2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Corral is by far playing the best of any QB in the country. Corral’s big game is next week vs Alabama if he plays well vs them it’s hard to not see him continuing to play at a high level, win the Heisman and be the 1st QB taken in the draft.

I love what I’m seeing from Willis, but he’s not played better than Corral. I think Willis has a great chance to go top ten though for sure if continues to play well along with Sam Howell.

I have no interest in another undersized qb.  This qb class is not very good.  We should have taken a swing on Darnold or Fields.  But what we definitely shouldn't do is force drafting the wrong qb.

31 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I have no interest in another undersized qb.  This qb class is not very good.  We should have taken a swing on Darnold or Fields.  But what we definitely shouldn't do is force drafting the wrong qb.

The same things were said last year and half this board didn’t want Fields. Like I said, there’s no exact science today scouting a QB. You can either keep waiting and waiting for the perfect QB to prop up just in time for us to pick him or you can take your shot. Again, you’re never going to convince me this is a bad QB class. Corral, Willis, Strong, Ridder, Rattler, Howell etc. One or two of these guys will end up being a stud. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So 6’2 is small now?

I believe he is listed at 6'1" which means he is at best 6'0".  Yes that is small.  I am not saying small can't succeed, but I am happy with our small qbs currently.  I know he has the arm, but I am not spending the pick required to get him in this underwhelming qb class.

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The same things were said last year and half this board didn’t want Fields. Like I said, there’s no exact science today scouting a QB. You can either keep waiting and waiting for the perfect QB to prop up just in time for us to pick him or you can take your shot. Again, you’re never going to convince me this is a bad QB class. Corral, Willis, Strong, Ridder, Rattler, Howell etc. One or two of these guys will end up being a stud. 

So far this qb class looks unimpressive and usually this is the time of the year when they look great.

I didn't want Fields with what I thought was going to be required to get him.  But what ended up being required would have certainly been worth it.  You were dead right on the Fields trade option.  I liked Darnold as an option, but they passed.  

Anyways, qb really isn't our problem.  Not even Tom Brady can win with this defense and these WRs who can't catch and no running game other than the gimmick style.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I believe he is listed at 6'1" which means he is at best 6'0".  Yes that is small.  I am not saying small can't succeed, but I am happy with our small qbs currently.  I know he has the arm, but I am not spending the pick required to get him in this underwhelming qb class.

Then get used to the status quo for this team. 

31 minutes ago, offbyone said:

So far this qb class looks unimpressive and usually this is the time of the year when they look great.

I didn't want Fields with what I thought was going to be required to get him.  But what ended up being required would have certainly been worth it.  You were dead right on the Fields trade option.  I liked Darnold as an option, but they passed.  

Anyways, qb really isn't our problem.  Not even Tom Brady can win with this defense and these WRs who can't catch and no running game other than the gimmick style.

We miss Curtis Samuel more than I realized we would. Dyami Brown isn’t ready to be a starter, Cam Sims hasn’t shown much & neither has Humphries.

Sadly I think the best QB this year isn’t eligible for the draft. Good for us that means if we sucked enough we could have a shot at the best S CB or OT. If we’re bad enough that is. But when your defense is giving up 350 plus a week through the air and mobile QB’s are torching you for 400 plus total yards we I think picking that high is likely

We aren't getting a top draft pick. You guys can forget about that. This team is too talented to go 3-14, 4-13 or 5-12.

I think at worst, this team wins 7 games & that's coming from the biggest Redskin homer on the board. (Me)

And that would put us anywhere from 10-15. (Depending on strength of schedule comparisons)

Now we could be in position to still land a QB & we definitely need to do our due diligence at that position in the off-season.

But if you're hoping for a top 5 pick? Ain't gonna happen. 

This is a playoff team, not playing up to their potential.

When they do?

Look out, NFL!

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Sadly I think the best QB this year isn’t eligible for the draft. Good for us that means if we sucked enough we could have a shot at the best S CB or OT. If we’re bad enough that is. But when your defense is giving up 350 plus a week through the air and mobile QB’s are torching you for 400 plus total yards we I think picking that high is likely

If we end up with another top 5 pick and they don’t take the best QB on the board or trade back for a kings ransom this whole thing is over. You don’t get 4-5 years to find your QB in today’s NFL. The reason being is if we’re still bad after year 3 that’s basically the biggest indictment of this crew running the show. No way does Rivera and Turner then get two more years to bring a young QB along. 

You can think this QB class is bad and that’s fine. I obviously disagree but Rivera needs to pinpoint the guy and make it happen. All this crazy nitpicking trying to find the perfect prospect when guys like Watson, Mahomes, Allen and Herbert all became elite QBs when nobody thought them worthy of a top 3 pick is just silly to me. There’s at least 4 damn good QBs in this class in Strong, Corral, Willis and Howell. If you don’t want one of them your next option is to pay whatever bend over prices the Packers or the Texans will want for Watson or Rodgers. You simply cannot go another year with this regime relying on journeymen QBs. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If we end up with another top 5 pick and they don’t take the best QB on the board or trade back for a kings ransom this whole thing is over. You don’t get 4-5 years to find your QB in today’s NFL. The reason being is if we’re still bad after year 3 that’s basically the biggest indictment of this crew running the show. No way does Rivera and Turner then get two more years to bring a young QB along. 

You can think this QB class is bad and that’s fine. I obviously disagree but Rivera needs to pinpoint the guy and make it happen. All this crazy nitpicking trying to find the perfect prospect when guys like Watson, Mahomes, Allen and Herbert all became elite QBs when nobody thought them worthy of a top 3 pick is just silly to me. There’s at least 4 damn good QBs in this class in Strong, Corral, Willis and Howell. If you don’t want one of them your next option is to pay whatever bend over prices the Packers or the Texans will want for Watson or Rodgers. You simply cannot go another year with this regime relying on journeymen QBs. 

Watson was the winningest QB prospect and Mahomes had all word ability and went to the perfect coach. Allen has grown with a OC and a FO that got him weapons and a tough defense. And a staff that call modern lineups and plays. Herbert has an amazing coach and staff this year and had weapons and he is just special. Burrow is special. Murray is special. All their tapes told the tale. Strong is good but his game is kinda dated but if you are good at protecting the ball and moving forward you can win with it. Willis with the right staff man I’d love he Gibson and JD in the same backfield. But he has to do more and he has a shot. Corral we’re about to find out starting next week.