2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Just now, Scoremore said:

Oh man coming off of a torn Achilles?  That can be a potential career ender.  It's worse than an ACL.  Nah pass.  They might take Watson at #28 kinda doubt it but yah never know. 

I really liked what I saw on one of his video breakdowns.  Giving a talent like that a red shirt year, and then teaming him up with Gary would be amazing.  I feel like this is a top guy that will plummet.  

And the Watson comparisons to Javon Walker really has me interested.  Walker was so good, and I would love to have that again.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Check the batteries in your smoke alarms, there's going to be a lot this coming week.

Well at least we won't have endure what we did last season.  That Aaron business ruined the draft for me.  Man that sucked.  Just wonder what high prospect gets trashed the night before the draft this year. 

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I really liked what I saw on one of his video breakdowns.  Giving a talent like that a red shirt year, and then teaming him up with Gary would be amazing.  I feel like this is a top guy that will plummet.  

And the Watson comparisons to Javon Walker really has me interested.  Walker was so good, and I would love to have that again.  

Yah loved Walker.  If he's that I'm all for it.  See how far Ojabo falls.  Tell you though man Achilles some of those guys never come back the same.  It's a pretty heavy risk.   

1 minute ago, Tperk said:

What if we take Williams and Ojabo with first 2 picks? 

Doesn't do a lot for this season.  But I can't help but really like the value there.  I don't recall the Packers taking anyone injured, except Justin Harrell.  If both of those guys hit though we probably got two top 10 guys in the 20s.

3 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Lotsa MEH on that list tbh. Could we maybe reward Desean Jackson for getting us into the playoffs in 2010???

Mid-level at best.

But you have Cobb and Watkins who likely won't make it through the season without a stint on IR, Amari who I have very little confidence in being nothing more than a poor mans gadget guy, Tonyan who likely starts out on the pup, and a glorified fullback in Deguara. 

• Like 1

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Doesn't do a lot for this season.  But I can't help but really like the value there.  I don't recall the Packers taking anyone injured, except Justin Harrell.  If both of those guys hit though we probably got two top 10 guys in the 20s.

I predict that the board would have quite the meltdown if this happens though!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Yah also some guys will get cut.  Not to mention we can always poach off of someone else's practice squad.  A lot of time between now and Sept to get that WR room set.  

Edited by Scoremore
It's getting late I'm old and my prostate is acting up.

Just now, Tperk said:

It would probably depend on what prospects were still sitting there.  I promise twitter would be lighting their pets on fire.  I think this board is pretty level, most of the time.  I'm sure there will be some of us that love the pick, and some of us that hate it in the moment.  I guess we will see.

11 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah loved Walker.  If he's that I'm all for it.  See how far Ojabo falls.  Tell you though man Achilles some of those guys never come back the same.  It's a pretty heavy risk.   

I don't like the Achilles injury either.  Plus, it is easy for me to say it is okay, I have nothing riding on it!  :D 

7 minutes ago, Tperk said:

2 redshirts in Round 1?  Yah the board would have a meltdown and I'd be leading the charge.  Hey if we were in a rebuilding year it might be different.  We need contributions now not next year.  Not gonna happen. 

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

The Packers already have plenty of guys that may start the season on PUP. Why purposely add to that list ? it's also not free to stash them there.

This.

The draft is a crapshoot at the best of times. Using two picks on guys with a serious injury seems a very bad idea. As well as that like you say we have to pay an extra salary at a time when the salary cap can be called a bit of a problem. The value of draft picks comes from the first four years so even if they recover you still lose 25% of the value.

Have to trust Gutey I guess but a meltdown would be pretty rational here