53 man roster predictions

candyman93

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I like that list, but I’d imagine we keep Janovich and only keep 9 OL.

I agree with the rest.

You are most likely right in that the Browns probably go that route and keep Janovich and go 9 OL.

Because Johnny Stanton makes it to the Practice squad on my list and can be one of the designated elevated PS players each Sunday if need be, it's probably more meaningful to have another versatile OLineman like Blake Hance or whoever from another team.

James Hudson looks like a rookie and played poorly all preseason. Michael Dunn has a back injury that he may have to work through for the first few weeks. Nick Harris is only a Center and has poor Guard versatility. That means Chris Hubbard has to be the all everything swing. Janovich's 5 snaps a game at best means that I'd prefer Johnny Stanton and the ability to use Chris Hubbard (Tackle and Guard swing) and Blake Hance (Guard and Center swing) in the event of injury issues across the line.

In the end, the Browns can survive and thrive an injury to the FB position, but I'm not so sure they can at OLine if the only go with 9 OL.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

Something about your gif is oddly calming. 

How does one get these react button things that I see on people's posts?

I think Webby unlocks the footballs after a certain number of posts. 10? 50? 100? Not sure.

Maybe if your posts weren't so long, you'd get to the post count faster.

Either way, you can reach out to @NudeTayne and he should be able to help.

d3d448f6-7a77-4b20-8658-666f2553203a_tex

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

I think Webby unlocks the footballs after a certain number of posts. 10? 50? 100? Not sure.

d3d448f6-7a77-4b20-8658-666f2553203a_tex

Yeah, send me a message @Empire Lies and I'll fill you in about how forums work and our method of earning social credits in this zany online world. It's a bit intimidating at first, but I've got a good feeling you'll pick it right up.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 4

So I have been reading through some of these final predictions, and I think more is going to come down to money than we expect.

For example, Billings has done nothing special in the pre-season, that being said we owe him 3.5 million dollars, and fi we cut him, we still owe him 3.5 million dollars.  I assume he will end up making the roster.

Also I have been hearing that the browns like Hodge, but it didn't really matter what he did in the pre-season, they have a hard time paying 2+ million dollars a year for a #6 WR and special teamer.

Granted both these things could be wrong, but money definitely plays a big part of the decisions.

22 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

So I have been reading through some of these final predictions, and I think more is going to come down to money than we expect.

For example, Billings has done nothing special in the pre-season, that being said we owe him 3.5 million dollars, and fi we cut him, we still owe him 3.5 million dollars.  I assume he will end up making the roster.

Also I have been hearing that the browns like Hodge, but it didn't really matter what he did in the pre-season, they have a hard time paying 2+ million dollars a year for a #6 WR and special teamer.

Granted both these things could be wrong, but money definitely plays a big part of the decisions.

Billings comes under the sunk cost fallacy, jist because we have paid him, doesn't mean we need to keep him. it wouldnt matter if we were paying 10 million per year, the dude sucks and he has to go, stole it up as a miss and move on. Sheldon day is superior, Malik McDowell is superior.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Okay, I see.

Golly Gee Willikers

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll reach out to this overlord NudeTaynte fella.

Edited by Empire Lies

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Billings comes under the sunk cost fallacy, jist because we have paid him, doesn't mean we need to keep him. it wouldnt matter if we were paying 10 million per year, the dude sucks and he has to go, stole it up as a miss and move on. Sheldon day is superior, Malik McDowell is superior.

So agreed that Malik McDowell has more upside, that being said I don't think Sheldon Day is necessarily superior.

You are comparing 3 pre-season games, of which one guy took all of last year off and is getting back into football again, and the other is scraping like hell for a roster spot.  I don't disagree that Day has looked better in the pre-season, but I'm also not at practice, and that is certainly not everything that these decisions get based on...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

To that logic, Tommy Togiai has looked TERRIBLE this pre-season, based on play I would think Sheldon Day has looked better, but they just took Togiai in the 4th round and he has more upside so I think they are keeping him over Day too.  I could be wrong if they keep Billions or Togiai, but these are all factors to keep in mind.

29 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

You are likely right that money will have a major role in decision-making.

I wonder if Andrew Berry offsets that 3.5 million from Andrew Billings functionally speaking by cutting KhaDarel Hodge (2 Million) and Andy Janovich (1.4 Million). Tha 3.4 Million could take some sting away from that 3.5 Million dead cap hit and allow for Andrew Berry to strengthen the roster elsewhere.

Going with the lower contract number of Johnny Stanton on the practice squad while gaining the flexibility to roster better talent due to Billings being cut from the Browns could be a solution they seek.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Empire Lies said:

You are likely right that money will have a major role in decision-making.

I wonder if Andrew Berry offsets that 3.5 million from Andrew Billings functionally speaking by cutting KhaDarel Hodge (2 Million) and Andy Janovich (1.4 Million). Tha 3.4 Million could take some sting away from that 3.5 Million dead cap hit and allow for Andrew Berry to strengthen the roster elsewhere.

Going with the lower contract number of Johnny Stanton on the practice squad while gaining the flexibility to roster better talent due to Billings being cut from the Browns could be a solution they seek.

I am SOOOOO torn on Andy Janovich.  I really like his personality and work ethic and play style, I think he follows what they look for to a T in "smart, tough, and accountable".  That being said we just don't use a fullback enough.

I think the browns are all about positional versatility, and having Stanton who can run the ball, catch the ball while lining up as a FB, or as a TE, and can throw occasionally, could fit the team much better, allowing for more versatility.

I think that's why they like Felton so much.  He's a slot receiver, a RB, and a KR/PR. 

Hell that's why they took JOK, he's a LB, a Safety and a slot defender.

But bleep...I will be sad to see Janovich go...

4 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

To that logic, Tommy Togiai has looked TERRIBLE this pre-season, based on play I would think Sheldon Day has looked better, but they just took Togiai in the 4th round and he has more upside so I think they are keeping him over Day too.  I could be wrong if they keep Billions or Togiai, but these are all factors to keep in 

Why keep someone because they are expensive? I'd sooner pay him the 3.5 million and have him play against us. He is so bad I'd rather see him play for the ravens than us.