How good is this front office?

Kiwibrown

5 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah honestly until Chubb gets hit with injuries or he loses the gamebreaking speed he has I don't see why we wouldnt sign him for 3 more years and get Landry/OBJ off the books.  This year will probably determine if that's the route we should take.

They say RBs are a dime a dozen but I felt like our offense lost more with Chubb out than it did with Odell, and that's with Kareem Hunt as a backup.

Chubb gets a 7 million dollar raise that’s it we have12 million in carryover money this year.

why are you saying cut half the team

landry lit up Baltimore cut him he averages 100 yards a year replace him with Jones.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

Again.

And got older, too.

Beckham is a shadow of what he was in his prime.

Your right seeing how he was injured let’s get rid of him while his trade value is nothing so we have 26 million in carryover money.

landry to he only has 7000 yards thru 7 seasons,

never mind hill has 2 seasons with Mahoney below 1000 yards.

you guys are geniuses 

s

• Like 1

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

To be fair, Dorsey’s 2019 draft looks horrible.

His saving grace was the 2018 draft + Trading for Wyatt + Trading for OBJ + Signing Jarvis. Those are historically phenomenal moves though.

Drafting Mayfield,Ward,and Chubb 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Chubb gets a 7 million dollar raise that’s it we have12 million in carryover money this year.

why are you saying cut half the team

landry lit up Baltimore cut him he averages 100 yards a year replace him with Jones.

Why does it seem like everyone wants Jarvis off this team so badly lol. I get OBJ and I get the contract concerns but man I don't think it's out of the question to ask Jarvis to restructure with a new long term deal.

I would argue that even at full strength Jarvis is more valuable to this team than OBJ is. His reliable hands, catch in traffic, ability to play over the middle fearlessly and reliability on 3rd downs is invaluable. Especially when you factor in he's Bakers go to guy and a capitain on this team.

I understand he's not a downfield threat that's ever going to pile up huge stats or whatever but that's not the type of WR he is. Jarvis is almost identical to a guy like Julian Edelman but I get the feeling people expect him to be Julio Jones.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why does it seem like everyone wants Jarvis off this team so badly lol.

Because he makes a ton of money and doesn’t produce a ton, nor is he likely to in this offense.

I get OBJ and I get the contract concerns but man I don't think it's out of the question to ask Jarvis to restructure with a new long term deal.

I think this would be everyone’s first option for Landry.  No one wants to see him go, but he’s significantly overpaid for what he does.  He’s a possession guy who’s most effective in the slot who doesn’t have elite speed. You can find a guy to replicate 95% of his production for a fraction of the price.

I would argue that even at full strength Jarvis is more valuable to this team than OBJ is. His reliable hands, catch in traffic, ability to play over the middle fearlessly and reliability on 3rd downs is invaluable. Especially when you factor in he's Bakers go to guy and a capitain on this team.

completely agree and it’s not remotely close right now.

I understand he's not a downfield threat that's ever going to pile up huge stats or whatever but that's not the type of WR he is. Jarvis is almost identical to a guy like Julian Edelman but I get the feeling people expect him to be Julio Jones.

Completely agree.

Now, let’s have a look at what Edelman has cost over his career.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/julian-edelman-5808/cash-earnings/

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Because he makes a ton of money and doesn’t produce a ton, nor is he likely to in this offense.

I think this would be everyone’s first option for Landry.  No one wants to see him go, but he’s significantly overpaid for what he does.  He’s a possession guy who’s most effective in the slot who doesn’t have elite speed. You can find a guy to replicate 95% of his production for a fraction of the price.

Completely agree.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/julian-edelman-5808/cash-earnings/

Landry for his Browns carter has produced and its more than just counting stars with him. How many 3rd down conversions did he have, how many big catches in crucial moments did he have, ect. Those are Jarvis Landry valuable stats not just total yards/TDs because he's not asked to run vertical routes that pile up yardage.

I'm not comparing anything BB does because we all know he gets players to drink his Kool Aid and play for the Pats for below market. Tom Brady did the same thing lol

Jarvis IS overpaid but he is still a top 20 WR in my mind. If we could get him for 4yr/$40 I think that would be a fine middle ground. Something around 9-10m per year and not 14-15m

Edited by AkronsWitness

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Completely agree.

Julian Edelman. 11 years. 620 rec 6800 yards. 36 TDS. Played 16 games only 3 seasons.

