Draft Day Winners and Losers

AkronsWitness

Can't believe this annual thread hasn't been started yet.

Give me your top 3 Winners and Losers

Winners

1. Browns - because I said so

2. Giants- Aquired 'now' talent while also getting even more for next year. Worked the board like real pros.

3. Bears- Because if Fields hits it changes their franchise for 15 years. Additional kudos for not being scared to pull the trigger again.

Losers

Saints- What are you doing.

Seahawks- What are you doing x2 are you even trying?

Steelers- incredibly unspectacular combined with bad positional value at the top.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Raiders class:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jxgrnvwcn8f2s0ra7a

Started out so rough, then day two absolutely saved us, then day 3 was just ok. Overall happy we went D aggressively.

• Round 1, pick 17 — Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
  • Round 2, pick 43 — Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
  • Round 3, pick 79 — Malcolm Koonce, DE, Buffalo
  • Round 3, pick 80 — Divine Deablo, LB, Virginia Tech
  • Round 4, pick 143 — Tyree Gillespie, S, Missouri
  • Round 5, pick 167 — Nate Hobbs, CB, Illinois
  • Round 7, pick 230 — Jimmy Morrissey, C, Pittsburgh
  • Like 2

So... Nick Caserio is why New England couldn't draft.

Davis Mills might be an intriguing developmental option, but with as many holes the Texans have, a third round QB isn't going to help in the short or long term. Add that to the annual mid round TE the Texans like to draft and you had a mess of a draft, with no real direction on what anything might look like.

I seriously think a room of spider monkeys could run the Texans better than Cal/Jack/Nick.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Lions, Bears, Chargers, and Cardinals all winners.

Vikings didn't excite me at all.

Vikes addressed what they needed to. Potential day one starters at LT and RG in Darrisaw and Davis to complete the OL. Missed finding a starting Safety which is my biggest complaint.  

Grabbed an edge player in Jones who could push for playing time immediately. Twyman also has really nice upside as a 3T. 

The only pick I hated was the Surratt pick. I just don’t know what they see in him as a LB and he’s an older prospect. I’m a bit concerned about Safety essentially being ignored. Would have liked to see a Safety in that spot instead of Surratt. 

Mond doesn’t do anything for me. I was hoping for an immediate contributor with that first third round pick. Odds are stacked against Mond but I guess will see if this regime can develop a QB. It’s been awhile.  

• Like 1