2022 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Danger

Also, Kayshon Boutte is gonna be a great one when he's eligible.

I knew about him cause of that Ole Miss game at the end of last season where he had 14 receptions for 308 receiving yards and 3 TDs as a true freshman.

He's wasting no time picking up where he left off last year though as he started his sophomore campaign with 9 receptions for 148 yards and all 3 of LSU's TDs in what is looking like an upset to UCLA.

Another good receiving for that 2023 class and also a true sophomore from the 2020 recruiting class is Rakim Jarrett from Maryland who had 6 catches for 122 yards and a TD. Not sure we'll have a need for WR by 2023, but yeah. They are really good WR prospects to watch regardless.

Edit: Found out Jarrett flipped from LSU to Maryland. Goddamn that WR corps would've been ridiculous and right after Chase, JJ and Marshall left.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I know he's only going against Cal and Nevada runs the air raid, but Carson Strong looks great tonight. Most impressive QB I've watched all weekend.

Did he throw the INT he telegraphed before or after you posted this? I heard he did good for the most part though. 

Slovis was solid I thought. I was watching Malik Willis only for a bit and I missed some of the first quarter where he made some good throws, but he's going up against Campbell and lots of quick passes and taking off running too. He is really fun though. Ridder I heard did pretty well. Wasn't in on JT Daniels. Corral doesn't play until Monday.

Obviously the big two in Rattler and Howell struggling in the first week isn't great, but we kinda knew heading into this season that this QB class wasn't all that. Hopefully a few progress over the course of the season.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Did he throw the INT he telegraphed before or after you posted this? I heard he did good for the most part though. 

Slovis was solid I thought. I was watching Malik Willis only for a bit and I missed some of the first quarter where he made some good throws, but he's going up against Campbell and lots of quick passes and taking off running too. He is really fun though. Ridder I heard did pretty well. Wasn't in on JT Daniels. Corral doesn't play until Monday.

Obviously the big two in Rattler and Howell struggling in the first week isn't great, but we kinda knew heading into this season that this QB class wasn't all that. Hopefully a few progress over the course of the season.

Must have been after. He was making every throw last night. Deep balls with strength and touch,  throwing guys open etc. Oh and his receivers dropped 7 balls. 

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Maybe not as QB1, but I started the train in the spring. Was watching their skill guys like Moore….man he throws a pretty ball.

Intangibles wise seems like a good fit too.

I've followed Corral pretty closely after his de-commitment from UF. 

I liked what I saw with him last year but after watching him run that offense last night it's hard not to like him. I'm excited to see what he can do when they face Bama in October. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I've followed Corral pretty closely after his de-commitment from UF. 

I liked what I saw with him last year but after watching him run that offense last night it's hard not to like him. I'm excited to see what he can do when they face Bama in October. 

Yeah that’ll be a good game to watch, depends if Hurts plays well I suppose. But I think I’m going to try to watch more live college games this year. At least those big matchups to check out some of these QBs.

Any other guys step up week 1?

Huge pool of QBs this year, potentially.

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah that’ll be a good game to watch, depends if Hurts plays well I suppose. But I think I’m going to try to watch more live college games this year. At least those big matchups to check out some of these QBs.

Any other guys step up week 1?

Huge pool of QBs this year, potentially.

Carson Strong really impressed me. Seemed capable of making every throw. He's more of a pocket passer guy though not real mobile from what I saw. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Outside of Corral - Ridder, Strong, Phil Jurkovec and Jack Coan all had pretty good days. 

Assuming Rattler, Howell and JT turn it around it could be a very good QB class. 

Nice, liked what I saw with Ridder too coming in.

Glad to here it. Would be awesome if we can just get the next guy without having to trade all our picks or lower ourselves into the Watson discussions.