2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lotta people are going to be pissed when we take a EDGE/DB and OL in the 1st lol.

I really want an EDGE in the 1st but I'm struggling the find the guy at this point. As you just pointed out, Johnson and Mafe are probably too old. We aren't getting Hutch, Thib or Walker unless you move up into the top 10 picks, maybe top 7. 

Other than Karlaftis, who is even a potential 1st round EDGE candidate? Unfortunately, I think the numbers alone might cancel out EDGE in the first unless Walker slips past 10 and we make a huge move to go up and get him. 

OL is definitely a possibility. DB....eh, again, who would that guy be at the end of the first? 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I really want an EDGE in the 1st but I'm struggling the find the guy at this point. As you just pointed out, Johnson and Mafe are probably too old. We aren't getting Hutch, Thib or Walker unless you move up into the top 10 picks, maybe top 7. 

Other than Karlaftis, who is even a potential 1st round EDGE candidate? Unfortunately, I think the numbers alone might cancel out EDGE in the first unless Walker slips past 10 and we make a huge move to go up and get him. 

OL is definitely a possibility. DB....eh, again, who would that guy be at the end of the first? 

Sam Williams on day 2 if he doesn't get a massive bump by the run on EDGE prospects early.

Daxton Hill at DB. Can do it all.

Edited by beekay414

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I could see something like...

22/28. Daxton Hill | CB/S | Michigan
22/28. Tyler Smith | OT | Tulsa
53. Sam Williams | EDGE | Ole Miss
59. Alec Pierce | WR | Cincinnati
92. Jeremy Ruckert | TE | Ohio State or Charlie Kolar | TE | Iowa State

Don't want that getting paged.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Sam Williams on day 2 if he doesn't get a massive bump by the run on EDGE prospects early.

What do you think about Isaiah Thomas from Okla? Great size and showed good agility at the combine. Doesn't seem to have much stream before Day 3 though? He fits the profile as a Z-type replacement, inside/out guy. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

What do you think about Isaiah Thomas from Okla? Great size and showed good agility at the combine. Doesn't seem to have much stream before Day 3 though? He fits the profile as a Z-type replacement, inside/out guy. 

When it comes to those day 3 DL, you just shoot your shot and hope they figure it out. I'm all for taking a toolsy type if he's there. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

The Hill trade could open up two guys. If he goes to Miami, it would be Parker. If he goes to NYJ, could look at Davis.

Either works. Both would be legit here. Would probably have to restructure Davis a bit though. Think his cap hit exceeds $10m.

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The Hill trade could open up two guys. If he goes to Miami, it would be Parker. If he goes to NYJ, could look at Davis.

If they're matches here........KC might be in the market for them as well.
Or....they could just be happy taking MVS. Who knows...

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That's half the issue, I don't see Karlaftis dropping out of the top 15 now that Ojabo is out of the first round picture. There's a slim chance at a BPA edge at either FRP.

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm becoming more and more convinced Hill is our guy at 22.  Spoiler alert, he's going to be my selection there in my next mock draft.  He can play the slot in dime packages, he can be our third safety, he takes over for either Savage or Amos next year when one of them inevitably walks.

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I posted this name a few days ago and got zero feedback, but the Packers have had at least 2 private meeting with Alex Wright from UAB and it wouldn't be surprising if he was their guy late second or third round. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R T said:

I posted this name a few days ago and got zero feedback, but the Packers have had at least 2 private meeting with Alex Wright from UAB and it wouldn't be surprising if he was their guy late second or third round. 

alex-wright-dancing.gif

8 minutes ago, R T said:

I think he's day 3. 4th round fits but, with how we treat our 3rd round picks, wouldn't shock me either.