cut-n-dry here is WHO pulled the fatal trigger in this case. I'm wondering if they originally had more than 11 potential perpetrators and had to narrow it down...