2022 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Danger

37 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

If we go DT with one of our 1st rounders let alone our highest pick, I think that might be it for me as a fan of this team. 

Cox is gone after next year most likely, Hargrave will be on the final year of his deal barring an early extension.

Draft is for the future, a guy like Leal who is versatile is a fine addition. He already has been doing what this defense would ask of him and can move to something else should the scheme change.

We potentially have 3 top 12 picks, just take the best players and be happy. 

Obviously I want Hamilton, an edge and a corner…even better with a trade down in there. But decent shot it won’t go that way. In that draft got a big offer for #5. Went Leal since both booth and Gardner were on the board still.

52 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Cox is gone after next year most likely, Hargrave will be on the final year of his deal barring an early extension.

Draft is for the future, a guy like Leal who is versatile is a fine addition. He already has been doing what this defense would ask of him and can move to something else should the scheme change.

We potentially have 3 top 12 picks, just take the best players and be happy. 

Obviously I want Hamilton, an edge and a corner…even better with a trade down in there. But decent shot it won’t go that way. In that draft got a big offer for #5. Went Leal since both booth and Gardner were on the board still.

I agree that DT is not far off but given that we just made a terrible pick (again) with Milton Williams in the third  and Hargrave will most likely be extended, there’s plenty of places that need more attention than DT. 

A big reason we don’t have a good defensive unit it’s because we go back to the trenches as soon as there’s a sliver of a need (which is always), either being starter or even rotational player. And still the DL is far from an elite unit given the amount of resources we’ve invested.

I’d like the Eagles to try something new on team building, it’s overdue.

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I agree that DT is not far off but given that we just made a terrible pick (again) with Milton Williams in the third  and Hargrave will most likely be extended, there’s plenty of places that need more attention than DT. 

A big reason we don’t have a good defensive unit it’s because we go back to the trenches as soon as there’s a sliver of a need (which is always), either being starter or even rotational player. And still the DL is far from an elite unit given the amount of resources we’ve invested.

I’d like the Eagles to try something new on team building, it’s overdue.

I get what you’re saying, it’s just you gotta play the board you are dealt. With an eye down the board too. Ton of DBs and edges that can help us now and build towards the future, IDL is a scarce position this draft when you give a cursory glance.

We could 100% be fine for 2022 by not taking one, but then decent chance we gotta do for IDL what we did for WR in 2020 and force the issue no matter what.

No position on this team is good enough to not take a top talent to bolster. Only ones I’d raise an eyebrow at would be TE (let’s not repeat the 12 personnel stuff), HB (it’s stupid to draft them high, especially in our state), and probably QB the way this class sits at the moment….will be a waste of a lot of years if we draft the wrong guy high at QB.

Leal is a versatile piece that helps the team out and future proofs a bit so if this staff does get canned we aren’t forced to move him for lack of fit.

Its really just how the board goes with Hamilton, Stingley and 1 or 2 edges going ahead of us almost every mock.

Watched Leal vs Ark and Bama, wasn't really impressed. 

What exactly makes him elite? I didn't see an elite 1st step or elite strength or balance. Looks like he has good size and solid athleticism, but I don't see special traits. I see more late 1st/early 2nd prospect based on my limited viewing.

Edited by Jeezla

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What exactly makes him elite? I didn't see an elite 1st step or elite strength or balance. Looks like he has good size and solid athleticism, but I don't see special traits. I see more late 1st/early 2nd prospect based on my limited viewing.

Well what makes him late 1st/early 2nd?

14 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Well what makes him late 1st/early 2nd?

Some edge/interior versatility, can bend, has above average, but not great athleticism, has good hand usage, looks like he has long arms and above average strength with room for another 20 lbs, gives good effort in pursuit even when the play isn't at him. At DT he Kinda looks like Jerry Tillery at ND, but obviously not as tall. I did not like him coming off the edge at all when he had snaps there vs Ark and Bama, but at least is showed he has some hips even if he doesn't have the burst to really threaten off the edge.

Edited by Jeezla

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

He's a plus athlete with versatility, elite strength, already uses his hands good and should have super long arms.