2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Just now, Norm said:

This is off topic but why aren't we putting out rumors that Love has been working out and looks amazing but running it by AR first if we really wanted to trade him.

I don't think AR gives a **** about Love being around anymore though tbh

I don't think it's ever been about Love.

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

This is off topic but why aren't we putting out rumors that Love has been working out and looks amazing but running it by AR first if we really wanted to trade him.

I don't think AR gives a **** about Love being around anymore though tbh

I don't think he does either with this contract in place. No reason to worry. Rodgers now has absolute control how long he's going to be here...at least for the next 3 years, which is probably all he's playing anyways. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I don't think he does either with this contract in place. No reason to worry. Rodgers now has absolute control how long he's going to be here...at least for the next 3 years, which is probably all he's playing anyways. 

Yeah that's why it's all good.

Idk how bad he really is but he might want an absolutely nobody behind him in case he got really hurt to make the team look like it was all him. But he knows Benkert would win it all so he might want Love as a buffer lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

No, no. Wrong mssg to put out. Wrong vibe.
He needs to be afraid. Very afraid.
That's the only way he'll maintain his MVP level of play.
:)

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

QB round 1 again would kill me. I think I'd literally, not kidding, literally die laughing

Maybe Love will make some strides now that the pressure for him to step in and replace Rodgers has pretty much vanished.  How mad would CHI/MIN fans be to see Love grow into a legit QB1 over these next few seasons and step in as a seamless replacement for Rodgers in 2025?

Gute is doing what Gute does.  Try to plug as many holes in FA before the draft.  He'll have more flexibility to go BPA now with Campbell, Douglas, Tonyan, and now Reed under contract.  See if he can engineer a trade for vet WR guess he's been making calls.  

WR, OT, ILB, S, and TE...

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Gute is doing what Gute does.  Try to plug as many holes in FA before the draft.  He'll have more flexibility to go BPA now with Campbell, Douglas, Tonyan, and now Reed under contract.  See if he can engineer a trade for vet WR guess he's been making calls.  

I'd be pretty pissed if we didn't add at least one veteran body there before the season. I just can't see us letting that go, but possibly not before the draft, who knows

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Given the rising dead cap money for the next 3 seasons, to say he will be there for at least the next three seasons is a stretch. The way things are structured, this could easily end up being a one or two year contract.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Maybe Love will make some strides now that the pressure for him to step in and replace Rodgers has pretty much vanished.  How mad would CHI/MIN fans be to see Love grow into a legit QB1 over these next few seasons and step in as a seamless replacement for Rodgers in 2025?

Got a couple of buddies that are Bears fans.  They were not happy we drafted him.  "Great another QB that will torture us for the next decade"  Love better make some strides this year.  Clements needs to go to work on him. 

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Without Vante, the media is going to be fawning over him all year and wanting to give him another one.

19 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

If those are your position groups in most need of filling I'd say Edge should be in there................and if the value is there anywhere in the first two rounds, DT as well. Swap out ILB and S and take them in rounds three or later

One of the top three TEs would be nice (Likely, McBride, Wydermyer), but one of Ferguson, Woods or Okonkwo should be there in round four.

Edit: Just seen the Packers have added DT Jarran Reed. That will help the rotation and ease up on the need to draft a DT (but I'd still like a quality young guy to pair with Clark.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive