Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2021 (All up)

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Overall the importance of Sacks is overblown, but Oweh did have a Sack against Tristan Wirfs in 2019 that was canceled out by a DB's penalty. 

I wonder if you can negotiate "almost sacks" during contract negotiations? 🤔

Edited by MSURacerDT55

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

...so?

You said he only had Sacks against nobodies. Wirfs was great in college and has excelled as a Pro too. Beating him for a Sack(regardless of it was canceled out by backend penalty) holds value to anyone actually desiring to properly evaluate Odafe as a pass rush prospect.

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I wonder if you can negotiate "almost sacks" during contract negotiations? 🤔

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

"Would have been"

Are we really going to evaluate "would have been" production on a 1 step drop?

A lot of times "Almost Sacks" are weirdly labeled as 'PRWs" or "Pressures" by scouts. Silly terms that hold no weight though right? 

The brain trust that is the Browns' hive has certainly slobbered on Andrew Berry enough this season, and dude just signed the ultimate "Would have been" producer in Jadeveon Clowney. I doubt I'll see a lot of negative sentiments from you lot surrounding that signing though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

You said he only had Sacks against nobodies.

Correct, as stated with documented proof.

Wirfs was great in college and has excelled as a Pro too. Beating him for a Sack(regardless of it was canceled out by backend penalty) holds value to anyone actually desiring to properly evaluate Odafe as a pass rush prospect.

No it doesn't per my point in that none of his sacks came against a quality opponent. You basically said "You're WRONG!" and then contradicted yourself with a different data point of having value to evaluate while arbitrarily moving the goalposts. I'm NOT wrong. Those WERE his 7 actual sacks. If you want to talk about him beating Wirfs and it being nullified and yet you see flashes of potential, be my guest. That doesn't make me wrong, which is what you essentially said.

A lot of times "Almost Sacks" are weirdly labeled as 'PRWs" or "Pressures" by scouts. Silly terms that hold no weight though right? 

See above in regards to actual production.

The brain trust that is the Browns' hive has certainly slobbered on Andrew Berry enough this season, and dude just signed the ultimate "Would have been" producer in Jadeveon Clowney. I doubt I'll see a lot of negative sentiments from you lot surrounding that signing though. 

LOL

On 4/14/2021 at 12:51 PM, MWil23 said:

*Fart Noise*

On 4/14/2021 at 12:50 PM, MWil23 said:

I wonder who will play DE opposite Myles the other 12 games this year.

@ET80 @HTTRDynasty @Deadpulsedo you want to give me a dunk, bat flip, or MMA finishing move or should I do it myself?

6 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

You said he only had Sacks against nobodies. Wirfs was great in college and has excelled as a Pro too. Beating him for a Sack(regardless of it was canceled out by backend penalty) holds value to anyone actually desiring to properly evaluate Odafe as a pass rush prospect.

First off, great point. 

Where I am with this is A) The current Browns brain trust has earned the benefit of the doubt, so if they Identified Clowney as their guy (Even though we were also hot after Watt if you remember) then they think he can bring something significant to the table. I'll trust that. B) You are absolutely correct with the almost part about Clowney, he is the king of almost.  Maybe, our FO thinks he could be like how he did when he had Watt opposite of him and he faced constanty 1 on 1s and had multiple 9 sack season as well as elite run defense, maybe they think we can get him over the hump and be a double digit sack guy, I don't know. But you are 100% correct about your statement, time will tell.

14 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

First off, great point. 

Where I am with this is A) The current Browns brain trust has earned the benefit of the doubt, so if they Identified Clowney as their guy (Even though we were also hot after Watt if you remember) then they think he can bring something significant to the table. I'll trust that. B) You are absolutely correct with the almost part about Clowney, he is the king of almost.  Maybe, our FO thinks he could be like how he did when he had Watt opposite of him and he faced constanty 1 on 1s and had multiple 9 sack season as well as elite run defense, maybe they think we can get him over the hump and be a double digit sack guy, I don't know. But you are 100% correct about your statement, time will tell.