Jarvis Landry. 7 years. 636 rec 7000 yards. 35 TDs. Missed 1 game. Was forced to miss that game to. Lol

its not even a comparison on who they are as players and what they actually deserve in terms of money. 

7 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Julian Edelman. 11 years. 620 rec 6800 yards. 36 TDS. Played 16 games only 3 seasons.

Jarvis Landry. 7 years. 636 rec 7000 yards. 35 TDs. Missed 1 game. Was forced to miss that game to. Lol

its not even a comparison on who they are as players and what they actually deserve in terms of money. 

I'm also paying Landry for what he brings to the table beyond stats. Baker Mayfield and Jarvis Landry are the 2 people responsible for the culture change, the attitude change and the identity change of the Browns for the last 3 years. I'm not looking to cut the guy if he won't restructure who was responsible nfor getting the Browns offense to the point where it is now.

He's smart, tough, accountable, leader and a hard worker---basically everything the Browns FO values in a player they aquire.

I would pay Jarvis 5m per year just to stand on the sidelines strictly for what he brings to the team as a person

Edited by AkronsWitness

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I'm also paying Landry for what he brings to the table beyond stats. Baker Mayfield and Jarvis Landry are the 2 people responsible for the culture change, the attitude change and the identity change of the Browns for the last 3 years. I'm not looking to cut the guy if he won't restructure who was responsible nfor getting the Browns offense to the point where it is now.

He's smart, tough, accountable, leader and a hard worker---basically everything the Browns FO values in a player they aquire.

Oh I totally agree. He is worth that contract. Everybody who doubts it needs to check themselves at the door. Lol on pace for 1000rec and 10000 yards too. Like it’s crazy when anyone says we need to look to get rid of him and the contract. 

13 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

During Edelman’s 6 year peak he was exactly what Jarvis is here.  800-1100 yards, 3-7 TD’s. Some years he put up better numbers than Jarvis has or likely will have here.

I’m not sure what Jarvis’s bulk stats that were largely accumulated for another team playing a different scheme have to do with what he’s worth here, now, and moving forward? 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

During Edelman’s 6 year peak he was exactly what Jarvis is here.  800-1100 yards, 3-7 TD’s. Some years he put up better numbers than Jarvis has or likely will have here.

I’m not sure what Jarvis’s bulk stats that were largely accumulated for another team playing a different scheme have to do with what he’s worth here, now, and moving forward? 

Long term I expect Jarvis to take less IF we win it all to stay. But he is worth that contract to us now and we can afford it no problem here in 2-3years when the salary cap jumps. And he will be 30 then. His bulk stats are a great indication on why he’s getting paid what he’s getting paid. Same thing with Odell. 

Edelman took less just like every player on the patriots it seems like. That’s a team 1st mental over there.

1 minute ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Long term I expect Jarvis to take less IF we win it all to stay. But he is worth that contract to us now and we can afford it no problem here in 2-3years when the salary cap jumps. And he will be 30 then. His bulk stats are a great indication on why he’s getting paid what he’s getting paid. Same thing with Odell. 

Edelman took less just like every player on the patriots it seems like. That’s a team 1st mental over there.

I mean, do you pay your handyman for the deck he built your neighbor 3 years ago?  Of course not.  You pay them for the job they’re going to do for you now.

I have no interest in getting rid of him at all in a vacuum, but eventually financial decisions are going to have to be made and we’re going to have let good players walk.  It happens with literally every good team.

OBJ is absolutely first on the chopping block but Jarvis won’t be far behind.

Ideally I’d like to see a restructuring in the 3/30 neighborhood, but who knows if he’s willing to do so, especially if it’s made clear ObJ won’t be here.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, do you pay your handyman for the deck he built your neighbor 3 years ago?  Of course not.  You pay them for the job they’re going to do for you now.

I have no interest in getting rid of him at all in a vacuum, but eventually financial decisions are going to have to be made and we’re going to have let good players walk.  It happens with literally every good team.

OBJ is absolutely first on the chopping block but Jarvis won’t be far behind.

Ideally I’d like to see a restructuring in the 3/30 neighborhood, but who knows if he’s willing to do so, especially if it’s made clear ObJ won’t be here.

I’m about 75% percent sure it’s gonna depend on if we win. No hiccups. Just consistent winning cause at that point you force the hand cause other good players are going to want to come. But he’s had nothing but losing between us and Miami. At this point he’s made the money so I don’t see why he wouldn’t but hey money changes people.