2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

As we all know I’m pretty much addicted to finding QB’s at this point in my life so I thought I’d just start this way too early. So right now I have

1A- Spencer Rattler, Oklahoma

1B- Sam Howell, UNC

3- Phil Jorkovic Boston College

4- Keaton Slovis USC

5- Tyler Shuck Oregon

6- Jade Daniels Arizona St

7- Hank Bachmeier Boise St

8- Dylan Gabriel UCF

Im just gonna leave this here for now but since this year is over I’m sure I’ll just bring this back up. Over the offseason I’ll start to tie in my notes on these guys and give you my preview of what I’ve seen and add names and let you guys throw out guys your interested in as well. My number 3 guy is someone I’m def keeping a eye on because he has a WR named Jay Flowers #4 who I’m really high on going into the season. Rattler is my number one because he has every tool and he just has a canon for a arm. 

Rattlers season started a bit slow but this guy has every tool I just look to see him dominate this year and grow in that system. 

Howell for me is a clean player but I need improved decision making. He had 4 INT’s that were thrown on free plays due to Defensive offsides but I need to see him clean things up. I also look to see if he elevates guys around him without that ground game and Brown and Newsome.

• Like 1

A couple other names I’ve seen out there are some SEC guys in Matt Corral (Ole Miss), JT Daniels (Georgia), and Bo Nix (Auburn). On the small school tip, I wonder if Malik Willis can do enough at Liberty to get on the radar. He balled out for them last season.

For me, I only consider Howell and Rattler to be 1st rounders at this point. Someone will probably rise up, but at the moment I just don’t see it from the rest of these guys. It’s a weak group in my book. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, e16bball said:

A couple other names I’ve seen out there are some SEC guys in Matt Corral (Ole Miss), JT Daniels (Georgia), and Bo Nix (Auburn). On the small school tip, I wonder if Malik Willis can do enough at Liberty to get on the radar. He balled out for them last season.

For me, I only consider Howell and Rattler to be 1st rounders at this point. Someone will probably rise up, but at the moment I just don’t see it from the rest of these guys. It’s a weak group in my book. 

I agree. I was going to do a post on Willis because I tend to get to Liberty games live. But I couldn’t really figure out where I wanted to rank the SEC guys so this list will change. I think there’s a ton to get into I think it’s pretty weak as well. Especially for guys dangerous with their legs that actually are competent passers.

Im not high on any of them atm for making it at the pro level.

Theres a couple that could have enough grasp over their system now to pop up this year like Burrow did. But thats a tall order to ask. And no way we finish bottom 2-3 to be able to make a move for one anyway. But looking later, after the early selection guys. To say, "This is a guy we could grab later. Coach him up and see whats there." I really dont see anyone jumping out currently to say hes worthy of any kind of pick.

Its been a few years since there was a flat qb class. It was due. Hope some guys can change my mind. But this feels like a Geno Smith draft class to me.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im not high on any of them atm for making it at the pro level.

Theres a couple that could have enough grasp over their system now to pop up this year like Burrow did. But thats a tall order to ask. And no way we finish bottom 2-3 to be able to make a move for one anyway. But looking later, after the early selection guys. To say, "This is a guy we could grab later. Coach him up and see whats there." I really dont see anyone jumping out currently to say hes worthy of any kind of pick.

Its been a few years since there was a flat qb class. It was due. Hope some guys can change my mind. But this feels like a Geno Smith draft class to me.

So far it is alittle worrisome. I’m very curious to see the Marshall QB this season. He has some traits I really like. And while we can say it’s due I think the top 2 are likely 1st rounders. Not to say they will earn that worth. But this season will say a lot. I think the wildcard for this team could be Desean Watson. But I think there’s other teams that just actually have the capital to spare that would bud us out. But it’s very early. The BC QB has a lot of traits I like but he’s not very mobile he’s a very old school guy. But he will stand in for contact and deliver a  good ball. It’s going to be a long year but as you said right now it is def a weaker class. The year after the Clemson QB is eligible. So it’s going to be interesting to see. I don’t want this staff to fall in love with a guy in a bad class like Snyder did with Haskins when it was clear Kyler was the guy in that class and we won ourselves out of that early

We should wait a year, unless we can trade up for Howell or Rattler, next years class is meh compared to this years class. This is why I argued for trading up for Fields this year bc next years class can’t touch him.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

If there’s a guy who I think could be a riser, it’s probably Tyler Shough. He has the size, some mobility, the ability to make throws off schedule and off-platform (kinda like what made people fall for Zach Wilson). And he’s going to the Big 12, so obviously he’s going to put up serious numbers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If there’s a guy who I think could be a riser, it’s probably Tyler Shough. He has the size, some mobility, the ability to make throws off schedule and off-platform (kinda like what made people fall for Zach Wilson). And he’s going to the Big 12, so obviously he’s going to put up serious numbers.

