2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Since everyone has been clamoring for my list, I'm about to reveal my draft crushes based on nothing except what I've read here in this forum (not even youtube videos):

1st:

• Any WR or DB or EDGE who drops unexpectedly (e.g. Jameson Williams, McDuffie, Jermaine Johnson)
  • Tyler Smith
  • George Pickens
  • Lewis Cine
  • Jalen Pitre
  • Daxton Hill

2nd:

• Jaquan Brisker
  • Drake Jackson
  • Trey McBride
  • Zach Tom
  • Perrion Winfrey
  • Alec Pierce
  • John Metchie

3rd or later (non-exhaustive):

• Romeo Doubs
  • Jelani Woods
  • Jeremy Ruckert
  • Anyone who can return a kick/punt

I have done absolutely no "research" on any of these.  So feel free to tell me why I'm wrong.

Edited by Smidgeon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

After consulting with area scouts (Boy, Girl and Eagle) and watching hundreds of youtube videos that would make prospects like Josh Rosen look like Tom Brady, been called a drafthole the past month, I'm ready to make the call.  Barring a trade.

With the 22nd pick in the 2022 draft, the Green Bay Packers select Daxton Hill. S, Michigan.  

Not a sexy pick, but the best player on the board.  Gute looks ahead to the financial aspect in his secondary with Alex, Savage and Amos in the coming years and goes with Hill.

Fire away!!

Yah I'm thinking the same.  Just have them taking Cine because of his speed and likes to hit.  Play down in the box. Add a little nasty.  They could go Hill too.  Be fine with either one.  Thinking Cine because he could also be used in that hybrid role.  Get him on the field right away.  A DB sure seems like a Packer pick doesn't it? 

5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah I'm thinking the same.  Just have them taking Cine because of his speed and likes to hit.  Play down in the box. Add a little nasty.  They could go Hill too.  Be fine with either one.  Thinking Cine because he could also be used in that hybrid role.  Get him on the field right away.  A DB sure seems like a Packer pick doesn't it? 

Yah, many ways they could go but Hill provides that get excited but not too excited feel we can expect.  😄

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Yah, many ways they could go but Hill provides that get excited but not too excited feel we can expect.  😄

I don't know would be thrilled with either one of those guys.  Uber talented DB's both of them.  Wouldn't it be a shock if somehow Hamilton starts sliding and Gute pulls the trigger on a trade up to get him  Imagine having Hamilton back there. Really unlikely but can you imagine having him back there?  Best secondary in the league. 

39 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Still think Pierce has to end up a Packer. It's just too perfect of a fit. Only thing holding me back is that I think Pierce is going to go earlier than expected and I don't think he's in play for 28 but might not be there at 53.

Well....MLF is kind of linked to the Cincy program, right?  I mean, we did overdraft Deguara.  No problem with overdrafting Pierce.

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Higher GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Can't believe no one else is sticking up for Jordy.

I really like Pierce, and hope we can get him, but Jordy was a YAC monster.  Pierce can do the back shoulder stuff and contested catches very well,  but he isn't the complete WR Jordy was.

Just now, NFLGURU said:

I really like Pierce, and hope we can get him, but Jordy was a YAC monster.  Pierce can do the back shoulder stuff and contested catches very well,  but he isn't the complete WR Jordy was.

So like old Jordy when he fell over after every catch like he was Peyton Manning playing WR

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Agreed. The revisionist history that's taken place on Jordyzzz's greatness has been a tradegy. 

No.  What transpired above is a travesty.  And a shame.  And a mockery.  It is a  travishamockery I tell you!

Had to get that in.  Cold meds are doing a number on me right now.

Dez Bryant, one thought of as truly elite, 119 games, 537 receptions, 7506 yards, 75 TDs.  (And yes, one huge drop, suck it cowboys.)

Jordy Nelson, 151 games, 613 receptions, 8587 yards, 72 TD's.  (Nice that his breakout game was a Super Bowl victory)

To say that Jordy wasn't elite is doing a disservice to him.  (And I know the post above was not meant to do a disservice to Jordy)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Obviously rumor season, but I heard Seattle likes Ridder a lot and has made calls in the late 1st to come back in and get him, have to imagine with the Wolf/Thompson connection in Seattle's FO that we've discussed moving from 28. Take BPA at 22, then move 28 + 59 for 40 +41 would be a dream scenario for me. 

As much as I hate to be a wet blanket, that situation is probably a little too pipe dreamy for me.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Why does everyone hate Burks? Guess I'll pilot the hype train solo. 

I don't get it.  I also think that stuff about him being a poor learner just might be bunk.  I haven't heard anyone with any credibility say such things.  I think Arkansas was smart enough to know that Burks was their best talent and did everything they could to get the ball in his hands. His production against the best teams in college ball should speak volumes.

Edited by {Family Ghost}