Days of Our Lives

dll2000

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Go read their forum.  

Yup, pretty much as expected.

One thing I've learned about Packers fans from living there for over 15 years is that Lombardi instilled in them the same mantra he instilled in his teams.  "Winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing".  The '60s pretty much spoiled them and it's carried on for over 50 years.  If you're winning championships you're golden.  Stop winning and you're lead.  You sink to the bottom of Green Bay very quickly.  Even their QB legend Bart Starr found that out when he coached them and had just one winning season out of nine.  Anyone else wouldn't have lasted that long.

Rodgers is very good and has won a lot of games for them but he's not bringing home trophies and it's how they keep score.  There is no 2nd place.  I tend to agree with those who feel Gutekunst did not owe Rodgers a heads up before he drafted Love and if Rodgers is as good a QB as he believes he is then you make those around you better including your pass catchers.  You don't whine about the lack of drafting better ones only because your main concern is your own stats.  The W/L column is secondary to that because it's those stats he's gonna use in negotiations.

IMHO this is all about "show me the money" as a way of both showing appreciation for past performance and as a way of maintaining a large degree of personal control over his place and future in GB.  As long as he can keep the dead money in his deal high like it is now he knows he won't be released and he can also keep some degree of control over any trade via his willingness to restructure his contract in order to finish his career where and when he wants to.  In my opinion he's arrogant, egotistical, and extremely selfish as it relates to his football career.

Apparently quite a few of the Tundrans agree with me too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Packers fans are turning on him in droves.   

Bringing up rift with his family.   So funny.

Go On Popcorn GIF

Packers fans have been bailing on him after every negative situation for like 8 years now 

• Like 1

IMHO they'll find some way to come to another agreement and an impasse over any "hurt feelings" but no matter what's being said the timer has been set on his eventual departure.  Much like Brady (whom I'm sure Rodgers envies) he'll look for a team he can take to a Super Bowl just as Brady did. I don't see him being traded this year either.  His dead cap hit is huge.

1 hour ago, soulman said:

IMHO they'll find some way to come to another agreement and an impasse over any "hurt feelings" but no matter what's being said the timer has been set on his eventual departure.  Much like Brady (whom I'm sure Rodgers envies) he'll look for a team he can take to a Super Bowl just as Brady did. I don't see him being traded this year either.  His dead cap hit is huge.

I don't know, man.

This feels like a different sort of situation. 

We'll see. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't know, man.

This feels like a different sort of situation. 

We'll see. 

One thing I would bet $1 on is they won't trade him and take the dead cap hit now.  Much like Seattle and Wilson the capononics would be a killer even after June 1st.

Spoke with my buddy John and a whole lot of fans are saying buh bye ya' whiny little *****.  They used one another but GB is not Rodgers and Rodgers is not GB.  It's where his job is but not his head or his heart.  Also learned that fiancee Shailene Woodley lives in Boulder, CO.

That explains the the wish to become a Bronco.  Just what Boulder needs.  One more selfish arrogant jerk.

35 minutes ago, soulman said:

One thing I would bet $1 on is they won't trade him and take the dead cap hit now.  Much like Seattle and Wilson the capononics would be a killer even after June 1st.

Spoke with my buddy John and a whole lot of fans are saying buh bye ya' whiny little *****.  They used one another but GB is not Rodgers and Rodgers is not GB.  It's where his job is but not his head or his heart.  Also learned that fiancee Shailene Woodley lives in Boulder, CO.

That explains the the wish to become a Bronco.  Just what Boulder needs.  One more selfish arrogant jerk.

Well, the more the merrier, right? 

Post June 1st the cap hit is less, and there are some things they can do to alleviate it even more (I think). And I don't think that they'll have much of a choice. They can trade Love and fire Gutekunst...but even that doesn't guarantee them anything. I don't see any good conclusion to this. The Packers are going to have to take the cap hit, collect what draft picks they can, and move on. 

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Well, the more the merrier, right? 

Post June 1st the cap hit is less, and there are some things they can do to alleviate it even more (I think). And I don't think that they'll have much of a choice. They can trade Love and fire Gutekunst...but even that doesn't guarantee them anything. I don't see any good conclusion to this. The Packers are going to have to take the cap hit, collect what draft picks they can, and move on. 

Well Rodgers does have that cap leverage if he does decided to stick it to them and retire.  That's a gun he can hold to their heads to get his way.  My son-in-law thinks it's a done deal with Denver post June 1st and also thinks Surtain was picked to be part of the trade package.

Personally I'd love it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, soulman said:

Well Rodgers does have that cap leverage if he does decided to stick it to them and retire.  That's a gun he can hold to their heads to get his way.  My son-in-law thinks it's a done deal with Denver post June 1st and also thinks Surtain was picked to be part of the trade package.

Personally I'd love it.

I'm not quite sure how I'd feel about it. But, obviously, not having Rodgers in the division any more would be a relief. 

Right now, I don't see any way it doesn't happen, though. Denver being the most likely landing spot, Las Vegas the next. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I put a hypo on GB board a few days ago, I don’t remember when:

Rodgers on 3 year commitment or Trade him.

Of course they all picked option C.   2 year commitment or just status quo or whatever other option I didn’t put up there.   I am just happy some of them replied.  Usually they just ignore me.  

Reports are he wants a commitment and reports are GB has offered one.  

