2022 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Danger

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This could very well be a historic cornerback class.

But, sure.... the Eagles with 3 first rounders (hopefully) and a huge hole at CB2 and an aging Darius Slay would say "nah we good".

I’d love double dip at CB/DB with those 4 probable top 50 picks.

We need a back 7 heavy draft next year. I'd like to infuse another young safety back there, and get two more corners and a linebacker with the first four picks but that'll never happen. It'll include a QB and a trench player most likely. God I hope Jalen balls out and turns out to be the long term guy. It would affect so much more than just the QB position. Would really fill the roster out if he's the guy.

9 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

God I hope Jalen balls out and turns out to be the long term guy. It would affect so much more than just the QB position. Would really fill the roster out if he's the guy.

From your and my mouth (or finger tips in this case) to the football gods ears bro.

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I’d love double dip at CB/DB with those 4 probable top 50 picks.

That would be nice.

It really appears that this draft class is more defense heavy (at least top end talent wise) after the past couple years of offense heavy classes.

We need to capitalize. 

Hurts (probably) ain't gonna ball out.

1 Rattler/Ridder/Strong/Howell/Some other QB
1 Booth CB
1 Karlaftis DE
2 Bolden S
3 CB
4 OL
5 LB
5 DT
6 OL
7 LB

I will keep mocking Booth and Karlaftis  as our MIA/IND picks. 

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

He's just such a fit for what this FO looks for in a prospect. 

100%, any other edge pick would be because he’s gone or Gannon really stood on the table for another guy.

Howie gets to make up for missing on Kerrigan all those years ago.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Only draft guys who are polished route runners. Basically only draft DeVonta Smiths. That's gotta be the #1 predictor of college to pro positive translation. 

WR prospect checklist:

1 Under age 23
2 Separates consistently with routes vs college DB's and at least 4.5 speed, along with solid or better hands. Not a coward in traffic.
3 If not separating consistently with routesHas to run 4.39 or faster w/solid agility, have yac skills, and have solid or better hands.

• 2 weeks later...

With Miles Sanders struggling with catching the ball and just the fact that I'm not too convinced at paying RBs a big 2nd contract most of the time unless they are so elite and can hopefully offer good receiving ability and be a good blocker. Sanders can break big runs as good or better than anybody, but even if he's a good runner these next 2 years it might be hard to justify paying him without that receiving/3rd down ability.

Not sure if we'll take a RB fairly high in this draft, but I could see one on day 2 (2nd and 3rd round) if they don't like the idea of paying Sanders. Then, you have Sanders, Gainwell, rookie next year and let Miles walk for a good sized deal elsewhere and hopefully get back a nice comp pick.

Anyways, I bring Zach Charbonnet to your attention, gents.

Last week against Hawaii... yes not great compeition I know.

He had 106 yards on ONLY 6 carries which included that 47 yard TD.

A pitiful 4 of his 6 carries were 10 plus yards and 3 of them went for TDs including another one that was over 20 yards.

Pshhhhhh.

That leg drive 😎

Only 7 carries in the first half, but he went for 70 yards. 10.0 average.

He also added a TD and a reception for 35 yards too and 4 of those 7 carries went for 10+ yards.

He comes from a good family too I believe and has a good head on his shoulders.

Not sure why Michigan couldn't find touches for him and Chris Evans who was selected in the 6th round this year and has flashed in camp/preseason.