17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

A lot of my fellow Rams fans hated losing him. I think the Lions are going to be very happy with his drafting when it's all said and done.

I don't disagree, but as fans, we should be allowed to disagree with decisions in the moment. Everyone is entitled to opinions and draft philosophies. Doesn't mean we don't support the players or team. We, as a society, have to get back to being able to disagree with each other without going to either extreme. 

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

I don't disagree, but as fans, we should be allowed to disagree with decisions in the moment. Everyone is entitled to opinions and draft philosophies. Doesn't mean we don't support the players or team. We, as a society, have to get back to being able to disagree with each other without going to either extreme. 

I think you quoted the wrong post lol.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I think you quoted the wrong post lol.

No, I agree with you. Just expanding on something else. Sorry. Didn't make it seem like I was disagreeing with you.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

A lot of my fellow Rams fans hated losing him. I think the Lions are going to be very happy with his drafting when it's all said and done.

Would you have went back to back Dt? Waited so late on WR?

5 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Would you have went back to back Dt? Waited so late on WR?

I'd have done things differently, but I really like Amon-Ra St. Brown and would have spent a third on him. So I'm not disappointed he was the guy the Lions picked.

10 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

I’ll give him a C for this draft (subject to change later) 

I’ll give him a B- on Stafford trade would have been higher but that Goff contract

true test to me is how he handles the multiple 1sts next year 

The Goff contract is about perception. The Lions received a 2021 3rd, and a 2022 1st for Stafford. They received a 1st by taking on Goffs contract. It’s the same as buying a 1st round pick which any team in the league would do.

I understand the hesitancy with the draft grade. Personally I think he got the best OT and best DT in the class. They got th best NT which will provide options up front. The drafted a steady, dependable receiver for the slot. A LB that will likely start on special teams. A future starting CB and running back that I don’t know much about.

I agree with you about the draft picks. It’s a great opportunity that will likely define him. 

So far I really like what he’s done. I can’t recall a Lions draft I liked more.

Hope you’re keeping well.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

I’m in the wait and see category. They haven’t accomplished anything yet. If our 1sts we received for stafford don’t pan out and Goff doesn’t pan out, the stafford trade is going to hurt. Especially if there is someone at 8 we could of had from Carolina turns in to mr. Incredible.

but I do like these guys and they are going to be a lot harder to part with if they do fail then previous regimes because they’re so damn likeable.

Edited by LionArkie