2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

10 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Nah it's lying season man.  Don't fall for it.  Sure they may be progressing nicely but both will be redshirts.  Unless there is a new miracle cure for fixing an ACL that I don't know about.  It's generally a year.  Even then they won't be 100%.  Agree with you and CWood don't know why we are wasting our time.  Boredom I guess.  He'll be gone before #22 anyway.  Just given our unique circumstances we don't have the luxury to draft the guy.  Post Rodgers and we are rebuilding sure.  We could afford a redshirt. 

It would certainly be a big debate and a hard decision for Gute if he was available. I think if he will play if he gets drafted by a contending team. October at the latest.

Amari Rodgers was at practice in 5 months and catching passes in a game less than 6 months after his ACL tear.  There's other precedents like Adrian Peterson too. I think OBJs first ACL recovery was really quick iirc too.

WR isn't like o-line, dline, or any position where they have heavier bodies putting pressure on the knee and more torque on the joint based on the reqs of the position. A lot of WR is just running. Limiting both snaps and his route tree, he could be on the field week 1.

But I think if a non-contending team takes him then yeah, he'll be redshirted as they tank for next season.

33 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Now you are avoiding the question. Read what MVS said about the playbook(s) and reps, and then tell me Williams can overcome missing all of training camp and still be on the same page as Rodgers and get snaps in 2022

And comparing a QB to a WR is apples and oranges. Burrow and Bak can wear a knee brace. 

I'm not avoiding the question.  You act like he's going to be completely away from the facilities until he's cleared to play.  He's going to be in the film room with the rest of the WRs, he's going to be doing conditioning, etc.  Would I love him to be able to get some valuable reps?  Absolutely.  But I'm not avoiding a clearly superior player simply because he's injured right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Oh poor Leader...like him too dude but you are pounding the table too hard.  Now there is no way we'll take him.  Packers never take guys we talk about.  You just screwed yourself.  Getting emotionally invested in a player.  It's tough out there man.  Try to not break your TV during the draft. 

The Packers don't go way off the reservation either.  We've talked about just about everyone this year.

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

And I still don't have a clear understanding of this supposed loaded WR class. Most every guy has legit concerns. And when you factor in GB's thresholds, it wouldn't shock me if Watson was the guy at #28

Isn't Watson on the older end of prospects?

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

And I still don't have a clear understanding of this supposed loaded WR class. Most every guy has legit concerns. And when you factor in GB's thresholds, it wouldn't shock me if Watson was the guy at #28

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/WR/1/2022

Pretty fun site.  There are a lot of guys that meet our thresholds if you look through there.  Many of them however are late round or UDFA types.  Watson is intriguing and he can return kicks.  Still don't like him enough to take him at #28.  Maybe the Packer do we'll find out.  See now your talking about Watson so cross him off the list.  So Pickens, Pierce, and Watson too much discussion around here.  No way do we draft them now.  :)

22 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Pretty fun site.  There are a lot of guys that meet our thresholds if you look through there.  Many of them however are late round or UDFA types.  Watson is intriguing and he can return kicks.  Still don't like him enough to take him at #28.  Maybe the Packer do we'll find out.  See now your talking about Watson so cross him off the list.  So Pickens, Pierce, and Watson too much discussion around here.  No way do we draft them now.  :)

And I read somewhere that Pickens' interview was terrible. He does have some character things. Also read that Burks had to be told where to line up and what to do every play. 

Watson's age is a red mark against him, but all things considered ..... Watched a podcast where a guest that was at the Senior Bowl said Watson won nearly all of his reps. He also brought up a good point about his 4.36 time. At 6'-4" that time is more impressive than a guy 5'-11" running the same time. Similar to the bench press where a guy with 35" arms matching reps with a guy that has 30" arms. 

If Watson hits - he is 6'-4" - runs a 4.36 and can actually play the X.

Not a fan of drafting a guy at #28 that has to live outside the numbers. You can draft Danny Gray in the 6th to run 9 routes all day.

Edited by cannondale

11 minutes ago, cannondale said:

And I read somewhere that Pickens' interview was terrible. He does have some character things. Also read that Burks had to be told where to line up and what to do every play. 

Pickens didn't have a lot of production either.  He's missed quite a bit of time with injuries.  Read though he loves football and his teammates like him. Packers will want smart receivers without character concerns.  Now that I said that they'll trade for Toney.  ha ha ha...Look at our group over the years.  Cobb, Nelson, Driver, Jones and Adams.  Love all of those guys.  Class acts all of them.  Felt that way about Jennings too until he went to the dark side.  Tell you it's nice to have confidence in your scouting department.  Pierce is a fav of mine.  Maybe it's because he's from Chicago suburbs and he and his family are all Packer fans.  hee hee hee...

Edited by Scoremore

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Pickens didn't have a lot of production either.  He's missed quite a bit of time with injuries.  Packers will want smart receivers without character concerns.  Now that I said that they'll trade for Toney.  ha ha ha...Look at our group over the years.  Cobb, Nelson, Driver, Jones and Adams.  Love all of those guys.  Class acts all of them.  Felt that way about Jennings too until he went to the dark side.  Tell you it's nice to have confidence in your scouting department.  Pierce is a fav of mine.  Maybe it's because he's from Chicago suburbs and he and his family are all Packer fans.  hee hee hee...

Pierce seems to be a Packer type guy. I'm just not sure how many out of this class can come in and actually play the X.

25 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I do.  But I guess that it depends on the board at that time too.  

I am also the guy that would take Ojabo at either of our first round picks.  

Edited by ThatJerkDave

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Pierce seems to be a Packer type guy. I'm just not sure how many out of this class can come in and actually play the X.

Really tough for a rookie WR to come in right away.  Those guys go top 10.  Seems most of the guys need to be developed. Pierce is no exception.  Tough spot we are in.  Don't think the Packers thought they would lose both Adams and MVS.  We weren't prepared.  They'll find an X and he'll be playing sooner rather than later for better or worse.  Aaron will have to earn that 50 mil this year.  He'll be throwing a few more picks and bitching at the young guys a lot.  We will be feeling it early on in the season.  With all the changeover expect the passing game won't hit it's stride until mid season. 

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Really tough for a rookie WR to come in right away.  Those guys go top 10.  Seems most of the guys need to be developed. Pierce is no exception.  Tough spot we are in.  Don't think the Packers thought they would lose both Adams and MVS.  We weren't prepared.  They'll find an X and he'll be playing sooner rather than later for better or worse.  Aaron will have to earn that 50 mil this year.  He'll be throwing a few more picks and bitching at the young guys a lot.  We will be feeling it early on in the season.  With all the changeover expect the passing game won't hit it's stride until mid season. 

And what has gotten lost in the shuffle --- probably a good chance Gute isn't done signing mid level FA WR's no matter what happens in the draft

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

And what has gotten lost in the shuffle --- probably a good chance Gute isn't done signing mid level FA WR's no matter what happens in the draft

But who is left besides maybe Julio?

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

I do.  But I guess that it depends on the board at that time too.  

I am also the guy that would take Ojabo at either of our first round picks.  

Oh man coming off of a torn Achilles?  That can be a potential career ender.  It's worse than an ACL.  Nah pass.  They might take Watson at #28 kinda doubt it but yah never know.