Nick_gb

42 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I could see something like...

22/28. Daxton Hill | CB/S | Michigan
22/28. Tyler Smith | OT | Tulsa
53. Sam Williams | EDGE | Ole Miss
59. Alec Pierce | WR | Cincinnati
92. Jeremy Ruckert | TE | Ohio State or Charlie Kolar | TE | Iowa State

EDIT - Thought more about it. Ross probably doesn't fit due to health concerns and not being a great athlete. Maybe Romeo Doubs there, if he runs well.

I'd be underwhelmed with that draft class.  Wouldn't hate it, but just would be left wishing there was more.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd be underwhelmed with that draft class.  Wouldn't hate it, but just would be left wishing there was more.

Why? I think that's an absolutely ideal class, assuming someone doesn't drop in the 1st.

2 athletic pass catchers, an athletic pass rusher, a high upside OL prospect and a perfect DB for our system who provides CYA insurance for Savage and will still see the field quite a bit as a rookie. Only thing missing is DL and that could be addressed in the 4th.

I'd love that class. Only way I'd like it more is if we took Pickens at 28 and took OL at 59.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Why? I think that's an absolutely ideal class, assuming someone doesn't drop in the 1st.

2 athletic pass catchers, an athletic pass rusher, a high upside OL prospect and a perfect DB for our system who provides CYA insurance for Savage and will still see the field quite a bit as a rookie.

I'd love that class. Only way I'd like it more is if we took Pickens at 28 and took OL at 59.

There ya go! Think it into reality!  :)

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm thinking like the Packers though and considering Picken's medicals. If the knee is good, there's no reason for him to be on the board at 22, let alone 28.

I know what you're doing....just dont be so rational!  Ha!

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Big dude.

TDN's write up....

Jelani Woods was an accomplished high school quarterback that originally went to Oklahoma State to be their quarterback but transferred to tight end late in the 2017 season. After 28 starts at Oklahoma State where his role in the passing game was modest, Woods was a graduate transfer to Virginia and emerged as a First-Team All-ACC selection in 2021. Given his height, weight, and wingspan, Woods has the makings of a mismatch down the seam. He has a strong above-the-rim game and he swallows up the football when targeted. He’s a competitive blocker in the run game that does well to establish his frame. That said, Woods’ newness to the position shows up as he’s an underdeveloped route-runner and he’s still developing consistency with his hands. He isn’t a dynamic athlete and his feet are heavy when he runs, but he has good speed once he can fully open his stride. With continued progress as a blocker and overall time on task as a receiver, Woods could settle into a TE2 role at the next level and serve as an asset in 12-personnel groupings. His potential is well worth a mid-to-late day-three selection. 

Ideal Role: Developmental tight end 

Scheme Fit: Any

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

2 athletic pass catchers, an athletic pass rusher, a high upside OL prospect and a perfect DB for our system who provides CYA insurance for Savage and will still see the field quite a bit as a rookie. Only thing missing is DL and that could be addressed in the 4th.

LIS, I wouldn't hate the class but it seems like a LOT of luxuries.  Daxton Hill is a top 20 prospect in this year's class almost certainly, so he's probably good value at 22.  But at the end of the day, where are the snaps going to come from?  Our top 5 DBs are Jaire, Stokes, Rasul, Amos, and Savage.  I think he plays ~25% of the defensive snaps as a rookie.  I think this pretty much writes Savage's way out of town if you're picking Hill.  Tyler Smith is a guy I like, but a round later.  Probably need to move up to get him, but should be reasonable price tag to do so.  Honestly, haven't watched much of Sam Williams.  Really underwhelmed with Alec Pierce.  Maybe there's more untapped potential, but it seems like a rich man's MVS.  Not a bad, but I'd hope for someone a bit more consistent between the chains.  TEs are fine.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

LIS, I wouldn't hate the class but it seems like a LOT of luxuries.  Daxton Hill is a top 20 prospect in this year's class almost certainly, so he's probably good value at 22.  But at the end of the day, where are the snaps going to come from?  Our top 5 DBs are Jaire, Stokes, Rasul, Amos, and Savage.  I think he plays ~25% of the defensive snaps as a rookie.  I think this pretty much writes Savage's way out of town if you're picking Hill.  Tyler Smith is a guy I like, but a round later.  Probably need to move up to get him, but should be reasonable price tag to do so.  Honestly, haven't watched much of Sam Williams.  Really underwhelmed with Alec Pierce.  Maybe there's more untapped potential, but it seems like a rich man's MVS.  Not a bad, but I'd hope for someone a bit more consistent between the chains.  TEs are fine.

Pierce is legit. RAS score off the charts and he fits how we operate. He can play outside and the slot, he's a decent-to-good blocker already and he's a legitimate RZ threat. The rest you can iron out. The tools are there for a really good NFL wideout.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Pierce is legit. RAS score off the charts and he fits how we operate. He can play outside and the slot, he's a decent-to-good blocker already and he's a legitimate RZ threat. The rest you can iron out. The tools are there for a really good NFL wideout.

TDN's write up...

A multi-sport athlete from Illinois that competed in football, volleyball, basketball, and track, Alec Pierce made his presence felt as a true freshman on special teams before commanding a big role in the offense starting in 2019. A three-year starter, Pierce’s blend of size, speed, hands, ball skills, body control, and competitive toughness made him a dynamic playmaker for the Bearcats offense. His size, speed, and ball skills are a lethal combination down the field. His ability to track, adjust, and secure the football in traffic down the field is outstanding. Pierce is a deceptive route-runner that accelerates quickly and uses his ability to generate vertical push to open up his route tree and snap off breaks on the horizontal plane in addition to winning down the field. Pierce is a receiver that “catches everything” and is an alpha in everything he does on the field. He brings the fight as a blocker and demonstrates toughness when competing against press coverage, dealing with contact as a route-runner, and winning at the catch point. While he hasn’t been overly productive after the catch in college, Pierce is decisive and physical with the ball in his hands and he accelerates quickly. When it comes to areas of growth, Pierce can still find more variety with his release package and do a better job of not offering as much surface area when competing against press coverage. He would also benefit from continuing to add functional strength to maximize his style of play at the next level. Pierce has the makings of a productive No. 2/3 receiver in the NFL and it shouldn’t take him long to produce for his offense. 

Ideal Role: X receiver/big slot 

Scheme Fit: Any