53 man roster predictions

candyman93

14 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d hate to see Billings go. He’s our only run stuffer after a season where we couldn’t stop the run. 

Yeah that’s what I was thinking at first 

then I started looking into McDowell more and forgot he actually came out as a nose and not a 3 tech

then I went back and watched old highlights. I forgot how dominant he was. If he can become the player he was drafted to be I think he could be a dominant nose. He kinda looked like Chris Jones in his Mississippi state film. Not high sack totals because he was really playing the nose.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Offense

QB Baker/Keenum (2)

RB Chubb/Hunt/Felton/Johnson (4)

WR OBJ/Landry/Higgins/DPJ/Schwartz/Hodge (6)

TE Njoku/Hooper/Bryant (3)

OL Wills/Bitonio/Tretter/Teller/Conklin/Hudson/Harris/Forbes (8)

total offense 23

Defense

DE Garrett/Clowney/McKinley/Weaver/Gustin (5)

DT Jackson/Billings/Elliott/McDowell/Togiai/Wilson (6)

LB JOK/Smith/Walker/Takitaki/Phillips/Fields (6)

CB Ward/Newsome/Hill/Williams/Green (5)

S Harrison/Johnson/Delpit/LeCounte/Moffatt (5)

total defense 27

ST

Parkey/Gillan/Hughlett (3)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Possibly. We could scrap Johnson, Moffatt or a LB. I'd guess Johnson, just because Felton can play either WR or RB. 

Johnson is pretty average and isnt worth keeping. 

Stephanski uses a fullback. I also think we keep 4 tight ends. Carlson is an excellent 4th te too, great on st and capable blocker and reciever.

18 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Johnson is pretty average and isnt worth keeping. 

Stephanski uses a fullback. I also think we keep 4 tight ends. Carlson is an excellent 4th te too, great on st and capable blocker and reciever.

Yeah, my comment was gonna be that I bet one of the RBs turns into a FB, one of the DT's turns into a OL, and one of the LBs turns into a CB. A solid prediction, I just can't see us keeping 6 DTs when the FO has already talked up using Clowney inside on passing downs, I can't see keeping 4 RBs and no FB in this offense, and I can't see us keeping 6 LBs when we're gonna only have 2 on the field more often than not.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 6:23 PM, brownie man said:

then I started looking into McDowell more and forgot he actually came out as a nose and not a 3 tech

then I went back and watched old highlights. I forgot how dominant he was. If he can become the player he was drafted to be I think he could be a dominant nose. He kinda looked like Chris Jones in his Mississippi state film. Not high sack totals because he was really playing the nose.  

The way this DT battle is shaping up, this is one of my most interesting battles in training camp. I see us keeping 5 DT's, and I almost want us to sign up to 6 DT's...if McDowell show's his original promise, it could be a REALLY nice problem to have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FGK said:

Yeah, my comment was gonna be that I bet one of the RBs turns into a FB, one of the DT's turns into a OL, and one of the LBs turns into a CB. A solid prediction, I just can't see us keeping 6 DTs when the FO has already talked up using Clowney inside on passing downs, I can't see keeping 4 RBs and no FB in this offense, and I can't see us keeping 6 LBs when we're gonna only have 2 on the field more often than not.

The exception for linebacker is if someone is a gun st, like Elijah lee. 

I think it is 5 dts and 3 running backs and a fullback. 

Johnson makes the practice squad imo

On 5/7/2021 at 6:23 PM, brownie man said:

IF he and Marvin Wilson BOTH show what they can be....then we keep 1 less LB or TE and keep all 6 DT's, and then just Run Lines at them like a Hockey Team!!!!!

1rst Wave Billings and Jackson

2nd Wave Marvin Wilson and Elliot

3rd Wave McDowell and Tongia

Dont let them Breath......Just keep fresh lineman coming in waves...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind also, if it sounds like the IR rules from last season are coming back (thankfully) so realistically we should be aiming for 55-57 guys as I can’t see a time when an nfl team isn’t gonna have a couple of guys at a min who are on IR for 3-4 weeks at least.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Keep in mind also, if it sounds like the IR rules from last season are coming back (thankfully) so realistically we should be aiming for 55-57 guys as I can’t see a time when an nfl team isn’t gonna have a couple of guys at a min who are on IR for 3-4 weeks at least.

I think they will keep some of the modified rules for Covid, especially with a 17th game and an 18th coming in the next 2-3 years.

I think they should expand the Roster from 53 to at least 55. Keep the P.S. at 12 and give the team protected spots, I did like that. But I think they should cut the return from IR back down to 3 players per year (just to keep teams from using the IR as extra roster space), and make the min time they miss be 4/5 games vs 8.

Oh and modify some of the PS spots maybe half of them, to allow for older players to be added to a PS, but I would want to retain at least half or 75% of the spots for "Younger" players.

• Like 1