2022 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:
11 hours ago, Danger said:

My guess is the 10-12 range TBH.

If we are picking top 5 we're taking a QB.

I don't agree with that. If we pick 5th, and the top 2 QB's we like go 1 and 2 (ala Trevor and Zach Wilson), we prob don't take a QB, rather than reach on a guy they just sort of like. I'm guessing we'd take Stingley, Hamilton, or a stud pass rusher.
More likely, we end up trading the pick, and several others, for Watson once he's done settling all these molestations.

The latter definitely could happen. I’m pretty sure Caplan has said more than once the Eagles are interested in Watson, but obviously the legal has a long ways to go and we still need to see what we have in Hurts while all that plays out.

Deshaun Watson

Geoff Mosher: “If something were to happen, a trade for Deshaun Watson involving the Eagles, what has to first happen is that Jeffrey Lurie has to be OK with this. And for Jeffrey Lurie to be OK with this it’s not just 'thumbs up' or 'thumbs down,' no. Jeffrey, because we know how active Jeffrey is, he's going to have to have a team of people, researchers, security people doing all of the legwork that needs to be done, leaving no stone unturned so that Jeffrey can make a decision based on the facts that he has accumulated. That's got to be Step 1 before anything else can happen. I mean, you know how Jeffery is and how he views public perception and how thorough he is on things like this. He is not going to do anything unless the information he gets makes him very comfortable with Deshaun Watson's character, and only then.”

Adam Caplan: “I've talked to teams that have interest in him, and the way it works is you have your own security team, you've got your attorney or attorneys, you have NFL security you talk to, you have your own law enforcement sources as one team told me. One team said they did their research on it because this one team is looking for a quarterback but had not been mentioned in all the rumors. The Eagles have been mentioned, obviously. It's been out there for a couple weeks. Panthers, a couple other teams. This one team was not but they were talking about internally and they were discussing if they would do anything. And they were not, but the guy told me this is the way it would work if you do this.”

"The stuff that has been alleged against Watson is very serious. Let's not undermine that. It's very serious. We don't know what the truth is, but you’ve got to take the accusations seriously so I don't see how anyone could trade for him based on the accusations. But if you're a team that's interested, you've got to get to the bottom of what’s real. Obviously if you think even one of the accusations is real, you're out.”

Found this from a quick google search.

But, as far as picking 5th I do think if it’s not QB it’s more likely to be one of the top corners or one of the top pass rushers as opposed to a safety even if Hamilton could be a blue chip player and one of the top to come out in the draft there in the last decade. Safety just isn’t valued as much as outside corner and pass EDGE. I do think he can definitely crack the top 10, but 10-12 is probably more likely than getting into the top 5. 

This LB class is probably gonna be bad. We'll need to sign somebody in FA/Trade for somebody.

On the plus side, there is almost no chance we don't come out of this draft with a very good CB prospect, unless we use all of the good good picks to move up for a QB.

We need hurts to go like 2-0, then get turf toe that heals perfectly after 15 weeks, but would be too painful to play on before that.

Edited by Jeezla
10 hours ago, Jeezla said:

This LB class is probably gonna be bad. We'll need to sign somebody in FA/Trade for somebody.

On the plus side, there is almost no chance we don't come out of this draft with a very good CB prospect, unless we use all of the good good picks to move up for a QB.

We need hurts to go like 2-0, then get turf toe that heals perfectly after 15 weeks, but would be too painful to play on before that.

Its a fantastic CB class though. Which is good for us.

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Is there a consensus #2 safety after Hamilton?

No.

Names I’ve seen mentioned after are like Bubba Bolden out of Miami (former USC… so should be safe with Eagles fans), Jordan Battle (Bama) and Brandon Joseph (North Western).

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

TBH drafting a LB first round is usually not a smart decision anyways and not one Howie would likely make even if there was some tremendous prospect, so I’m okay with it.

Linebackers also for the most part don’t get paid that great and we should have some cap space next year.

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Yeah.. that’s been my biggest fear. I don’t know how many times I’ve said I want Hurts to do enough so we don’t end up in a situation like that, but I’m saying it again. 

I don’t want to have to watch Flacco for a full season of games though, so pass on that scenario. 

No Way Smile GIF by Get Out Movie

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

No.

Names I’ve seen mentioned after are like Bubba Bolden out of Miami (former USC… so should be safe with Eagles fans), Jordan Battle (Bama) and Brandon Joseph (North Western).

Forgot about Bolden. He could be a good one. 

11 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

If we keep the three picks next year I think we're looking at DT, EDGE, DT. It wouldn't surprise me to see us pass on a first round CB, assuming Stingley is gone. 

Fixed it for you

2 hours ago, Danger said:

The most likely scenario IMO, is QB, EDGE, and CB.

I think with Howie it'll be QB and Edge, either we trade two for a vet or move up.
If the NFL just wipes away the Watson stuff I 100% expect Howie to make a play. No matter people's opinion on it.

On 6/25/2021 at 3:43 PM, Kiltman said:

I think with Howie it'll be QB and Edge, either we trade two for a vet or move up.
If the NFL just wipes away the Watson stuff I 100% expect Howie to make a play. No matter people's opinion on it.

I think with Howie, we're screwed regardless.

On 6/25/2021 at 10:41 AM, Scalamania said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see us pass on a first round CB, assuming Stingley is gone.

It should, especially if we use all 3 first rounders.

This could very well be a historic cornerback class.

But, sure.... the Eagles with 3 first rounders (hopefully) and a huge hole at CB2 and an aging Darius Slay would say "nah we good".

• Like 1