2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Don’t know if anyone likes Conor Rodgers and his draft coverage. But he dropped his board yesterday. It’s here if interested 

Interesting that he has Tyler Linderbaum as one of the top 5 players in the draft and has Travon Walker as his 20th player. Overall, some good positional vertical boards though. 

8 minutes ago, R T said:

Did you really expect to see Von Miller in his game? Where's bend in Z. Smith or Raushan Gary's game? His game is power, I don't know if he will amount to anything in the NFL but nobody should be thinking 4.4 speed guy of the edge when you're watching Karlaftis.   

I had no idea what he was like as a player or what he physically looked like. There was alot of hype on this board so I decided to see what the fuss was about.

One thing that immediately stood out was that he is a high motor player. Great....kept watching....

Sees he often hits the OT before disengaging to make a run at the QB. That seems to be his only move through the course of his highlights. I wasn't seeing much speed around the tackle or mixing up his pass rush moves. I suppose he's not a speed guy and that ok as long he plays with power and explosion but wasn't seeing much of that either.  He hits the guy and disengage, he's not fully bull rushing the OT to the QB, he doesn't have that kind of power.

Saw that he seemed much better as an interior rusher, started thinking perhaps he's better as a 3-4 DE like JJ Watt. Had a quick look at his height weight profile...dang! he's way too light to be full time DE....for now.

3-4 OLB need to have a good comfort level of being able to move around and I didn't see that kind of agility and flexibility. You can tell he can't run "normally"...just watch his hands, it's weird, have you tried running like that?

I think he's a 4-3 EDGE guy only and there's a realistic chance that he will be a run stopper type EDGE at NFL level with minimal pass rush potential, not what you want to see in a first round pick.

50 minutes ago, Chili said:

Just watched George Karlaftis. Excellent motor but.... where's the bend? i'm not seeing it at all. His speed and explosion seems average too. Looks good as an interior rusher and sets the edge well against the run. I'm not seeing the hype.

Hence why he's a second half of the first edge

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Lol. Wheres the bend on a 275 lb player?!?!?! Wtf are we even talking about.

We're talking about edge rushers, the guys who need some diversity to consistently beat high quality NFL OT's.

Travon Walker is 272 pounds. He can bend. Karlaftis is far from a prototypical edge prospect. Built more like an ILB. He won't be effectively bullrushing guys at the next level. What's he going to win with, his 38 inch vertical? Did he outright win a single snap vs. Ohio St.? 

Karlaftis doesn't project as a high quality NFL edge rusher. GB doesn't have such urgent need at the position that they need to be reaching. He'd be an extremely disappointing selection anywhere in the 1st round. 

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Yes, there is.  My housecats break more tackles than Olave. 

When I see Olave run routes and catch the ball, he reminds me of Marvin Harrison.  Smaller.  Effortlessly fast.  Great breaks.  Olave is the safest bet in this draft class.  If he is in GB, I'd wager he is a 750 yard receiver in year one and then he is over 1,000 for as long as Rodgers is here.  He's got the speed and quickness, we have the offense that needs his precise routes.

Whenever I hear the negatives about Olave overall and for our offense all I can hear is Moneyball Jonah Hill telling me "he gets on base." 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

More than bend, what worries me about Karlaftis is how ordinary he looked against the run. I was expecting more, but I saw him get blocked a lot by TEs in the run game.

Someone will get mad at me for this but run defense is so 1992

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, R T said:

Interesting that he has Tyler Linderbaum as one of the top 5 players in the draft and has Travon Walker as his 20th player. Overall, some good positional vertical boards though. 

Seems as simple (possibly) as just taking positional value out of it. Hell, I'd easily bet TL is a pro bowler more times than Walker and I don't think that's controversial. That doesn't mean I'm taking the damn center first though.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 9:53 AM, CWood21 said:

Basically that he wasn't smart enough to run different route trees.

It sucks where I have to agree with that dude, idk if intelligence has **** to do with it but yeah idk I just don't like Burks

13 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

We're talking about edge rushers, the guys who need some diversity to consistently beat high quality NFL OT's.

Travon Walker is 272 pounds. He can bend. Karlaftis is far from a prototypical edge prospect. Built more like an ILB. He won't be effectively bullrushing guys at the next level. What's he going to win with, his 38 inch vertical? Did he outright win a single snap vs. Ohio St.? 

Karlaftis doesn't project as a high quality NFL edge rusher. GB doesn't have such urgent need at the position that they need to be reaching. He'd be an extremely disappointing selection anywhere in the 1st round. 

I bet you swear you've never been wrong about anything in your life. 

12 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Lol and walkers being discussed as the 1st pick.

Come back to chat when you learn what youre talking about because this aint it.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Lol and walkers being discussed as the 1st pick.

Come back to chat when you learn what youre talking about because this aint it.

Exactly. We're not getting the option of Walker. And if he's a bad pick in r1, then where does he go?

What guys after him have the bend but aren't 240 that'll go after, etc. You are getting "flawed" prospects after the top 10-20 picks at the premium spots. This isn't a damn revelation. I'm not even that high on the damn Purdue dude and am frankly tired of seeing everyone want to take him, but I get it too. It's not a bad pick we'd have to be pissed at.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 8:46 PM, PossibleCabbage said:

Because Pickett is Zach Wilson with a slower release.  Willis is a 4 year project.  Ridder is Mariota 2.0.  Howell can't play at all, and Corral is Baker Mayfield without the moxie.

Did Baker get in a fistfight with Greztky's son? 

I mean, he probably WOULD but he didn't. Advantage Corral

Edited by Mr Bad Example