So the current Browns brain trust has earned the benefit of the doubt yet the Ravens brain trust hasn't earned the right to think Oweh is the proper fit for them? Man that is some twisted homeristic logic

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No it doesn't per my point in that none of his sacks came against a quality opponent. You basically said "You're WRONG!" and then contradicted yourself with a different data point of having value to evaluate while arbitrarily moving the goalposts. I'm NOT wrong. Those WERE his 7 actual sacks. If you want to talk about him beating Wirfs and it being nullified and yet you see flashes of potential, be my guest. That doesn't make me wrong, which is what you essentially said.

The possible implication(intended by you or not) by saying Oweh's Sacks were ONLY against a certain level of opponent during an opinion post on him, is that he might not ultimately have the potential to produce against greater talents. Which is why I shared information that refutes such a notion. Not complicated, and not some grand conspiracy to misrepresent your statement about his concrete Sack production. No need to argue semantics on this issue.

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

*Fart Noise*

These magnificent criticisms/contributions from you aside, there really wasn't much pushback from Browns' fans. I don't think there should've been either. Frankly, Clowney should be a more than solid addition for your squad if he remains healthy. Just as Odafe will be for the Ravens imo.

18 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

But you are 100% correct about your statement, time will tell.

This is pretty much it. The Browns are shooting for value in Clowney and the Ravens are shooting for value in Oweh. We'll know how both moves work out soon enough.

8 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

So the current Browns brain trust has earned the benefit of the doubt yet the Ravens brain trust hasn't earned the right to think Oweh is the proper fit for them? Man that is some twisted homeristic logic

Well I gave Ozzie Newsome the benefit of the doubt, DeCosta, eh.... but thats coming from someone with an outside perspective. 

Also I was kind of agreeing with you, not questioning your FO, but since we are on that topic, I'm not sure Newsome would have used the 31st pick on a project...

25 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Correct, as stated with documented proof.

See above in regards to actual production.

LOL

@ET80 @HTTRDynasty @Deadpulsedo you want to give me a dunk, bat flip, or MMA finishing move or should I do it myself?

Yadi Bat Flip GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Dunked GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Knock Me Out GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Please be clear, They are not the same.....

😐.....

The Ravens drafted an uber athletic polarizing EDGE defender with limited Sack production but displayed proficiency against the run.

The Browns signed an uber athletic polarizing EDGE defender with limited Sack production but displayed proficiency against the run.

Is it really so confusing?

----------

The Ravens injected a super athlete who hasn't been playing football that long into their EDGE prospect pipeline which has delivered for them time after time. He'll be playing within a system that makes great use of and produces favorable opportunity for it's EDGE defenders. With one of the top coverage units league wide.

Hope you feel as comfortable with the circumstances surrounding your Clowney gamble. 

Honestly, a better tactic for Browns fans might be to praise rather than attack our 1st Round Picks- if you're hoping for failure that is. Cause between this forum, reddit, twitter, etc. I remember a whole lot of "I can't believe they picked Stanley over Tunsil!!!", "Oh my god they actually took Marlon Humphrey ROFL!!", "The ratbirds actually managed to downgrade from Flacco with Lamar 🤣", "Good they took Hollywood Brown, he sucks and Jackson can't get the ball to him anyway lol".....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Well I gave Ozzie Newsome the benefit of the doubt, DeCosta, eh.... but thats coming from someone with an outside perspective. 

Also I was kind of agreeing with you, not questioning your FO, but since we are on that topic, I'm not sure Newsome would have used the 31st pick on a project...

Lol!! Decosta has been working in the Ravens organization for 25 years under Ozzie as the heir apparent and your trying to tell me that a GM with 2 years under his belt has earned more trust in this league than Decosta. 

Listen I have no doubt that Berry has the goods and is finally getting this organization back on track but your homerism is coming through way to strong here. The Browns have had one successful season in 20 years and all of a sudden Berry walks on water.