2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

20 minutes ago, Woz said:

Anyway, two weeks in, this is looking kind of like a meh-at-best class? Any 2023 folks to look forward to?

I don’t know about that Woz? Carson Strong, Matt Corrall, Malik Willis, Spencer Rattler, Sam Howell, Will Levis all have a ton of talent. I think this could be another QB heavy first round. 

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t know about that Woz? Carson Strong, Matt Corrall, Malik Willis, Spencer Rattler, Sam Howell, Will Levis all have a ton of talent. I think this could be another QB heavy first round. 

I'll take your word for it.

My quick and dirty QB need board

• Desperately Seeking QB (there is little to no hope in house)
    • Atlanta
    • Detroit
    • Houston
    • Minnesota
  • Could Easily Update FB Status (have a guy but not wedded to him)
    • Carolina
    • Denver
    • NY Giants
    • Washington
  • It's Complicated (either short contract length or storm clouds looming)
    • Arizona
    • Dallas
    • Green Bay
    • Indianapolis
    • Las Vegas
    • New Orleans
    • Pittsburgh
    • Seattle
    • Tampa Bay
    • Tennessee
  • Just Got Serious (rookie or 2nd year QB)
    • Chicago
    • Cincinnati
    • Jacksonville
    • LA Chargers
    • LA Rams
    • Miami
    • New England
    • NY Jets
    • Philadelphia
    • San Francisco
  • Wedded Bliss (looks they have long term answer)
    • Baltimore
    • Buffalo
    • Cleveland
    • Kansas City

13 hours ago, Woz said:

I'll take your word for it.

My quick and dirty QB need board

• Desperately Seeking QB (there is little to no hope in house)
    • Atlanta
    • Detroit
    • Houston
    • Minnesota
  • Could Easily Update FB Status (have a guy but not wedded to him)
    • Carolina
    • Denver
    • NY Giants
    • Washington
  • It's Complicated (either short contract length or storm clouds looming)
    • Arizona
    • Dallas
    • Green Bay
    • Indianapolis
    • Las Vegas
    • New Orleans
    • Pittsburgh
    • Seattle
    • Tampa Bay
    • Tennessee
  • Just Got Serious (rookie or 2nd year QB)
    • Chicago
    • Cincinnati
    • Jacksonville
    • LA Chargers
    • LA Rams
    • Miami
    • New England
    • NY Jets
    • Philadelphia
    • San Francisco
  • Wedded Bliss (looks they have long term answer)
    • Baltimore
    • Buffalo
    • Cleveland
    • Kansas City

Minnesota just drafted Kellen Mond this year. Other than that, I agree with the list.

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

At this point those are just names. All of these guys have a heck of a lot to prove this year. I personally don’t think this years class is anywhere near what last years class was. Time will tell though.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

At this point those are just names. All of these guys have a heck of a lot to prove this year. I personally don’t think this years class is anywhere near what last years class was. Time will tell though.

Yeah dude. That’s usually how it starts off when it’s week 1 lol

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah dude. That’s usually how it starts off when it’s week 1 lol

Totally understand, I just feel like at least with Trevor Lawrence & Justin Fields last year, they had already proven they deserved to be high picks. 

I guess maybe Sam Howell has done that with this years crop but the names just aren’t the same for me as last year.

Of course, last years crop all of a sudden Lance & Wilson leapfrogged Justin Fields so it’s probably likely at least one guy we consider mid 1st to 2nd round now does that before the end of the season.

Just now, turtle28 said:

It was just his 2nd start. I think the potential is there for him to be one of the top QBs in the 2023 draft.

I really don't see it. He's getting bailed out by some amazing talent at that position. It's not like where Mac is making throws to people like Waddle, and Smith where he feels on target. 

25 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I really don't see it. He's getting bailed out by some amazing talent at that position. It's not like where Mac is making throws to people like Waddle, and Smith where he feels on target. 

So you just write a QB off after two starts in their college career?

If that is your philosophy Zach Wilson shouldn’t have gone #2, Justin Fields shouldn’t have been a first round pick & you could go on and on through every draft class saying that. 

As far as Mac Jones goes, I don’t remember him looking amazing right away when he took over for Tua in 2019, and if so, he’s only one guy out of a lot of prospects who continue to develop and improve throughout their college careers. 

You’d have to equate what Stroud is looking like now to how Mac Jones looked in his game when he replaced Tua in 2019 & his first start after everyone knew Tua had dislocated his hip & was done for the year.

I have no idea if Stroud will be worthy of a top 10 pick in 2023 but he has the potential to be a top 10 pick and he has more than 20 games left in his college career - at the least - plus the entire draft process to prove he should be. It’s  impossible to know that he will or won’t be one of the top QBs in the 2023 draft by then either.