2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

I think there is talent at 22.  If the Packers want a top WR at 22 they may be out of luck.  A move up for a WR is possible, but they will find a good player at 22 if they are flexible looking at other positions.

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

I think there is talent at 22.  If the Packers want a top WR at 22 they may be out of luck.  A move up for a WR is possible, but they will find a good player at 22 if they are flexible looking at other positions.

That's why we need to draft Pickens at 28 👍

Just now, NFLGURU said:

Hmmm.

You want to consider an old T at #22?

How about a guard?  (Not a premier position)

ILB?  (After investing in Campbell, I can't see us doing this.)

To me it still comes down to EDGE or WR.  With all of our picks, I'd like to trade up a little and grab someone.  We can trade out of #28 and then have a ton of picks to move around the draft.

For me, this draft is about maneuvering.

I've read a few articles talking about how incredibly inconsistent the player rankings are this year. That glut of talent between the 20th and 75th best players is all pretty close. Every site I go to has totally different viewpoint on each player (Alec Pierce, for example, I've seen ranked as high as 27 and as low as around 115). I think we're going to see a lot of unexpected players go in the end of Rd 1, and players we never dreamed would be available being passed on at 92.

First couple days of the draft are going to be a joy to watch. 

Fwiw, in mocks I'm trading back a bit from #22, staying put at #28 (for Pickens), trading up from #53, staying put at #59. Try to get at least 2 or 3 of your targets, ending up with, say, Daxton Hill, George Pickens, and either Tyler Smith or Travis Jones.

11 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'm good with Pickens at 28,  if they take another position a 22.   Can't see 2 WRs in the first round for GB.

I doubt we'll take a WR at 22. Supposedly.....the top/top guys will all be gone before then (Jameson being a wild card.....) - so the fall back is late 1st or more likely 2nd round.

Which is fine........take another impact player/position at 22 - snag Pickens at 28.

Works. For. Me.

I like the player and dont impose "draft values" on myself. The WR names I like are Pickens, Burks, the Cincy kid, Watson & the Baylor MVS look-alike.

I just dont think Pickens would last till we show up in the 2nd - so my take is dont **** around and lose the talent.

Will they do that? More than likely......not.

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

I doubt we'll take a WR at 22. Supposedly.....the top/top guys will all be gone before then (Jameson being a wild card.....) - so the fall back is late 1st or more likely 2nd round.

Which is fine........take another impact player/position at 22 - snag Pickens at 28.

Works. For. Me.

I like the player and dont impose "draft values" on myself. The WR names I like are Pickens, Burks, the Cincy kid, Watson & the Baylor MVS look-alike.

I just dont think Pickens would last till we show up in the 2nd - so my take is dont **** around and lose the talent.

Will they do that? More than likely......not.

I would absolutely love for them to go, like, Edge/Safety with 22/28 and then trade up in the 2nd for Pickens. A much easier pill for me to swallow than trading up in the first. Karlaftis/Hill/Pickens is my dream. Idc what happens for the rest of the draft 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

I would absolutely love for them to go, like, Edge/Safety with 22/28 and then trade up in the 2nd for Pickens. A much easier pill for me to swallow than trading up in the first. Karlaftis/Hill/Pickens is my dream. Idc what happens for the rest of the draft 

I fully accept this is a personal POV....but dont lose Pickens.

22 - Karlaftis (or somebody else)
28 - Pickens

• Like 1

Just filtering through some hybrid safety/linebacker prospects.

I decided on the spur of the moment to apply the same parameters to cornerbacks just to see who would crop up.

There was one prospect from Germany who is uber athletic and well built, he benched 21 times which is an unusually high number for a CB. His name is Marcel Dabo, he's 21 and was named defensive rookie of the year in the European league of football and was introduced to the NFL through the International NFL pathways program. His interesting upside suggests he might be drafted in the 6th/7th round. I also discovered one interesting fact about him:

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I fully accept this is a personal POV....but dont lose Pickens.

22 - Karlaftis (or somebody else)
28 - Pickens

GB's 2 seconds could theoretically get you to the bottom of the 1st round. 53 & 92 would get you to #40, in theory. I would easily spend 2 seconds to get up to Pickens, but your point is well taken. We are in total agreement 

Just now, Isherwood said:

GB's 2 seconds could theoretically get you to the bottom of the 1st round. 53 & 92 would get you to #40, in theory. I would easily spend 2 seconds to get up to Pickens, but your point is well taken. We are in total agreement 

Understood....and I'm imposing my perspective on things.....I dont want to jeopardize losing the talent - so get him at 28.

Now - that violates all the draft/player value draftniks thinking where if you fail to snag the player just where his value hits.........it's a crime of some sort. Couldnt care less. I like and want the player.

Again - will GB do that? Strong odds....no.
So...like all things draft related....we'll just have to see how it plays out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Understood....and I'm imposing my perspective on things.....I dont want to jeopardize losing the talent - so get him at 28.

Now - that violates all the draft/player value draftniks thinking where if you fail to snag the player just where his value hits.........it's a crime of some sort. Couldnt care less. I like and want the player.

Again - will GB do that? Strong odds....no.
So...like all things draft related....we'll just have to see how it plays out.

"I want the player" - Ted Thompson. 

I can dig it