2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

9 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Since when does it only take 6-9 months to recover from an ACL?  His camp may be floating that to up his draft stock but I don't believe it for a second.  Even 10 months is optimistic.  Puts him in December.  Dude would be a red shirt.  He's a rook coming off of a major injury.  It's red shirt.  Tell me of one player that came back and played in the NFL 6-9 months after an ACL.  It just doesn't happen.

I NEVER said 6 month recovery for a torn ACL.  I've been pretty steadfast at 9 months being on the earlier end of the recovery.  Joe Burrow tore his ACL 11/22/20, and he was back playing 9/12/21 which is a 10 month recovery.  And he never went on the PUP list either.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And now you're projecting setbacks in his recovery?  Are you privy to information that nobody else here is.  Legitimately asking.

CWood he tore his ACL Jan 20th.  ACL recovery is not 6-9 months.  It's normally a year.  Maybe a guy can recover more quickly.  Say 10 months but that's optimistic.  Even then that puts him into December.  Sorry man but if we draft the kid he won't see the field this year.  It will be a red shirt and rightfully so.  Hey if you want to draft him that's cool.  But you have to realize he's not going to play in 2022.  Don't know why you are arguing the point.  We've all been following the NFL long enough to know this.  

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

So are you saying if he misses all of training camp - gets zero reps - he will see the field and have an impact in 2022 ?

You are aware there is usually a ramp up period before he's cleared for games, right?  And if the WR room is as barren as some are suggesting then a player as talented as he is shouldn't have any issues separating himself.  Either way, I think the point is moot because he's going to be off the board at 22.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

It is a problem for Metchie too.  Wouldn't draft him either.  Not signing OBJ either.  Don't get how guys are so cavalier about major injuries.  Ojabo tore his Achilles and guys talk like it's not big deal.  Ughhh...pass pass pass.  ACL is 10-12 months.  18 months to return to form.  Just the way it is.  Even then you can have set backs like Bak.  

We're not drafting for one year, my dude. I'm sure the Titans regret drafting Jeffery Simmons coming off a torn ACL.

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

CWood he tore his ACL Jan 20th.  ACL recovery is not 6-9 months.  It's normally a year.  Maybe a guy can recover more quickly.  Say 10 months but that's optimistic.  Even then that puts him into December.  Sorry man but if we draft the kid he won't see the field this year.  It will be a red shirt and rightfully so.  Hey if you want to draft him that's cool.  But you have to realize he's not going to play in 2022.  Don't know why you are arguing the point.  We've all been following the NFL long enough to know this.  

I legitimately pointed out Joe Burrow's recovery was ~10 months before he was cleared to play in an NFL game, but yes it's closer to a year.  I get it, we've all got a salty taste in our mouth with David Bakhtiari's setbacks.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I NEVER said 6 month recovery for a torn ACL.  I've been pretty steadfast at 9 months being on the earlier end of the recovery.  Joe Burrow tore his ACL 11/22/20, and he was back playing 9/12/21 which is a 10 month recovery.  And he never went on the PUP list either.

You said everything I read is 6-9 months.  I see you edited it to ~9 months.  Common man.  Burrow is a QB not a WR.  10 months at the earliest is what I'm saying and that's optimistic. Yah I'm a bit salty. 

Edited by Scoremore

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Where am I projecting him ahead of schedule?  I'm with you on it being agent talk about him being ahead of schedule.  You get him back on the field ~9 months after he tore his ACL, I'd chalk that up as a win.

It's progressed a bit past agent talk for both Williams and Metchie.

"According to Jeff Howe of The Athletic, the two are progressing impressively in their recoveries, with that opinion being echoed by the NFL teams who have looked into their medical information."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/04/draft-rumors-stingley-jaguars-alabama-cine-burks#ref=home

I think Williams goes at 8 to ATL and is the first WR off the board, so it's probably all moot, but if he's available at 22 I'm running up there to take him.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You are aware there is usually a ramp up period before he's cleared for games, right?  And if the WR room is as barren as some are suggesting then a player as talented as he is shouldn't have any issues separating himself.  Either way, I think the point is moot because he's going to be off the board at 22.

Now you are avoiding the question. Read what MVS said about the playbook(s) and reps, and then tell me Williams can overcome missing all of training camp and still be on the same page as Rodgers and get snaps in 2022

And comparing a QB to a WR is apples and oranges. Burrow and Bak can wear a knee brace. 

Edited by cannondale

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We're not drafting for one year, my dude. I'm sure the Titans regret drafting Jeffery Simmons coming off a torn ACL.

Truth there.  Metchie is not going to be our 1st rounder probably 3rd and that would be ok.   Want Williams we'll have to take him at #22.  Simmons plays at a premium position.  Stud DT.  Bit different as far as positional value.  So not exactly fair comparison.  Also agree Pack always takes the long view but we will want our top picks to contribute right away.  Especially with the short window we have left with Rodgers.  

8 minutes ago, Sandy said:

It's progressed a bit past agent talk for both Williams and Metchie.

"According to Jeff Howe of The Athletic, the two are progressing impressively in their recoveries, with that opinion being echoed by the NFL teams who have looked into their medical information."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/04/draft-rumors-stingley-jaguars-alabama-cine-burks#ref=home

I think Williams goes at 8 to ATL and is the first WR off the board, so it's probably all moot, but if he's available at 22 I'm running up there to take him.

Nah it's lying season man.  Don't fall for it.  Sure they may be progressing nicely but both will be redshirts.  Unless there is a new miracle cure for fixing an ACL that I don't know about.  It's generally a year.  Even then they won't be 100%.  Agree with you and CWood don't know why we are wasting our time.  Boredom I guess.  He'll be gone before #22 anyway.  Just given our unique circumstances we don't have the luxury to draft the guy.  Post Rodgers and we are rebuilding sure.  We could afford a redshirt. 

18 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Nah it's lying season man.  Don't fall for it.  Sure they may be progressing nicely but both will be redshirts.  Unless there is a new miracle cure for fixing an ACL that I don't know about.  It's generally a year.  Even then they won't be 100%.  Agree with you and CWood don't know why we are wasting our time.  Boredom I guess.  He'll be gone before #22 anyway.  Just given our unique circumstances we don't have the luxury to draft the guy.  Post Rodgers and we are rebuilding sure.  We could afford a redshirt. 

There is a new ACL repair out there that cuts the recovery time in half, but I am yet to hear of any college or pro player that has opted for the surgery.  It's called (BEAR) bridge enhanced ACL repair. 

34 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

You said everything I read is 6-9 months.  I see you edited it to ~9 months.  Common man.  Burrow is a QB not a WR.  10 months at the earliest is what I'm saying and that's optimistic. Yah I'm a bit salty. 

I never said 6 months, but continue to believe that I edited my post.

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

This ^
Hence my fixation on Pickens.

Oh poor Leader...like him too dude but you are pounding the table too hard.  Now there is no way we'll take him.  Packers never take guys we talk about.  You just screwed yourself.  Getting emotionally invested in a player.  It's tough out there man.  Try to not break your TV during the draft.