2022 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Danger

26 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I agree - there isn’t one worth a first rounder this year.

The second and third rounds are usually the perfect range for LBs. Still makes me mad the year we took a LB high in the 2nd round and we got Mychal Kendricks. Bucs and Seahawks got Lavonte David and Bobby Wagner. Sigh.

Some other examples would be Darius Leonard (2nd), Fred Warner (3rd), Eric Kendricks (2nd), Demario Davis (3rd), etc.

I’m not of the belief that you can never take a LB in the first, but they better be pretty special like a Kuechly. I get why Parsons with his athleticism made sense. But, it’s pretty rare a LB is gonna be worth a first let alone a top 10-15 pick which may be the range for even our last first rounder.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Hot take but Stingley is pretty overrated imo. He has a ton of talent but I just don't like where he is as a football player. Everytime I have watched him he seems like he wants to avoid all contact. Way too finesse for the NFL game as things stand now. The talent is undeniable tho.

31 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Hot take but Stingley is pretty overrated imo. He has a ton of talent but I just don't like where he is as a football player. Everytime I have watched him he seems like he wants to avoid all contact. Way too finesse for the NFL game as things stand now. The talent is undeniable tho.

You know someone that isnt afraid to come downhill and be physical?

On 9/4/2021 at 5:14 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

"Gimme him" - Gannon & me

Edit:

This was from back during fall camp before Booth’s true freshman season when he was still 18.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Joey Porter Jr. won't come out this year, but he's an incredibly willing and physical corner. I think he'll be a day 2 guy next year.

I mean he’s a redshirt sophomore so wouldn’t he technically be eligible this year? Not sure it would make sense for him to come out though in such a stacked class. 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You know someone that isnt afraid to come downhill and be physical?

Edit:

This was from back during fall camp before Booth’s true freshman season when he was still 18.

Ya right now I prefer Booth to Stingley. He has the talent as well but also has the fire to succeed in the NFL

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He gave up on CFB a long time ago. There was never any doubt he was going to be a high pick after his freshman year so he kind of chilled out. He’s still, easily, the best cover guy and CB prospect in CFB. 

Three Day 1 & 2 Mocks
Some of what I like, other stuff I gain see the FO doing.

63CHweu.png

Mock 1

• Get 3 blue chip players out the gate (Booth probably not making it there but swap it for another CB)
  • Move back and get some extra picks, this year and next year.
  • Get a Athletic LB in DeO and a versatile edge in Cox to take on this Avery role
  • Brown has Center/Guard versatility to fit wherever we need him.

And now two that would make more people mad....

UvNgOev.png

Mock 2

• Get Hutchinson and Booth again, but this time Howie elects to get an elite guard prospect in rd1.
  • With the center later, OL potentially is set and all young if everyone hits. Sets up a great situation for Hurts next year or whatever year we get our Qb if it isn't him.
  • Cox again, however there are a lot of Edge OLB types in this draft they could take.
  • Lloyd and Smith as more core players hopefully for the defense to grow with. Both had a lot of notes on leadership and on-field intelligence, but also had the athleticism and ability too. 

Smu2xFX.png?1

Mock 3

• Howie lulls us into a false sense of joy with the Hamilton pick, only to take a Dlinemen at 6.
    Here is my thinking. Aside from them valuing the position a lot, Fletcher has talked recently about him having to constantly switch positions along the line. Which is what Leal has done in college. With Cox likely in his last year here next year, they but early to smoothly transition to the future of Hargrave and Leal. Hargrave will likely get his deal reworked, but right now he's slated to only be here next year as well. Milton has looked good so I don't think this will happen, but the thought crossed my mind it could.
  • Gardner will be a solid CB option if we don't pounce on one in the top 10.
  • Kingsley is similar to Brenton Cox in that hybrid Rush/SLB role we have.
  • Double dip with Bubba at safety
  • Get the next center and versatile guard in round 3. Similar to draft two but not spending that high value on IOL.

The more I look at the draft the more I see them double dipping at edge in the first 3 rounds.
One traditional edge and one in the Hybrid backer spot. Lots of good IOL throughout, really a matter of how high you want to invest. I did one with one super high just in case, They have an out for Brandon Brooks should they exercise it at the start of the league year next year.

Howie will not be able to control himself taking a QB that will inevitably shoot up the draft. Book it. 

Im ok with waiting for Hurts to develop. But Howie’s not going to be in this position ever again. He’s got to make it stick. I think it’s a push his chips all in off season to basically save another 10 years of his job. If he mucks this up, it’s curtains. Getting a couple pro bowl players out of this would be amazing but Howie’s going to be looking for the home run shot. He’s almost got to. 

12 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean he’s a redshirt sophomore so wouldn’t he technically be eligible this year? Not sure it would make sense for him to come out though in such a stacked class. 

RS Sophomore's are in fact eligible for the draft, unless that rule's changed in the last couple years. For the draft, one must have attended a university for 3 years in total is my understanding.