Brad Holmes

BarryTheBest

Just wanted to share with you all how much I like Brad. Have listened to probably every media session he has had since being hired, and his candor and charisma are such a departure from Bob Quinn and the arrogance/cryptic nature he approached the media with. 

Brad is always appreciative of those around him, and always seems to know when to provide information or when to "keep it in house". Without having sat in on the interview process, I totally understand why he was the selection for GM. 

Excited to see what the future holds.

• Like 5

I like the fact that SFH didn’t just pick the big names everyone was clamoring for. She actually picked Holmes and Campbell based on Knowledge, passion and how others will respond to them. Look at he coaching staff they put together! Look at how the players are responding to them! This is exciting and I believe the very thing to change this team around finally. Reminds me a little of Schwartz whom I loved as coach but realized he was never going to get them to the next step. I feel like these guys have enough experience around them to get to many steps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

I like the fact that SFH didn’t just pick the big names everyone was clamoring for. She actually picked Holmes and Campbell based on Knowledge, passion and how others will respond to them. Look at he coaching staff they put together! Look at how the players are responding to them! This is exciting and I believe the very thing to change this team around finally. Reminds me a little of Schwartz whom I loved as coach but realized he was never going to get them to the next step. I feel like these guys have enough experience around them to get to many steps. 

More great points. It does feel much different this time. The energy is so much different top to bottom. It all starts with SHF as you allude to. She is proving herself to be an engaging and empowering owner to this juncture.

I will say I was not a fan.  And we will see if they can get it done in the end but this front office/staff maybe exactly what we need for this rebuild.  They are super easy to route for which I’m not sure if that is clouding my judgement or not but so far that are proving me wrong and I love it.

On a side note I saw a picture of Patricia yesterday and it made me angry.  Man I hated him and Quinn so much and still do.  What a difference to go from those jerks to a staff with some humility.

16 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I will say I was not a fan.  And we will see if they can get it done in the end but this front office/staff maybe exactly what we need for this rebuild.  They are super easy to route for which I’m not sure if that is clouding my judgement or not but so far that are proving me wrong and I love it.

On a side note I saw a picture of Patricia yesterday and it made me angry.  Man I hated him and Quinn so much and still do.  What a difference to go from those jerks to a staff with some humility.

I think we were all skeptical upfront. Easy to be that way when the person being hired is a relative unknown, and the coach hired is not the "offensive genius" many people would prefer. But yes, this regime just has a strong positive vibe to them.

25 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I’ll give him a C for this draft (subject to change later) 

I’ll give him a B- on Stafford trade would have been higher but that Goff contract

true test to me is how he handles the multiple 1sts next year 

We will certainly all have varying opinions on the transactions so far, but this thread was more so to communicate how I feel about his personality/demeanor vs the previous turds we had. 

20 minutes ago, BarryTheBest said:

We will certainly all have varying opinions on the transactions so far, but this thread was more so to communicate how I feel about his personality/demeanor vs the previous turds we had. 

@detfan782004 has been a hater as long as I can remember being on here (; 

Just now, detfan782004 said:

So if a modest grade is given it’s a hater. Yea that’s why I don’t post as often. People attack opinions of others with hate 

hahahahahahahaha. ive just only you seen you be negative. so all well. too bad you dont post too much. people are missing out on your opinion

53 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

hahahahahahahaha. ive just only you seen you be negative. so all well. too bad you dont post too much. people are missing out on your opinion

I do not receive the opinion or grade as negative, just differing with a degree of wait and see approach. All of us truly have a reason to take this stance given the history of our franchise. I generally choose to be more optimistic, but that is only personal preference. In the end, we either hope our optimism proves correct, or we for any pessimism to be proven wrong. We are all still Lions fans 😊

Edited by BarryTheBest
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

I’ve posted positively about most of draft picks overall. Just don’t like back to back DT and waiting to address WR