Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I wish I could find exact quote, but reportedly when Holmes or Campbell were asked about the receivers his reply was something like We’ve got 6 open receiver spots to fill. 
 

We have no one signed long term. I think they are going to put all these guys (including FA, ARSB and Cephus) out there and take the 6 best into the season. 
 

It’s a great opportunity for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I wish I could find exact quote, but reportedly when Holmes or Campbell were asked about the receivers his reply was something like We’ve got 6 open receiver spots to fill. 
 

We have no one signed long term. I think they are going to put all these guys (including FA, ARSB and Cephus) out there and take the 6 best into the season. 
 

It’s a great opportunity for sure. 

I like this. Let the cream rise to the top. If Tom Brady can become the greatest QB of all time as a 6rh round pick, we can surely find some starters out of all the guys we will have competing. We will have some strong position groups on offense lead by what should be a stellar line. Based off the amount of play action I expect to see, we just need a couple guys running routes to beat their man 1on1 and catch the football when it comes to them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

I like this. Let the cream rise to the top. If Tom Brady can become the greatest QB of all time as a 6rh round pick, we can surely find some starters out of all the guys we will have competing. We will have some strong position groups on offense lead by what should be a stellar line. Based off the amount of play action I expect to see, we just need a couple guys running routes to beat their man 1on1 and catch the football when it comes to them. 

Nothing like the old “if Tom Brady can do it” reasoning 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

Nothing like the old “if Tom Brady can do it” reasoning 

You make it seem like I do not understand that Tom Brady is all time exception. I am not suggesting we find the equivilent, only that we find some guys capable of beating 1 on 1 coverage.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BarryTheBest said:

You make it seem like I do not understand that Tom Brady is all time exception. I am not suggesting we find the equivilent, only that we find some guys capable of beating 1 on 1 coverage.. 

I understand your point im just busting your chops

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 5/2/2021 at 11:20 AM, Millenhater said:

The guy gets zero separation.  And I mean ZERO.  Having said that holy smokes this guy goes up and gets the ball.  If we can teach this kid some route running we might actually have something.  Red zone alone.

Watching his highlights the best play is the double/triple block he lays to spring that TD.  Awesome.

His separation is non existent at this point but even without speed there are tricks you can learn to create some separation, Golladay was one of the worst in the league at separation but his physical nature and strong hands negated some of the separation issues, Adams knows how to high point and knows how to position himself to make those catches just like Golladay, now I am not saying he will be on the same level but him going undrafted is absurd, speed often times is to much of a factor in deciding where a player should go, it is misleading.  I still think that the Combine should be done in full pads, then we can really assess true speed, sometimes some of those 4.3 guys who are about 190 get all the pads on and they don't have the strength to still run that speed while someone bigger who runs a 4.5 puts on the pads and runs a 4.5 because they carry their pads well.  I think speed if to misleading to cause a player to go undrafted, unless you are a corner, we all remember Tabor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2021 at 7:33 PM, Louis Friend said:

Jonathan Adams is a guy I think could make the roster. He's got great hands. 

He might be more polished that Kenny Golladay coming out of college.  Watching him run, he might be able to improve his speed a bit with good coaching.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MrLionzz said:

His separation is non existent at this point but even without speed there are tricks you can learn to create some separation, Golladay was one of the worst in the league at separation but his physical nature and strong hands negated some of the separation issues, Adams knows how to high point and knows how to position himself to make those catches just like Golladay, now I am not saying he will be on the same level but him going undrafted is absurd, speed often times is to much of a factor in deciding where a player should go, it is misleading.  I still think that the Combine should be done in full pads, then we can really assess true speed, sometimes some of those 4.3 guys who are about 190 get all the pads on and they don't have the strength to still run that speed while someone bigger who runs a 4.5 puts on the pads and runs a 4.5 because they carry their pads well.  I think speed if to misleading to cause a player to go undrafted, unless you are a corner, we all remember Tabor.

If I remember correctly, Michael Thomas ran a 4.57 at the combine.  So the 40-time on the track can be a little deceiving.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/michael-thomas

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...