FS: Grant Delpit, Sheldrick Redwine, Richard Lecounte

SS: John Johnson, Ronnie Harrison

CB: Greg Newsome, Troy Hill, MJ Stewart

Special teams (3)

K: Cody Parkey

P: Jamie Gillian

LS: Charley Hughlett

• Like 1

Thanks for putting this together. I keep wondering if Fields was our plan for LB until JOK, and I don’t see a roster spot for him. If we’re likely playing 3 safeties more than 3 LBs, then why have 7 LBs and only 5 safeties on our roster? Special teams may drive a lot of this, but I’m not sure Fields has much of a chance to contribute.

Hard to argue with what you have there @candyman93.  The only things I think that could be different would be potentially keeping 4 TE (Carlson) and just 3 reserve OL as Hubbard can play 4 spots (Dunn goes back to the PS if eligible).

I could also see Marvin making the team over an end like Gustin.  Nothing against Gustin, but guys like he and Jackson don’t seem irreplaceable.  Perhaps they’d like to see if Wilson could be part of the rotation long term.

Redwine getting cut wouldn’t surprise me.  He’s had hella chances to show something over the last few years and simply hasn’t.  Pair that with Fields and JOK playing a box safety like role and Johnson having the ability to play either S and they may just keep 4.

As far as the safeties and linebackers, and even the DL to some degree, the NFL is moving to much more “position-less” defenses.  

Teams want DL who can play inside and out, linebackers who can cover like a S, safeties who can play in the box and play deep.

Our draft picks and FA signings suggest out FO is definitely working towards that.

Based upon the guaranteed money we gave him, I think Marvin Wilson makes the team at DT.

I think Redwine gets cut along with Mack Wilson, and I feel like Felton is a long shot to make the team, but his versatility may save him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Based upon the guaranteed money we gave him, I think Marvin Wilson makes the team at DT.

I think Redwine gets cut along with Mack Wilson, and I feel like Felton is a long shot to make the team, but his versatility may save him.

Wilson got 162,000 in guarantees. That’s nothing. But I do think it’s a good sign they want him on the roster.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Disagree.

This kid is everything that Duke Johnson was and wasn't.

Almost like what we wanted Duke to be.

He'll stick.

I'm almost as upset after reading this as when we picked JOK, as I was just coming in here to compare Felton to a faster Duke Johnson.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Felton I believe is a very big part of our future plans and will be transformative of our offense.  

I am certain that this will be Chubb’s final season with us.  Hunt will take over as RB1, Felton will take over as RB2 but will be used a lot like the Eagles used Brian Westbrook back in the day which will be crazy useful.

Two possible trade options are takitaki- good at stopping the run but not a scheme fit and harrison as an extra man in the safety room.

If harrison is healthy and productive by week 8 we might get a 3 and takitaki could get a 5th or a maybe a 4th

Edited by Kiwibrown

13 hours ago, bruceb said:

Disagree.

This kid is everything that Duke Johnson was and wasn't.

Almost like what we wanted Duke to be.

He'll stick.

Like I said, his versatility may very well save him if he has the ability to line up in the backfield and in the slot.

*If it's one or the other, he won't make it. 

*If he can't be at least semi-capable in pass protection situations when asked, he won't make it.

He has below average size and below average speed, especially for his size at 4.58 in the 40, and he has limited experience as a true slot guy. I like his potential, but betting on a 6th round draft pick at this stage to make the team, especially after we drafted Atnhony Schwartz in the third who has a LOT MORE athleticism and potential for us to be a slot guy.

It's definitely going to come down to him vs. D'Ernest Johnson, Switzer, and Hodge to see who makes the team, as two guys in this group definitely won't. I'm betting Switzer won't for sure, and I'm betting it'll come down to Johnson vs. Felton.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Like I said, his versatility may very well save him if he has the ability to line up in the backfield and in the slot.

*If it's one or the other, he won't make it. 

*If he can't be at least semi-capable in pass protection situations when asked, he won't make it.

He has below average size and below average speed, especially for his size at 4.58 in the 40, and he has limited experience as a true slot guy. I like his potential, but betting on a 6th round draft pick at this stage to make the team, especially after we drafted Atnhony Schwartz in the third who has a LOT MORE athleticism and potential for us to be a slot guy.

It's definitely going to come down to him vs. D'Ernest Johnson, Switzer, and Hodge to see who makes the team, as two guys in this group definitely won't. I'm betting Switzer won't for sure, and I'm betting it'll come down to Johnson vs. Felton.

I think Felton’s selling point is he’s going to provide the versatility that Johnson doesn’t.

Both Chubb and Hunt have the ability to be a 25 carry a game workhorse if needed, but if Hunt is injured we don’t really have a 3rd down back or anyone who can offer a similar level of versatility.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think Felton’s selling point is he’s going to provide the versatility that Johnson doesn’t.

Very valid, but I don't see many circumstances if this happens in which Felton is even remotely capable with his lack of size, speed, and vision struggles as a RB getting carries. At this point, he's going to be an out of the backfield pass catcher, motion to slot, etc. guy.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Both Chubb and Hunt have the ability to be a 25 carry a game workhorse if needed, but if Hunt is injured we don’t really have a 3rd down back or anyone who can offer a similar level of versatility.