2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What has Turner done so bad developing QBs? We can’t possibly blame the Haskins debacle on the coaching staff. I wanted Haskins to work out, but in a lot of ways like RG3, Haskins ended up being his own worst enemy in DC.

Turner has developed two UDFA’s (Heinicke & Allen) into at worse good back up QBs, and maybe more.

I mean, suck at his job for one thing. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, suck at his job for one thing. 

I don’t think Scotty sucks as bad as we think as a coordinator or as a talent evaluator. I think his play calling can be improved at times but, a lot of times that comes down to the players executing too.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think Scotty sucks as bad as we think as a coordinator or as a talent evaluator. I think his play calling can be improved at times but, a lot of times that comes down to the players executing too.

Our RB is averaging 5ypc and is probably the most electric player on the field for both teams 95% of the time and he gives him the ball 10 times. Instead, he has an undrafted free agent QB who’s bounced around the league throw it nearly 50 times. He’s clueless and his game plan is archaic crap. 

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Our RB is averaging 5ypc and is probably the most electric player on the field for both teams 95% of the time and he gives him the ball 10 times. Instead, he has an undrafted free agent QB who’s bounced around the league throw it nearly 50 times. He’s clueless and his game plan is archaic crap. 

The same Giants game where Heinicke was averaging throwing over 5 ypc?

Many people have posted all 22 clips of plays that were drawn up by Scotty, the play calls were great. Having Logan Thomas run up the seam to open up McKissic & Seals-Jones for their big plays.

Yeah, Gibby should get some more carries but at the same time we were behind most of that game, we had to throw it more than run it. In the Chargers game Gibby got a lot of touches & everyone said Terry didn’t get enough. 

Seems to me whatever he calls you won’t be happy even if we win.

look at these awful play calls:

Edited by turtle28

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yep, that same game plan. But you and I do this every time we have a crappy coordinator and you defend them for years. 

I can’t just blame coordinators all the time when the players make mistakes. There has to be personal accountability for the players. I blame both, you seem to just want to blame coaches. 

49 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I can’t just blame coordinators all the time when the players make mistakes. There has to be personal accountability for the players. I blame both, you seem to just want to blame coaches. 

Oh that’s not true. I put blame on players too. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Yep, that same game plan. But you and I do this every time we have a crappy coordinator and you defend them for years. 

The one thing I will say for Turner is that it would be nice to seem him have the same qb for just half a season to see how or if things progress.  I really think they need to figure out how to run the ball other than outside, dump off screens and sweeps.  The offense is to gimmicky for me.  I would like to see more mid/down field passing.  But tough to judge as he hasn't really had a lot of stability to work with.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

The one thing I will say for Turner is that it would be nice to seem him have the same qb for just half a season to see how or if things progress.  I really think they need to figure out how to run the ball other than outside, dump off screens and sweeps.  The offense is to gimmicky for me.  I would like to see more mid/down field passing.  But tough to judge as he hasn't really had a lot of stability to work with.  

Definitely true. We need continuity at the QB position which is why just about everyone in the forum wanted to draft a QB to develop for the long term in round 1 or at worst round 2.

Not a great day for Matt Corral vs Alabama’s D. He wasn’t totally awful but wasn’t as good as he was last year vs then, not even close. Big difference playing in Tuscolusa for sure!

He did have several drops which stalled drives but still, he wasn’t as good as he usually is:

79%, 213 yds, 1 TD passing, 1 TD rushing 

Howell: Only 56% but, I didn’t watch the game, could’ve been some drops. 321 yards, 3 TDs 

Ridder: 59%, 297 yds, 2 TDs passing, 1 TD rushing at Notre Dame

Rattler played much better today: 88%, 243 yds, 2 TDs but he still had an int which seems to be on ongoing issue for him since he got to OU

Carson Strong: 63%, 263 yds, 1 TD at Boise St.

I don’t wanna beat up on Corral too much. He basically played an NFL team but that was his showcase and it was definitely a letdown. Willis continues to play great and Howell is a baller. Rattler killed it yesterday and Strong played well. I’m still high on this class. I still think we ultimately end up with Howell.