LBs: what happens moving forward

WizardHawk

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/insidethestar.com/breaking-cowboys-lb-jaylon-smith-switching-to-9-jersey-in-2021/amp/

I wasn’t sure where to put this. Jaylon Smith is changing his jersey number to #9.

Hopefully, he’ll move a little faster now that he won’t be weighed down by having two numbers on his jersey.

🤮

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

Wonder what happens to all the "old" jersey's Smith paid for.   I would love a updated version of a Cowboy Jersey.   All of mine official ones, White, blue and the alternate throwback go back to Williams No11.  I would have no problems owning a Smith 54...

22 minutes ago, quiller said:

Wonder what happens to all the "old" jersey's Smith paid for.   I would love a updated version of a Cowboy Jersey.   All of mine official ones, White, blue and the alternate throwback go back to Williams No11.  I would have no problems owning a Smith 54...

I am sure you will be able to find them in some physical local stores for a steep discount. 

Just now, eagles suck said:

I just don’t understand the Number change buy back procedure. Why is it that a player have to buy back their old jerseys. Many players have switched numbers or have been released or traded while thousands of old merchandise is still available. So why change now?

On 5/29/2021 at 3:33 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am sure you will be able to find them in some physical local stores for a steep discount. 

hmmm I live in the Seattle market and most locals HATE Dallas so no to finding cowboy merchandise. Kmart carried some stuff, nothing official but they are long gone. 

On a lot of your depth charts throughout forum you guys keep putting  3 or 4 LBs or even 5 LBs out there including LVE and Smith.  

Quinn has said it will mostly be 2 guys in some kind of Nickel alignment.   Maybe Neal is supposed to be a big nickel that could be a 3rd guy.   More likely Neal is supposed to be 2nd guy.

You just drafted a dude at 12 so you would think one of those two will probably be him.  Number 12 picks on defense don't usually sit.   

To me that means either your former first rounder and/or your former 2nd rounder aren't in plans much this year.

They are depth and ostensibly competition.  

To me plan on paper for Quinn is likely Parson at Mike and Neal at Will - unless Cox over takes him in camp/preseason.  

Maybe Quinn changes his mind in camp due to some dynamic play by someone. 

But only open spot where someone can win a job at LB seems to be the WLB and his buddy Neal is sitting atop his internal depth chart to start.

LVE probably gets his reps vs big packages as the Sam.   

Smith is probably riding pine.

On 6/2/2021 at 1:15 PM, dll2000 said:

On a lot of your depth charts throughout forum you guys keep putting  3 or 4 LBs or even 5 LBs out there including LVE and Smith.  

Quinn has said it will mostly be 2 guys in some kind of Nickel alignment.   Maybe Neal is supposed to be a big nickel that could be a 3rd guy.   More likely Neal is supposed to be 2nd guy.

You just drafted a dude at 12 so you would think one of those two will probably be him.  Number 12 picks on defense don't usually sit.   

To me that means either your former first rounder and/or your former 2nd rounder aren't in plans much this year.

They are depth and ostensibly competition.  

To me plan on paper for Quinn is likely Parson at Mike and Neal at Will - unless Cox over takes him in camp/preseason.  

Maybe Quinn changes his mind in camp due to some dynamic play by someone. 

But only open spot where someone can win a job at LB seems to be the WLB and his buddy Neal is sitting atop his internal depth chart to start.

LVE probably gets his reps vs big packages as the Sam.   

Smith is probably riding pine.

He also said our base is a 3-4. But I expect our "nickle" is going to have 3 LBs if you consider Neal a real LB instead of a hybrid safety.

19 hours ago, Northland said:

Let's hope so.  

I mean, I don't think LVE's fire has ever been a question. His injury issues coupled with his regression in play have been the biggest problems. If he can stay healthy and Quinn can help him regain the form he showed in 2018, I think he'll be on the right track.

8 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean, I don't think LVE's fire has ever been a question. His injury issues coupled with his regression in play have been the biggest problems. If he can stay healthy and Quinn can help him regain the form he showed in 2018, I think he'll be on the right track.

Agree.  Quinn and McCarthy have had positive things to say about LVE.