Xbox One X

showtime

4 hours ago, showtime said:

When you trade your current Xbox One in, how much will you have to pay for the X?

My guess is about $17 less than what you'd have to pay if you didn't trade in your Xbox one. Usually trade-ins are crap for value. Especially if the xbone S bundles are going to be going on sale for $179

The standard XOS is going for $115.00 already without actually going towards the XOX. A preowned version is selling for $269.99. That's a difference of 154.99. https://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-s-white-1tb-system/138875

The cheapest ones are going for a $70.00 trade in, and are selling for $229.99. That's a difference of $159.99. https://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-500gb-console-white-without-kinect/119198

If they aren't already offering people a discount if they trade it in towards a new XOX, I doubt they will at all.

11 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

My guess is about $17 less than what you'd have to pay if you didn't trade in your Xbox one. Usually trade-ins are crap for value. Especially if the xbone S bundles are going to be going on sale for $179

Usually there are tons of deals when trading in a current console for a brand new launch console.  I remember Best Buy, Gamestop and others had some great trade-in deals for the Xbox 360 when the Xbox One launched.

3 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

The standard XOS is going for $115.00 already without actually going towards the XOX. A preowned version is selling for $269.99. That's a difference of 154.99. https://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-s-white-1tb-system/138875

The cheapest ones are going for a $70.00 trade in, and are selling for $229.99. That's a difference of $159.99. https://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-500gb-console-white-without-kinect/119198

If they aren't already offering people a discount if they trade it in towards a new XOX, I doubt they will at all.

They are offering people a discount.  You can get anywhere between an extra $100-$200 if you trade in your current console for an Xbox One X.  If you trade a Nintendo Switch or PS4 Pro, you get an addition $200 on top of the regular trade in value of those consoles.  PS4 and Xbox One S are netting an addition $150.  The original Xbox One will get you an extra $100.

XboxOneX_TradeOffer.pdf

I'm going to use your numbers that a Xbox One S trades in for $115.  With the additional $150 trade-in credit, you're looking at getting $265 off your Xbox One X purchase, which is decent.  If you wanted to trade in your PS4 pro, you would get $180 for that plus the $200... For a grand total of a whopping $380 off the price of an Xbox One X.  That's really good.

12 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

^That's pretty solid. There's like 2 games that keep me tied to the PS4 which will keep me from doing something like that, as much as my interest in the console has soured.

Definitely.  Gamestop is notorious for ripping the consumer off when it comes to trade-in values; however, when a new console is released the trade-in values towards that new console tend to be really solid.  As far as the PS4 goes, killer exclusive franchises are a large reason why the console is so popular.  I completely understand that, but since consoles are something we generally keep for years, I would rather have a console that has much better 'software' per se and has a proven track record of providing the very best online experience for consoles.

2 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

^None of those things matter if you own a PC though, especially with MS releasing all the exclusives on PC.

I own a PC.  I mostly play third party games and those titles are featured on PS4 and Xbox as well as PC, outside of Hearthstone which I mostly play on my iPad.  Even with a PC, there are still certain titles or genre of games that are much more fun on console (not including console exclusive games).

8 hours ago, showtime said:

Definitely.  Gamestop is notorious for ripping the consumer off when it comes to trade-in values; however, when a new console is released the trade-in values towards that new console tend to be really solid.  As far as the PS4 goes, killer exclusive franchises are a large reason why the console is so popular.  I completely understand that, but since consoles are something we generally keep for years, I would rather have a console that has much better 'software' per se and has a proven track record of providing the very best online experience for consoles.

I think some people are just expecting too much. You can buy a game and play it for like 2 months then trade it in for half what you paid for if it's a good game. You can't do that with any other retailer in the country afaik so it's literally the best deal on the market.

It’s also as remarkably quiet as the One S, even when it’s working hard, and never got warm enough that overheating in a confined space would be a concern. In fact, the Xbox One X runs only a few degrees warmer than the One S during 4K-enhanced gameplay: both the One S and One X averaged within 106 and 112 degrees fahrenheit, while the PS4 Pro stabilized around 124 degrees during our testing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/03/xbox-one-x-review

@Crickett

On 10/30/2017 at 11:48 AM, showtime said:

They are offering people a discount.  You can get anywhere between an extra $100-$200 if you trade in your current console for an Xbox One X.  If you trade a Nintendo Switch or PS4 Pro, you get an addition $200 on top of the regular trade in value of those consoles.  PS4 and Xbox One S are netting an addition $150.  The original Xbox One will get you an extra $100.

XboxOneX_TradeOffer.pdf

I'm going to use your numbers that a Xbox One S trades in for $115.  With the additional $150 trade-in credit, you're looking at getting $265 off your Xbox One X purchase, which is decent.  If you wanted to trade in your PS4 pro, you would get $180 for that plus the $200... For a grand total of a whopping $380 off the price of an Xbox One X.  That's really good.

Those values seem to be the total value, not $200 plus the $180, just $200.

Archived