> 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <

Danger

On 9/4/2021 at 7:51 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

With Miles Sanders struggling with catching the ball and just the fact that I'm not too convinced at paying RBs a big 2nd contract most of the time unless they are so elite and can hopefully offer good receiving ability and be a good blocker. Sanders can break big runs as good or better than anybody, but even if he's a good runner these next 2 years it might be hard to justify paying him without that receiving/3rd down ability.

Not sure if we'll take a RB fairly high in this draft, but I could see one on day 2 (2nd and 3rd round) if they don't like the idea of paying Sanders. Then, you have Sanders, Gainwell, rookie next year and let Miles walk for a good sized deal elsewhere and hopefully get back a nice comp pick.

Anyways, I bring Zach Charbonnet to your attention, gents.

Last week against Hawaii... yes not great compeition I know.

He had 106 yards on ONLY 6 carries which included that 47 yard TD.

A pitiful 4 of his 6 carries were 10 plus yards and 3 of them went for TDs including another one that was over 20 yards.

Pshhhhhh.

That leg drive 😎

Only 7 carries in the first half, but he went for 70 yards. 10.0 average.

He also added a TD and a reception for 35 yards too and 4 of those 7 carries went for 10+ yards.

He comes from a good family too I believe and has a good head on his shoulders.

Not sure why Michigan couldn't find touches for him and Chris Evans who was selected in the 6th round this year and has flashed in camp/preseason.

Charbonnet only had 19 yards for 2 TDs on 6 carries last week against Fresno State in a loss. Not sure what Chip was doing there, but Zach came back this week against Stanford with 209 yards on 25 carries to go along with a TD and 5 catches for 42 yards receiving.

On 9/25/2021 at 5:20 PM, Danger said:

Right now most of my TDN Mocks (only 3 rounds, look something like this)

1. CB Andrew Booth
1. EDGE George Karlafatis
2. S Jordan Battle
2. LB Brandon Smith
3. RB Zach Charbonnet (I think he's gonna rise in the next 6 months)

you already know the Eagles will never take a good LB from Penn State. Brandon Smith will be a Giant or a Red Wolf.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't even feel like "he sucks" just that "he ain't it." 

Mostly because I really never had high expectations for him to begin with. He's Tyrod Taylor.

remember in the draft chat when i told you you wouldnt believe me if i told you who we drafted.

good times.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't even feel like "he sucks" just that "he ain't it." 

Mostly because I really never had high expectations for him to begin with. He's Tyrod Taylor.

This. It’s what, his 7th start? Most young guys would struggle just as he has, if not more, especially with this lame duck cast. The issue is, unlike a TLaw or Josh Allen, Hurts just doesn’t have potential that makes you want to wait it out to see if he figures it out. Like you said, Tyrod Taylor.

Seems to be some decent IOL prospects this year, with all the extra picks could see them using one 18-50 range for one.
Very real possibility we have to replace Brooks (contract out at the start of 2022) and Kelce (retirement) next year and Isaac the following year. If Landon works out great but still leaves two other spots.

Not sexy but a need close on the horizon.

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Seems to be some decent IOL prospects this year, with all the extra picks could see them using one 18-50 range for one.
Very real possibility we have to replace Brooks (contract out at the start of 2022) and Kelce (retirement) next year and Isaac the following year. If Landon works out great but still leaves two other spots.

Not sexy but a need close on the horizon.

We will 100% be drafting a OL in one of the first three rounds.