Rookie Numbers

I want to go on record...the new jersey numbering system for the NFL is likely to be confusing.  I guess, I can be counted in the "traditionalist" party.

1 minute ago, Virginia Viking said:

I want to go on record...the new jersey numbering system for the NFL is likely to be confusing.  I guess, I can be counted in the "traditionalist" party.

As someone who’s been an NFL fan first and foremost over college football, I can’t say I was thrilled by the rule change either. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I like the traditional numbering system.  Have fun with the different numbers in high school and college, but lets be a little more uniform at the professional level.

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

I've already gone on the record that I thought it was ridiculous.  If you're going to be that liberal with the numbering system, you may as well open it up completely.  

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I've already gone on the record that I thought it was ridiculous.  If you're going to be that liberal with the numbering system, you may as well open it up completely.  

Yep! Triple digits should now be allowed!!  00 should be in play again.  Heck, if Prince could once have a symbol as his legal name, why can't numbers be replaced altogether with symbols.  A ? should be available, as well as an * for those setting records in the 17 game season era.

33 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

👆 This 👆 

I think the whole idea of retired numbers is ridiculous. The ring of honor is more than sufficient. 

I don't mind the idea of retired numbers, but it should be extremely rare and only meet certain qualifications, one of which can include the death of the said player.  The only one that didn't make any sense, to me, is Cris Carter.