2022 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Danger

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Give me three young guys with potential on this team > than one star who will need a big contract. If we were the Rams ready to make a run it would be different, but I'd rather role the dice on 2-3 young guys so we can spend money in FA to bring talent in as well.

Would you take 3 guys with potential over 1 star and another 1st rounder with potential? The likelihood you hit on all 3 guys is probably 10-15% vs trading 2 of the picks (not all 3) for someone who is already good and still getting better.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Would you take 3 guys with potential over 1 star and another 1st rounder with potential? The likelihood you hit on all 3 guys is probably 10-15% vs trading 2 of the picks (not all 3) for someone who is already good and still getting better.

Depends on who the guy is and how much money that have to be paid. I am not saying don't trade any of the picks, but as a philosophy I just want to get young talent before guys on second contracts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Depends on who the guy is and how much money that have to be paid. I am not saying don't trade any of the picks, but as a philosophy I just want to get young talent before guys on second contracts. 

The guy would be DE Josh Allen. Doesn't turn 25 til summer. Only in his 3rd year, so don't have to extend him for another year. Really 2 years with the 5th year option.

So we trade our 1st and MIA 1st for Josh Allen, and still have Colts pick to take a Kaiir Elam or Ahmad Gardner at CB. We're down a 1st rounder that may or may not pan out, but we have a DE that should get 10+ sacks every year he's healthy, and is relatively cheap for 2 more years.

Edited by Jeezla

15 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Me thinking about Hurts actually being good and having 4 picks in the first 2 rounds 

Andy Samberg Ew GIF

So many ways they can go, let’s hope the Phins and Colts can suck it up and get us two top 15 picks.

Hope with this scheme, the talent and the extra picks they actually get at a safety.

53 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

So many ways they can go, let’s hope the Phins and Colts can suck it up and get us two top 15 picks.

Hope with this scheme, the talent and the extra picks they actually get at a safety.

If Hurts is even decent we may ride with him for a few seasons. Which could be super frustrating or a very good way to load up on some talent. 

But yea, if my calculations are correct, and Carson plays all the snaps of the games he plays, we’re talking 12 total games roughly.  11 more weeks. 

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Through 2 weeks
Strong QB 1
Ridder QB2
Willis/Corral tied for QB3
Nix/Rattler tied for QB5

I haven't seen much of Strong so take that into consideration - however, Corral is QB1 for me right now. There's a lot of time left and I'm sure Howell/Rattler will work their way up. 

Thibodeaux DE
Hamilton S
Stingley Jr CB
Booth Jr CB
Elam CB
Gardner CB
Treylon WR

That's the crush list so far. I need some LB's to step up and prove crush worthy.

Wanted to like Henry To'o To'o, but athletically he looks like TJ Edwards. Christian Harris has the athleticism and good enough size, but not sure he has natural instincts. I see more of a reactionary WLB than an instinctive MLB.

Anyone know about this Jermaine Johnson guy on FSU? Georgia xfer. 1.5 sacks vs ND and 2.5 more vs Jacksonville state. Listed at 6'5" 260. Anyone watch him? Isn't @808an FSU fan? Or was that @Phire?

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

This is pure. Name a top pass rusher with a weak first name. Go!

Anyone that name's their son Aidan probably hates their kid, probably didn't get them a N64* no matter how much they wanted the see-through purple one when they were a kid. That kinda scarring doesn't heal I hear, how's he gonna buy into anyone or anything?

*or time appropriate Nintendo console...probably a lot of them got told to pound sand on their Wii requests.

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Anyone that name's their son Aidan probably hates their kid, probably didn't get them a N64* no matter how much they wanted the see-through purple one when they were a kid. That kinda scarring doesn't heal I hear, how's he gonna buy into anyone or anything?

*or time appropriate Nintendo console...probably a lot of them got told to pound sand on their Wii requests.

N64 is def dating yourself. And this is coming from an older lad. lol 

• Like 1