Rookie FA Jaret Patterson

3 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I see Devonta Freeman watching tape

Guess I'm not seeing sproles cause Bufallo didn't really use him a lot in the passing game.

Think preseason games are going to be very important to if he makes the roster or not,has to make it to where the coaches can't cut him for fear of losing him and keep 4 HBs

Agree, I have no idea how his hands are. It’s kind of like when we had Bryce Love, you hope he can catch and develop into a 3rd down back and return man, but no way of knowing. 

Lions legend Barry Sanders congratulates Jaret Patterson on signing with Washington

https://sports.yahoo.com/lions-legend-barry-sanders-congratulates-222415289.html

This isn't the first time that Sanders has praised Patterson, either. In November, after the former University of Buffalo star ran for 409 yards and eight touchdowns (!!) in one game, the Lions legend gave Patterson a shout-out then, too.

"Don't sleep on @__JP26 - he looks really good," Sanders wrote.

Sanders has become a fan of Patterson's not only because of his excellent play on the field, but also because of his size. Standing at 5-foot-9 and 195 lbs., Patterson has a similar frame to what Sanders was during his prime (5-foot-8, 203 lbs). 

The shoutout from Sanders comes in what's been a hectic few days for Patterson. After not hearing his name called during the 2021 NFL Draft, the running back tweeted quickly after Day 3 of the draft ended on Saturday that he would be signing with Washington, his hometown team.

One day later, Patterson revealed that Washington star Chase Young helped convince Washington head coach Ron Rivera to sign him. Young and Patterson have known each other since middle school and spent one season as high school teammates at St. Vincent Pallotti.”

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Really intriguing that no one spent a seventh on him.  

Yeah, I'm watching the tape on him and these are my random thoughts

1. How Big IS He??
  2. He's fairly fast. Not sure if it's an illusion because of the shorter legs or he really is that fast
  3. He's kinda slippery. That smaller size is helping
  4. Kinda smaller like Barry was.
  5. Wow for a small guy, he has some push to him when contact happens

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, I'm watching the tape on him and these are my random thoughts

1. How Big IS He??
  2. He's fairly fast. Not sure if it's an illusion because of the shorter legs or he really is that fast
  3. He's kinda slippery. That smaller size is helping
  4. Kinda smaller like Barry was.
  5. Wow for a small guy, he has some push to him when contact happens

That’s why I say he’s similar to Darren Sproles to me but I have no clue if he can catch of course Sproles was probably faster.

I think he’s 5’6, 190 which is about the same as Sproles. CT is 5’8, 195 but again he’s fast. So, maybe they’re not the best comps. Someone said DeVonta Freeman, I’m not sure he’s that good, that’s a high bar. NFLN’s comp for him was Jaquizz Rogers.

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I suspect he’ll start the year on the PS. I would love to see him take Barbers spot but I think Rivera loves Barber. 

If he can be a good special teams player, he’ll have a chance to make it over Barber. STs are the key!!