Definitely something to keep an eye on. Thanks E

My thought, now that they whiffed on the opportunity to move up and get Fields, is that their focus will probably have to be on these veteran QBs.

We know there are at least 3 elite NFL veterans who aren’t happy with their current team (Watson, Rodgers, Wilson), and there’s also Matt Ryan, who probably won’t be in ATL’s long-term plans, and Derek Carr, who has seemed on his way out of the Raiders for years. The number of suitors has certainly gone down, with 5 more prospective franchise QBs brought aboard in the draft. 

We aren’t anybody’s top choice, that much has become clear — but maybe with another good season and some more weapons on offense, these guys might give us some consideration at least. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, e16bball said:

He was benched in favor of Ant Brown for the bowl game. And bailed to TT in the portal because he didnt want to compete for the job he might not win out on this year.

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

He was benched in favor of Ant Brown for the bowl game. And bailed to TT in the portal because he didnt want to compete for the job he might not win out on this year.

Joe Burrow lost a competition to Dwayne Haskins and bailed to LSU...he’s seemed to turned out okay 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t want any of these guys, but I know if someone is going to pop onto the high pick radar, it’s not gonna be Kedon Slovis or Dillon Gabriel. Shough at least has the tools to be an NFL starter, and I guess it remains to be seen how the rest develops for him over the next year. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

As we all know I’m pretty much addicted to finding QB’s at this point in my life so I thought I’d just start this way too early. So right now I have

1A- Spencer Rattler, Oklahoma

1B- Sam Howell, UNC

3- Phil Jorkovic Boston College

4- Keaton Slovis USC

5- Tyler Shuck Oregon

6- Jade Daniels Arizona St

7- Hank Bachmeier Boise St

8- Dylan Gabriel UCF

Im just gonna leave this here for now but since this year is over I’m sure I’ll just bring this back up. Over the offseason I’ll start to tie in my notes on these guys and give you my preview of what I’ve seen and add names and let you guys throw out guys your interested in as well. My number 3 guy is someone I’m def keeping a eye on because he has a WR named Jay Flowers #4 who I’m really high on going into the season. Rattler is my number one because he has every tool and he just has a canon for a arm. 

Rattlers season started a bit slow but this guy has every tool I just look to see him dominate this year and grow in that system. 

Howell for me is a clean player but I need improved decision making. He had 4 INT’s that were thrown on free plays due to Defensive offsides but I need to see him clean things up. I also look to see if he elevates guys around him without that ground game and Brown and Newsome.

Make sure (and I KNOW you will) you check out FCS QBs as well. There were some impressive showing this last Fall and this Spring by some QBs (not sure on their status for Fall 2021 (if they are still eligible and coming back or not).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

Joe Burrow lost a competition to Dwayne Haskins and bailed to LSU...he’s seemed to turned out okay 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t want any of these guys, but I know if someone is going to pop onto the high pick radar, it’s not gonna be Kedon Slovis or Dillon Gabriel. Shough at least has the tools to be an NFL starter, and I guess it remains to be seen how the rest develops for him over the next year. 

Joe spent 2 seasons growing as a player. Shough was a starter that got benched. With this being his only season to grow after a benching.

Joe was a late rounder after his first season at LSU. Want to compare. Im not seeing any difference in Shough. Any other year hed be considered a late rounder too. But the weakness of this class will push him up.

But so long as we agree that we dont want "any of these guys". Then we on the same page. Which is all that matters.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

My thought, now that they whiffed on the opportunity to move up and get Fields, is that their focus will probably have to be on these veteran QBs.

We know there are at least 3 elite NFL veterans who aren’t happy with their current team (Watson, Rodgers, Wilson), and there’s also Matt Ryan, who probably won’t be in ATL’s long-term plans, and Derek Carr, who has seemed on his way out of the Raiders for years. The number of suitors has certainly gone down, with 5 more prospective franchise QBs brought aboard in the draft. 

We aren’t anybody’s top choice, that much has become clear — but maybe with another good season and some more weapons on offense, these guys might give us some consideration at least. 

I think you have it boxed in here. The 2022 class doesn't look as good right now. One reason I really wanted to get one this year. However, there are always guys who come up who no one thought could put it together and get drafted.

Personally, I don't like 1 year resumes at QB. I like to see at least 2 years under center in games in college (ideally 4). And right now, none of the QBs that are there are really grabbing my attention (but that could just be me). But yeah, I can see this F.O. going after veteran QBs and trading picks for them. A proven veteran commodity is better than a draftee crapshoot. So they'll have to trade for one after 2021 (or bring back Fitz - depending upon how well he does). Which (the trading part) I might be okay with as long as they aren't giving away first rounders.

• Like 1