2022 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Danger

This LB class is probably gonna be bad. We'll need to sign somebody in FA/Trade for somebody.

On the plus side, there is almost no chance we don't come out of this draft with a very good CB prospect, unless we use all of the good good picks to move up for a QB.

We need hurts to go like 2-0, then get turf toe that heals perfectly after 15 weeks, but would be too painful to play on before that.

Edited by Jeezla

10 hours ago, Jeezla said:

This LB class is probably gonna be bad. We'll need to sign somebody in FA/Trade for somebody.

On the plus side, there is almost no chance we don't come out of this draft with a very good CB prospect, unless we use all of the good good picks to move up for a QB.

We need hurts to go like 2-0, then get turf toe that heals perfectly after 15 weeks, but would be too painful to play on before that.

Its a fantastic CB class though. Which is good for us.

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

TBH drafting a LB first round is usually not a smart decision anyways and not one Howie would likely make even if there was some tremendous prospect, so I’m okay with it.

Linebackers also for the most part don’t get paid that great and we should have some cap space next year.

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Yeah.. that’s been my biggest fear. I don’t know how many times I’ve said I want Hurts to do enough so we don’t end up in a situation like that, but I’m saying it again. 

I don’t want to have to watch Flacco for a full season of games though, so pass on that scenario. 

No Way Smile GIF by Get Out Movie

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

No.

Names I’ve seen mentioned after are like Bubba Bolden out of Miami (former USC… so should be safe with Eagles fans), Jordan Battle (Bama) and Brandon Joseph (North Western).

Forgot about Bolden. He could be a good one. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

The most likely scenario IMO, is QB, EDGE, and CB.

I think with Howie it'll be QB and Edge, either we trade two for a vet or move up.
If the NFL just wipes away the Watson stuff I 100% expect Howie to make a play. No matter people's opinion on it.

On 6/25/2021 at 3:43 PM, Kiltman said:

I think with Howie it'll be QB and Edge, either we trade two for a vet or move up.
If the NFL just wipes away the Watson stuff I 100% expect Howie to make a play. No matter people's opinion on it.

I think with Howie, we're screwed regardless.

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This could very well be a historic cornerback class.

But, sure.... the Eagles with 3 first rounders (hopefully) and a huge hole at CB2 and an aging Darius Slay would say "nah we good".

With that said, I hope Slay has 2 more good years in him...

After the 2022 season, Slay will be 32 and the Eagles could then choose to move on. Cutting him around this time in two years would still leave over $10 million in dead money but would save nearly $13 million in cap space. But that’s something for the Eagles to figure out if/when they get there.

Even if Slay plays out the entire three years, he’ll still leave behind a dead cap charge of over $4.5 million in 2024.

From: https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/darius-slays-details-restructured-contract-nfl-2021-season

He's gonna be closer to 33 than 32 when the 2023 season starts and his cap hit will be a hefty 23 million. 

The cap hit to cut him would be 10 million (13 million in savings), but like the quote from the article says those dummy years Howie added on in the restructure this off-season would still mean even if he plays out the final year of his deal we would still have to take the 4.57 million for the next year.