2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

I’m really worried about this QB class kind of being a dud. Rattler is not having a good game vs Nebraska. Ridder isn’t having a good game vs Indiana but Indiana’s D was gray last year so maybe they are again. Sam Howell hasn’t looked as good w/o having Dyami Brown & Dazz Newsome to throw to. Slovis from USC hasn’t impressed yet either.

Matt Corral from Ole’ Miss might be this years QB classes saving grace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’m really worried about this QB class kind of being a dud. Rattler is not having a good game vs Nebraska. Ridder isn’t having a good game vs Indiana but Indiana’s D was gray last year so maybe they are again. Sam Howell hasn’t looked as good w/o having Dyami Brown & Dazz Newsome to throw to. Slovis from USC hasn’t impressed yet either.

Matt Corral from Ole’ Miss might be this years QB classes saving grace.

Hasn’t Howell gone off since the Hokie game? Strong has balled out too

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Hasn’t Howell gone off since the Hokie game? Strong has balled out too

Strong from Nevada? He played great against Idaho St., didn’t play well vs Cal. He’s playing ok today against Kansas state, so that’s ok I guess...

Rattler wasn’t very good today, and he’s supposed to be the top QB - at least as terms of potential goes - in this class.

UNC/Howell played Georgia St. Last week, color me not impressed if he’s “going off” against a school like that and not vs Va Tech. The fact that Dogee from WVU played better than Howell vs Virginia Tech isn’t a great sign to me, but it was just Howell’s first game with new playmakers vs a great defense.

I think Corral seems to be the dude in this class, but I need to see more of him too.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Howell threw 5 TD passes and rushed for over 100 yards today. I think it’s safe to say he’s pretty good. 

Yes he looked good except for that int, that was a really poor decision. He should’ve had 330 yards & 6 TDs w/ zero turnovers.

Who caught my eye more than Howell was the Virginia QB, Armstrong, he was 72%, 554 yds & 4 TDs. He is a lefty - which I always think is cool as a QB - my cousin was too - and Armstrong  throws a beautiful deep ball, like Russell Wilson his deep ball drops right in the bucket. 

Edited by turtle28

Matt Corral is looking like the 2022 #1 pick once again.

Through 3 quarters he accounted for 7 touchdowns, 3 passing & 4 rushing. He’s gotta be the Heisman front runner at this point.

Passing: 74%, 335 yds & 3 TDs 

Rushing: 12 carries, 81 yards & 4 TDs 

Ole Miss is playing Tulane who almost beat Rattler and Oklahoma in week one. Rattler threw for 304 yards vs Tulane. He only had 1 TD & he had 2 ints. Rattler did have a rushing TD game too.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Matt Corral is looking like the 2022 #1 pick once again.

Through 3 quarters he accounted for 7 touchdowns, 3 passing & 4 rushing. He’s gotta be the Heisman front runner at this point.

Passing: 74%, 335 yds & 3 TDs 

Rushing: 12 carries, 81 yards & 4 TDs 

Ole Miss is playing Tulane who almost beat Rattler and Oklahoma in week one. Rattler there for 304 yards vs Tulane. He only had 1 TD & he had 2 ints. Rattler did have a rushing TD game too.

Corral is def sticking out this season. Tulane has a tough defense and that is impressive what Corral did. You can just seen his confidence and comfort growing. Playing at Ole Miss they are going to get some serious comp through this year so if he continues to tear it up especially once they start playing SEC teams he can very well be the top pick

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Howell threw 5 TD passes and rushed for over 100 yards today. I think it’s safe to say he’s pretty good. 

He’s good but he literally makes a dumb decision every game. Like literally every game. I love Howell and I think he can be amazing but after all this time he’s got too eliminate these plays on a game to game basis. This is college. In the NFL these plays will cost him a lot more if he can’t eliminate the forces

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

He’s good but he literally makes a dumb decision every game. Like literally every game. I love Howell and I think he can be amazing but after all this time he’s got too eliminate these plays on a game to game basis. This is college. In the NFL these plays will cost him a lot more if he can’t eliminate the forces

I’ve always pegged him as Baker Mayfield 2.0 but not as arrogant/cocky. I’d love to have Howell, but I don’t know that he’ll be an elite starter.

Malik Willis makes too much sense for this franchise. He’s dynamic, he’s playing at Liberty which isn’t far away and the team could have him and a new name at the same time. It won’t happen because he’s most likely going to be the first pick but it would be pretty cool. Still think we end up with Howell unless this Heineke thing continues. Oddly enough, I think they’d still draft a QB first. 

On 9/19/2021 at 2:10 PM, ripsean21 said:

Everytime I see Howell play, I think Baker Mayfield. He’ll likely be a good starter but not a great one.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Malik Willis makes too much sense for this franchise. He’s dynamic, he’s playing at Liberty which isn’t far away and the team could have him and a new name at the same time. It won’t happen because he’s most likely going to be the first pick but it would be pretty cool. Still think we end up with Howell unless this Heineke thing continues. Oddly enough, I think they’d still draft a QB first. 

Corral is by far playing the best of any QB in the country. Corral’s big game is next week vs Alabama if he plays well vs them it’s hard to not see him continuing to play at a high level, win the Heisman and be the 1st QB taken in the draft.

I love what I’m seeing from Willis, but he’s not played better than Corral. I think Willis has a great chance to go top ten though for sure if continues to play well along with Sam Howell.