So a good guess is that means they have offered 2 and he rejected it and 3 probably gets it done, but they don’t want to commit to 3 at this time.

Best scenario for us is he holds and nothing gets done.  

A big trade hurts us in long run and a resigning hurts in present.

I think if he they were really high on Love from watching practice Rodgers would be out the door in a pre-draft mega trade MVP year or no.

I think this means they think Love ain’t that good at moment. 

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Best scenario for us is he holds and nothing gets done.  

A big trade hurts us in long run and a resigning hurts in present.

I think if he they were really high on Love from watching practice Rodgers would be out the door in a pre-draft mega trade MVP year or no.

I think this means they think Love ain’t that good at moment. 

Kenny Mayne had him on and while Rodgers wouldn't comment on a trade demand he clearly has his issues with the Packer Corporation and Upper Management.  I don't know that we'll have much more solid info 'til the Mandatory OTAs begin and he's either present or not.

Yeah, a trade for multiple 1st round picks, kicker picks, and a starting caliber player or two could certainly benefit GB in all kinds of ways but there are at least a few NFL GM's who've said the price may be less than others have predicted for what's likely to be a 2-3 year "rental".

No matter how promising Love may look it's not possible for him to be good enough yet to make anyone believe he can step in and replace Rodgers day one and in addition to camp arms they also signed Bortles so it seems they're preparing for a either stand off or a trade.

Edited by soulman

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Kenny Mayne had him on and while Rodgers wouldn't comment on a trade demand he clearly has his issues with the Packer Corporation and Upper Management.  I don't know that we'll have much more solid info 'til the Mandatory OTAs begin and he's either present or not.

Yeah, a trade for multiple 1st round picks, kicker picks, and a starting caliber player or two could certainly benefit GB in all kinds of ways but there are at least a few NFL GM's who've said the price may be less than others have predicted for what's likely to be a 2-3 year "rental".

No matter how promising Love may look it's not possible for him to be good enough yet to make anyone believe he can step in and replace Rodgers day one and in addition to camp arms they also signed Bortles so it seems they're preparing for a either stand off or a trade.

Yeah, I am not paying 3 first rounders for a 38 year old QB who could retire at any time.   

But I think Denver would be on board paying 2 and a good player.  

I get that even if Love is good, he isn't Rodgers.  But dude, that they asked him what he wanted and he said for you to be fired.

That is cold.   I would have traded him.

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yeah, I am not paying 3 first rounders for a 38 year old QB who could retire at any time.   

But I think Denver would be on board paying 2 and a good player.  

I get that even if Love is good, he isn't Rodgers.  But dude, that they asked him what he wanted and he said for you to be fired.

That is cold.   I would have traded him.

Well since Team CEO Mark Murphy has made it clear that Gutekunst won't be fired just to appease Rodgers the ball is back in Rodgers court and he should probably decide soon.  If he blows off the mandatory OTAs I would probably take that as his response to the front office and begin negotiating a trade quickly.

If the Broncos flipped two firsts and say Patrick Surtain who was their 1st round pick that's essentially the same as a current 1st and 2 future 1sts.  That should be enough to start the ball rolling while they haggle over other picks.  As much as I dislike Rodgers I'd love to see him in Bronco Orange and out of our hair.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 12:34 AM, soulman said:

I tend to agree with those who feel Gutekunst did not owe Rodgers a heads up before he drafted Love and if Rodgers is as good a QB as he believes he is then you make those around you better including your pass catchers.  You don't whine about the lack of drafting better ones only because your main concern is your own stats.  The W/L column is secondary to that because it's those stats he's gonna use in negotiations.

Could not disagree more, my friend.

Why do you think the Russell Wilsons and Aaron Rodgers of the NFL are pissed off right now? Because they just watched Tom Brady pick a team in FA, and they built an OL and gave him numerous weapons. Every QB in the NFL wants that type of appreciation -- especially the elite.

This mantra of "the QB has to lift all boats, so we won't spend draft capital on upper echelon offensive talent" is asinine to me.

I HATE Aaron Rodgers and I HATE the Packers. But I'd be a liar if I didn't say Rodgers is the most talented QB I have ever seen play.

33 minutes ago, G08 said:

Could not disagree more, my friend.

Why do you think the Russell Wilsons and Aaron Rodgers of the NFL are pissed off right now? Because they just watched Tom Brady pick a team in FA, and they built an OL and gave him numerous weapons. Every QB in the NFL wants that type of appreciation -- especially the elite.

This mantra of "the QB has to lift all boats, so we won't spend draft capital on upper echelon offensive talent" is asinine to me.

I HATE Aaron Rodgers and I HATE the Packers. But I'd be a liar if I didn't say Rodgers is the most talented QB I have ever seen play.

You may well be right as it applies to any of these QBs but they don't play in GB and Tampa Bay isn't Green Bay.

Aaron Rodgers may say he loves Packer Fans but a whole lot of them don't love him or his attitude.  It's a very blue collar city as is most of eastern Wisconsin.  A whole lot of them are looking at his $134 mil contract which still has 3 years to run and expecting him to honor it.  The Packer Faithful don't take kindly to "dive like" attitudes and demands.

The Packers appear to have offered him a raise that would make him the highest paid player in the NFL but what he's asking for in addition (or so it's been said) they aren't gonna give him.  As good as Rodgers is in GB the Packer Corporation holds the better hand.

Edited by soulman