Xbox One X

showtime

Thought I would make a new thread to discuss Microsoft's newest console - The Xbox One X.  Release date is scheduled for November 7th, so it's just around the corner.  Is anyone here planning on getting the console?  If so, have you pre-ordered or are you going to stand in line Monday evening/night to try and snag one?

No way I'd even remotely consider getting this rip off of a console, it plays the exact same games and has the exact same features as the Xbox one s but is double the price simply to be able to play in 4k... Not even remotely worth it and even Xbox themselves has said they know the Xbox one s will continue to be the main console as far as sales goes.

23 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

No way I'd even remotely consider getting this rip off of a console, it plays the exact same games and has the exact same features as the Xbox one s but is double the price simply to be able to play in 4k... Not even remotely worth it and even Xbox themselves has said they know the Xbox one s will continue to be the main console as far as sales goes.

It will be the main seller because it appeals to the casual gamer. The X will have better performance and there will be a noticeable difference.

i want one bad but can’t justify the price point right now.. with the hardware that’s in that thing, may take a while for the price to drop as well. I need that constant 60 FPS though. Also, Xbox started releasing OG Xbox games backwards compatible today.. the highlights - Crimson Skies and KOTOR

No, but this gives me a much better reason to get an Xbox One S. Black Friday deals could get lower than $200 for bundle deals. I don't have much reason to play Xbox, just a couple, but between the few friends I have, backwards compatibility (Lost Odyssey ftw), and getting a 4k HDR blu ray player, the S is a bargain of a deal, too much so to pass up. 

I really, really wish Microsoft would come out with some killer exclusives. I'll probably get into Halo Wars 2 and Ori and the Blind forest, and maybe Sea of Theives, but beyond that the games are meh to me. 

I will likely buy an XOX in about 3 or 4 years when there are enough games out optimized for it and the price has dropped enough (and I actually own a 4k TV), But I will buy a switch first. Thinking about this makes me wonder if it would ever be worth it to buy a PSpro for such a small gap.

6 hours ago, NickButera said:

No, but this gives me a much better reason to get an Xbox One S. Black Friday deals could get lower than $200 for bundle deals. I don't have much reason to play Xbox, just a couple, but between the few friends I have, backwards compatibility (Lost Odyssey ftw), and getting a 4k HDR blu ray player, the S is a bargain of a deal, too much so to pass up. 

I really, really wish Microsoft would come out with some killer exclusives. I'll probably get into Halo Wars 2 and Ori and the Blind forest, and maybe Sea of Theives, but beyond that the games are meh to me. 

Keep an eye open.  There was a bundle over a week ago at Walmart that an Xbox One S bundled with Battlefield 1 for $199.  I'm assuming that because the Xbox One X is releasing in November and Black Friday is happening later in the month that the Xbox One S is priced at a decent amount below $200.

Archived