2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I’ve always been a Jerome Ford fan, I thought he made their offense go. 

That said though, I like Ford more in that round 4-5 mix. He’s got good thickness and nice long speed to bust some long runs, but he doesn’t have as much of the creativity and make-you-miss ability as I’d want in a day 2 RB. If I’m going RB before day 3, I’m looking for a feature back. He’s more of a guy I’d see as a good rotational guy/backup who has nice hands and the ability to bang it in short yardage. 

The guy I really love off your list, @ripsean21, is Breece Hall. He has so much to his game, he checks all the boxes for me. He is a true RB, unlike Gibson, who still hasn’t fully grasped all the nuances of the position (yet, though he continues to show me progress on that front). He sets up blocks and cutback lanes, he knows how to get low and/or skinny, he finishes runs with authority, he can handle a workload. Understands the situation, finds a way to get you what you need. If I’m looking RB in round 3, I’d love to see him on the board — though I suspect he’ll probably be gone in round 2. I think he’s an NFL starter for sure. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one who believes we are going to swing hard for Russel Wilson?

if you look at Wilsons Seahawks teams he’s been on in the past I think our offensive players currently outrank almost every offense Wilson has had.

you can say all you want about having DK and Lockett or when he had Marshawn Lynch a few years ago, but one thing remains the same. Wilson I don’t believe ever had an average at best Oline. I think even without Scherrf we will have a top 10 o line. Especially with roullier coming back healthy

Outside of Jimmy graham (who wasn’t the same player he was with the saint) Wilson never had a good TE to my knowledge. Antonio Gibson will be the best back he’s played with since Marshawn and I think Terry might be the best WR he’s played with if he comes here. (Don’t get me wrong Lockett is good, and DK is a man! But I think Terry is more complete then them.)

idk I just feel like Russ fits. I know he’ll be 33 but even if he gives us 5 years only of good play I think it would be worth it depending on cost.

in a perfect world deshaun would get cleared of charges and we trade for him, but with the mess we have going on with the investigation I think they would think that’s a PR nightmare. Not to mention if he has to do time or is suspended. He already didn’t play last year…

19 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

if you look at Wilsons Seahawks teams he’s been on in the past I think our offensive players currently outrank almost every offense Wilson has had.

you can say all you want about having DK and Lockett or when he had Marshawn Lynch a few years ago, but one thing remains the same. Wilson I don’t believe ever had an average at best Oline. I think even without Scherrf we will have a top 10 o line. Especially with roullier coming back healthy

Outside of Jimmy graham (who wasn’t the same player he was with the saint) Wilson never had a good TE to my knowledge. Antonio Gibson will be the best back he’s played with since Marshawn and I think Terry might be the best WR he’s played with if he comes here. (Don’t get me wrong Lockett is good, and DK is a man! But I think Terry is more complete then them.)

idk I just feel like Russ fits. I know he’ll be 33 but even if he gives us 5 years only of good play I think it would be worth it depending on cost.

in a perfect world deshaun would get cleared of charges and we trade for him, but with the mess we have going on with the investigation I think they would think that’s a PR nightmare. Not to mention if he has to do time or is suspended. He already didn’t play last year…

Speaking just for me, I absolutely believe they will extend a huge trade offer for Russ — and I think they should. 

I just don’t think Seattle trades him unless he absolutely demands it, and I don’t think he’s going to demand it. I just don’t think he’s really that type of dude. I also think he (probably rightly) doesn’t see a Bucs/Rams option out there, a team that clearly has superior talent across the board and just needs the guy at QB to complete the championship contender picture.

There are some solid teams, between PIT and DEN and us and CAR. But every one of those teams has some serious issues, and when you add in his salary and the picks they’d have to trade for him, they’d all be pretty limited in upgrading around him. None of those teams feels like a slam-dunk “just give us an elite QB and we’re the team to beat” type of roster. 

On 3/1/2022 at 11:50 PM, LoganF89 said:

Russell won’t be traded. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/03/commanders-hc-ron-rivera-compares-malik-willis-to-cam-newton/

Is R R trying to "sell" Willis off the board to leave the guy he really wants ? Seems strange to build the kid up if you want him ! 

This is very comparable to what I thought when I read some of his comments. I said within a couple pages of this post that the Steelers/Willis connection may be our best bet to land a meaningful trade-down partner.

If we’re leaking (announcing?) that we like him, perhaps the goal is to get Pittsburgh thinking they need to make a significant move to get up to our pick? Or perhaps, like you’re saying, the goal is to get them to move up ahead of us to make it more likely that another player gets to us?

Finally a resolution to HandsGate. 

Smaller than pretty much any good NFL QB ever. Larger than some speculated. Pretty much what we anticipated. Does the double-jointed thing make it easier for him to manage? Is the glove a viable solution?

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This is very comparable to what I thought when I read some of his comments. I said within a couple pages of this post that the Steelers/Willis connection may be our best bet to land a meaningful trade-down partner.

If we’re leaking (announcing?) that we like him, perhaps the goal is to get Pittsburgh thinking they need to make a significant move to get up to our pick? Or perhaps, like you’re saying, the goal is to get them to move up ahead of us to make it more likely that another player gets to us?

Didn't I read Pittsburg was in love with Pickett. Maybe R R wants Pickett to slide ( if indeed it could be considered a slide ) to 11 to trade the pick to The Steelers . Lots of intrigue !

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Didn't I read Pittsburg was in love with Pickett. Maybe R R wants Pickett to slide ( if indeed it could be considered a slide ) to 11 to trade the pick to The Steelers . Lots of intrigue !

Interesting, I had seen people connecting Pickett to them prior to the Senior Bowl due to the Pittsburgh connection and their teams basically being in the same facility…but of late, all I’d been seeing is that they seemed really into Willis down in Mobile. 

Very intriguing. I think the teams are going to be as “all over the map” with their evaluations of the QBs as we are.

52 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Finally a resolution to HandsGate. 

Smaller than pretty much any good NFL QB ever. Larger than some speculated. Pretty much what we anticipated. Does the double-jointed thing make it easier for him to manage? Is the glove a viable solution?

I've always thought that my hands were on the small size and I guess they are but -just measured at 8 7/8 ths . couldn't quite get to 9 inches - !

Edited by RSkinGM
more info

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, there’s no way I’d draft Pickett after this. Plus he’s already 24. I’d just take him off my board unless he fell to the second round and then I’d probably still not take him. 

I'll go ahead and say, Pickett's hand size does very little to move the needle for me as far as hurting his value. If he was the best at everything else for this class, and his hand is the biggest red flag, then pull the trigger. I guess I could trade off the risk of increase in them for someone who might be successful. Daniel Jones has a fumbling problem and he's at 9 3/4".

As far as the age thing, what is the big concern there? That he's peaked or is peaking sooner? He's 24. If we got 10 great years out of him (and he was 34) that would be a great miracle for this team.