2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Gotta read tweets carefully. That Zion tweet says nothing about the Packers being interested in Zion. 

I actually read it twice because Zion doesn't seem like a fit to me

My sources say the Packers are a team to watch to draft "Insert WR name here"

Edited by cannondale

24 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Sorry. Four more days lol

Lol, there it is. Every year Pauline drops a first-round likely selection that is complete smoke. He has some good stuff on the Packers early in the process every year, in 2019 after the Senior Bowl he gave us the scoop on the love the Packers had for Elgin Jenkins, and they could take him as high as their 2nd first round pick that year. The really crushing one was in 2017 when Pauline said that if Watt somehow made it to the Packers, he would be the pick, in that moment I knew they would never select Watt. Guessing the late smoke during lying week is a favor for information at other points in the year.    

3 minutes ago, R T said:

Lol, there it is. Every year Pauline drops a first-round likely selection that is complete smoke. He has some good stuff on the Packers early in the process every year, in 2019 after the Senior Bowl he gave us the scoop on the love the Packers had for Elgin Jenkins, and they could take him as high as their 2nd first round pick that year. The really crushing one was in 2017 when Pauline said that if Watt somehow made it to the Packers, he would be the pick, in that moment I knew they would never select Watt. Guessing the late smoke during lying week is a favor for information at other points in the year.    

I really wish you wouldn't **** on this kind of information that is being shared by these people.

;) lol

More seriously, I think I've posted it here but maybe not, but I'm totally resigned to the fact we're going OT in R1, which is fine, but I still can't get "excited" about fat guys, no matter how much I know they are really important. It's like getting socks for Xmas, even though you really ******* needed socks.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

I really wish you wouldn't **** on this kind of information that is being shared by these people.

;) lol

More seriously, I think I've posted it here but maybe not, but I'm totally resigned to the fact we're going OT in R1, which is fine, but I still can't get "excited" about fat guys, no matter how much I know they are really important. It's like getting socks for Xmas, even though you really ******* needed socks.

My bad, won't do it again. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

More seriously, I think I've posted it here but maybe not, but I'm totally resigned to the fact we're going OT in R1

Tyler Smith. He's the clear favorite IMO if we go OL at 28. Can play OT but I think he's a Jenkins-level player at RG too. Come December, an OL of Bak-Runyan-Myers-Smith-Jenkins would be downright nasty.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

;) lol

Agreed. Although I think Palmy legit pumped me up for one fat guy that stole our hearts 

• Like 2

Speaking at a pre-draft presser:
Chiefs GM Brett Veach noted that the team only has first-round grades on 16-18 players.

Interesting comment and interesting that he shared it. Of course you can parse those words in many directions, but several others have said similar things about the paucity of top talent at the top of this draft

38 minutes ago, R T said:

Interesting… although I think they view Zion like they did Jenkins. So I don’t know if this is that crazy of smoke, although I don’t think Gb would select a first round IOL.

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There is no QB in this draft better than Jordan Love.  Not at #1 overall, not on day 2.  If you trade Love, you're going hunting for the QBotF next year or later.

Given that reality, what's the least you'd take in compensation ?
If NYG, HOU or SEA offer picks at the top of the 2nd - are you taking that deal ?

4 hours ago, Green19 said:

Interesting… although I think they view Zion like they did Jenkins. So I don’t know if this is that crazy of smoke, although I don’t think Gb would select a first round IOL.

Zion is certainly a fit with the Packers. Dude is a great athlete (9.74 RAS) and versatile (can probably play all 5 positions on the OL--hasn't played OC but he did better than Cole Strange at the Senior Bowl).

9 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I have my favorites, but always give way to the Packers decision.  They know what they need and who can help their system.  

I never give an ounce of credibility to those post draft grade articles.  Worst part of the draft IMO.  I'd rather see the players play it out in the Fall.

On the other hand, I always do a post draft mock where I try to shoehorn in my favourite players, while sticking to the choices the Packers actually had on draft day. It's not a really serious "OMG, they should have done THIS", more of an alternative draft take, that I like to think I'll re-visit a couple of years down the road.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cannondale said:

Gotta read tweets carefully. That Zion tweet says nothing about the Packers being interested in Zion. 

I actually read it twice because Zion doesn't seem like a fit to me

My sources say the Packers are a team to watch to draft "Insert WR name here"

How can you look at Elgton Jenkins and not think Zion is a fit?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Try reading it next time, no one made a claim saying that. 

You should go back and read what you posted and then my reply. One of us have a reading comprehension problem that is for sure. My counterpoint was directed at your statement, directly. LOL