Draft Day Winners and Losers

AkronsWitness

11 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Vikes addressed what they needed to. Potential day one starters at LT and RG in Darrisaw and Davis to complete the OL. Missed finding a starting Safety which is my biggest complaint.  

Grabbed an edge player in Jones who could push for playing time immediately. Twyman also has really nice upside as a 3T. 

The only pick I hated was the Surratt pick. I just don’t know what they see in him as a LB and he’s an older prospect. I’m a bit concerned about Safety essentially being ignored. Would have liked to see a Safety in that spot instead of Surratt. 

Mond doesn’t do anything for me. I was hoping for an immediate contributor with that first third round pick. Odds are stacked against Mond but I guess will see if this regime can develop a QB. It’s been awhile.  

I think people have already said in the organization and on ff that Camryn Bynum is being moved to safety. I also think he confirmed it himself that hes making the switch

18 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Agreed on Rosen. Also, I know that a lot of Denver fans hate me mentioning his name, but I still think that Kyle Sloter didn't get enough of a chance. Some have said that he was another Brandstater or Bradlee Van Pelt. Those two guys didn't have fans of another team he went to making videos about him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_5w5NQPwgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbeAPSkua04

Ehh sloter was nice but his upside was limited and don't exactly scream 10 year franchise QB.

Playing in a division with Mahomes you have to swing for the fences at QB in order to compete with the Chiefs. Even slightly above average QB play isn't going to win you this division

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ehh sloter was nice but his upside was limited and don't exactly scream 10 year franchise QB.

I don't know about that. The guy only had one year as a starter at Northern Colorado, and wasn't given much of a chance in the league. I'm not saying that he is Mahomes or A-Rod, but he showed more than enough to warrant a chance to play.

Edited by 7DnBrnc53

12 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Raiders class:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jxgrnvwcn8f2s0ra7a

Started out so rough, then day two absolutely saved us, then day 3 was just ok. Overall happy we went D aggressively.

• Round 1, pick 17 — Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
  • Round 2, pick 43 — Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
  • Round 3, pick 79 — Malcolm Koonce, DE, Buffalo
  • Round 3, pick 80 — Divine Deablo, LB, Virginia Tech
  • Round 4, pick 143 — Tyree Gillespie, S, Missouri
  • Round 5, pick 167 — Nate Hobbs, CB, Illinois
  • Round 7, pick 230 — Jimmy Morrissey, C, Pittsburgh

I only like Moehrig, Koonce is a huge reach here IMO.

42 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I think people have already said in the organization and on ff that Camryn Bynum is being moved to safety. I also think he confirmed it himself that hes making the switch

I get that but isn’t it asking a lot to start a rookie at a position he didn’t played in college. I saw the pick as a potential long term solution at the position when I was hoping they would find an immediate starter. He seems like a smart guy and a leader so maybe they feel the learning curve won’t be steep. 

I’m happy with how my Ravens did. Seems like our division had some solid drafts on the whole, so look out.

I don’t know enough prospects to pick a loser but Broncos committing to Drew Lock and Teddy B is pretty uninspiring (unless the Rodgers rumours are true which I doubt) 

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

So... Nick Caserio is why New England couldn't draft.

Davis Mills might be an intriguing developmental option, but with as many holes the Texans have, a third round QB isn't going to help in the short or long term. Add that to the annual mid round TE the Texans like to draft and you had a mess of a draft, with no real direction on what anything might look like.

I seriously think a room of spider monkeys could run the Texans better than Cal/Jack/Nick.

lol at the guy giving Texans F-

not just draft day. but off season.
by far the biggest loser is mike silver.
the guy was a top 3 scop guy in the biz and after the stafford trade fiasco he gets publicly thrown under the bus by shanny.
awesome. silver is done in the nfl like his buddies jackson and fisher.
good riddance.

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

So... Nick Caserio is why New England couldn't draft.

Davis Mills might be an intriguing developmental option, but with as many holes the Texans have, a third round QB isn't going to help in the short or long term. Add that to the annual mid round TE the Texans like to draft and you had a mess of a draft, with no real direction on what anything might look like.

I seriously think a room of spider monkeys could run the Texans better than Cal/Jack/Nick.

Caserio is a net negative. I've said it for years. He didn't have the input yet after taking over for Pioli immediately and that's why NE hit on the picks from 10-12, Gronk, Solder, Cannon, Hernandez, McCourty, Hightower and Chandler Jones.

His impact was much higher after that and NE started becoming the worst drafting franchise in the NFL.

Last year his impact was already diminished because he was supposed to leave and it looks like that draft doesn't look too bad.

Caserio probably gets his chance to draft a franchise QB next year after the Texans are the worst team in the league. Makes the Mills pick look even worse.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

What I find the most strange is that Denver drafted guys for Vic Fangio and loaded up their defense more when there is a 75% chance he is not going to be the HC after this season.

They drafted well and got even more play makers with Surtain/Williams/Browning but there is still that giant elephant in the room at QB. At some point they are going to need to aggressively address that to maximize all of these other guys they drafted

Right now Denver has probably a top 2 roster in the NFL in terms of overall talent--they just have no engine in the car to make it run so they are just wasting valuable years off these guys contracts.

I also find it weird how a guy like Josh Rosen can't get a fair shake to save his life but they are bending over backwards to give Lock every chance in the world in year 3.

Probably because Rosen has shown much worse than Lock, but yea Denver fans better hope Fields doesn’t hit.