2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Yah just for kicks went on the Giants forum to see about Toney.  Anyway one guy suggested a 4th would get it done (trade for Love).  Other said he wouldn't even waste a pick on him.  Found that rather humorous.  Pack won't trade him unless someone offers up at least a 2 even then they might still pass.  Haven't studied the QB's either but if Love does get traded maybe there is a developmental prospect they like.  Think Benkert would be fine in a back up role but we would still need one more. 

I'd probably be for it if I wasn't a GB fan tbh. It certainly wouldn't excite me to give up a 2. 

Edit: holy Swype error lol

Edited by Norm

33 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't think the odds are real high that Jordan Love will get traded, but say the Packers get a second round pick for him ... Would they take another QB to groom behind Aaron somewhere in those first couple rounds?  Who would be a good fit?  I haven't looked into the QB group at all. 

There is no QB in this draft better than Jordan Love.  Not at #1 overall, not on day 2.  If you trade Love, you're going hunting for the QBotF next year or later.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

19 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'd probably feel the game if I wasn't a GB fan tbh. It certainly wouldn't excite me to give up a 2. 

Pretty sure that is was the other 31 teams thought of Atlanta getting anything at all for Brett Favre. Fans don't really know **** about the process. If there was  GM who scouted Love and really liked him, he'd give up what GB gave up for Favre. 

Talking Jordon Love trades always turns into brain damage because of the polluted mindset many people have about the drafting of him, but there are rumbling that Seattle is interested in a QB at pick #9. There is history there, in 2001 the Packers traded Matt Hasselbeck and the 17th overall pick to Seattle for the 10th overall pick, that trade worked out great for Seattle and not very well for the Packers. Could a similar such trade happen in the coming days? The Packers trading Love and the 28th overall pick for the 9th overall pick would be equal to the draft capital that the Packers used on him, and the Seahawks have their QB and are still in the 1st round with a pick. Gutes and John Schneider have a long history and friendship. 

29 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

What has Love done to prove that as any sort of fact!@?

What have any of the quarterbacks in the draft done to disprove it? None of them had a first round grade at the beginning of the draft process. The only reason they do now is because teams are desperate and they overdraft QBs. 

I'd trade Love, but it would be a for a first next year to any suitor. Carolina, Seattle, Pittsburgh would be the likely candidates. I wouldn't trade him in division to Detroit. IF the price is too high, keep him. 

Edited by Old Guy

Just now, Old Guy said:

What have any of the quarterbacks in the draft done to disprove it? None of them had a first round grade at the beginning of the draft process. The only reason they do now is because teams are desperate and they overdraft QBs. 

Try reading it next time, no one made a claim saying that. 

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think I'm at that point where I'm done discussing prospects and scenarios, and ready for the actual draft.

By this time next week, we will all have a couple draft picks to ***** about. Can't wait!

9 minutes ago, Tperk said:

By this time next week, we will all have a couple draft picks to ***** about. Can't wait!

I have my favorites, but always give way to the Packers decision.  They know what they need and who can help their system.  

I never give an ounce of credibility to those post draft grade articles.  Worst part of the draft IMO.  I'd rather see the players play it out in the Fall.

49 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

What has Love done to prove that as any sort of fact!@?

Because Pickett is Zach Wilson with a slower release.  Willis is a 4 year project.  Ridder is Mariota 2.0.  Howell can't play at all, and Corral is Baker Mayfield without the moxie.

You don't have to love Love, but if you're moving on from him you're counting on Kurt Benkert or a street FA to come in and win games if Rodgers misses time.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Pretty sure that is was the other 31 teams thought of Atlanta getting anything at all for Brett Favre. Fans don't really know **** about the process. If there was  GM who scouted Love and really liked him, he'd give up what GB gave up for Favre. 

Of course. I'm like one of the biggest Love fans here and I'm still saying I wouldn't be ready to throw around a 2, and we shouldn't expect fans of other teams to want to. Doesn't make them totally stupid moron idiots or anything. I think it would be the feeling of most fans, even if fans don't know ****, it's just not something that should surprise us.

Love could easily be better than any dude in this crap class just as the random *** NFL might pull two HOFers out of this same class we all think is terrible.

• Like 1