2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t wanna beat up on Corral too much. He basically played an NFL team but that was his showcase and it was definitely a letdown. Willis continues to play great and Howell is a baller. Rattler killed it yesterday and Strong played well. I’m still high on this class. I still think we ultimately end up with Howell. 

I hope we end up with Howell. He just seems like a gamer to me.

Seeing how Taylor is playing right now and being a PSU fan I would love for us to release Allen when Fitz is healthy (and backing up TH) and sign Trace McSorley of the Ravens practice squat.  That kid is a carbon copy of TH, only with a little stronger arm.  Same no give up attitude, same scramble ability etc.  And he can sit all this year and camp next year and learn this offense.  Backing up TH would be great for me.

3 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Seeing how Taylor is playing right now and being a PSU fan I would love for us to release Allen when Fitz is healthy (and backing up TH) and sign Trace McSorley of the Ravens practice squat.  That kid is a carbon copy of TH, only with a little stronger arm.  Same no give up attitude, same scramble ability etc.  And he can sit all this year and camp next year and learn this offense.  Backing up TH would be great for me.

They’re not going to cut Kyle Allen. If they wanted McSorely they would’ve signed him in free agency and they wouldn’t have re-signed Allen.

I think Scotty Turner sees Kyle Allen as a bigger & stronger armed version of Heinicke. Then, you have Rivera saying that if Allen hadn’t broken his leg last October that he felt Allen would’ve done exactly what Alex Smith did in November & December as our QB.

So we may have this opinion that Kyle Allen shouldn’t be on this team but I think it’s pretty obvious that the coaches don’t share our opinion.

I love the Taylor Heinecke story and I want nothing more than for it to continue and he just get better and better. However, I’m also trying to be a realist about this situation. QB is still our number one need unless Heinecke really takes off and there’s just no denying it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I love the Taylor Heinecke story and I want nothing more than for it to continue and he just get better and better. However, I’m also trying to be a realist about this situation. QB is still our number one need unless Heinecke really takes off and there’s just no denying it. 

I agree with you about Heinicke but for me right now our number one need is getting this defense right. Won’t matter who’s taking snaps for us if this defense continues to play like this we’re not going anywhere. 

21 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I agree with you about Heinicke but for me right now our number one need is getting this defense right. Won’t matter who’s taking snaps for us if this defense continues to play like this we’re not going anywhere. 

Understandable but I’m speaking more to position specific. They can’t keep pouring first rounders into this defense. We have first rounders at nearly every position lol

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Understandable but I’m speaking more to position specific. They can’t keep pouring first rounders into this defense. We have first rounders at nearly every position lol

Yup. Look at what happened in Arizona. They got Murray and then built around him. 3 years later, they look to be a complete team that could be SB bound.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

If they aren't going defense and the QB isn't there (either due to the class or the draft position), there's not a lot of needs on offense that make sense in the first round. Only ones I can think of are LT or RG, and only RG if they're picking in the back half of the round. Maybe if a stud TE is there even though Thomas is signed for three more years?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

If they aren't going defense and the QB isn't there (either due to the class or the draft position), there's not a lot of needs on offense that make sense in the first round. Only ones I can think of are LT or RG, and only RG if they're picking in the back half of the round. Maybe if a stud TE is there even though Thomas is signed for three more years?

They’re going to have to do something about QB. Move up or whatever. They can’t go into next season with what we have unless Taylor absolutely kills it the rest of the way. I hate the idea of forcing the issue but I’m also of the opinion there’s 2-3 good QBs in this draft. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They’re going to have to do something about QB. Move up or whatever. They can’t go into next season with what we have unless Taylor absolutely kills it the rest of the way. I hate the idea of forcing the issue but I’m also of the opinion there’s 2-3 good QBs in this draft. 

We'll see. I'll trust you guys more, but it seems like every time you all see someone you like in this class, the next week its "ehh ... that wasn't so great."

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Woz said:

We'll see. I'll trust you guys more, but it seems like every time you all see someone you like in this class, the next week its "ehh ... that wasn't so great."

My feeling too.  This class looks more questionable than last year's and consistently a bunch of undersized guys.

Last year we decided to go the patient route and not draft a qb.  We had an opportunity with Fields and decided not to.  The worst thing we can do this offseason is force it.  I mean, if we want an undersized qb who has some physical limitations, we already have one of those don't we?   

But this is the WFT fan base.  The grass is always greener with us.

• Like 2