2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Honestly, and I could be wrong, but I just don't see Rivera signing off on that. I really don't. Pre-Ron? Sure. 

I don’t either. I just hope we draft someone instead of re-signing Fitzpatrick while having Heinicke & Allen as his back ups.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Honestly, and I could be wrong, but I just don't see Rivera signing off on that. I really don't. Pre-Ron? Sure. 

Those QBs with options may not want to come here, and a rookie QB will likely result in a third straight losing season, and might not even provide the payoff if they don’t develop.  

Watson might be the perfect storm, talented but doesn’t have the clout (right now) to ask to be traded elsewhere.  

• Like 2

And I’ll say for the record, I absolutely understand the hesitation (and the revulsion) when it comes to Watson. If he did what these women claim he did, it’s beyond inappropriate or immature — it’s downright predatory behavior. I think it probably happens more than we think with the rich and famous and powerful, who become somehow brainwashed into thinking everyone wants them in that manner (because so many people desperately do), but it’s totally and absolutely unacceptable behavior. 

For me, though, my line of work (and my way of life, really) is predicated on keeping alive the hope and belief that people can change and be better. That if they have the desire and if they put forth the effort and get the help they need, they don’t have to just be reduced to the quality of their past actions.

This kid, Watson, all I ever heard about him is that he had character oozing out his ears. People talked about him, still talk about him, like he’s the best kid they’ve ever been around. That means something to me. Maybe that means he’s just really good at hiding that he’s a monster — could be, I guess. But maybe it means he is a really good kid who got mixed up and beguiled by fame and fortune at a young age, and women throwing themselves at him everywhere he went, and he developed a really sick and entitled mindset towards women and sex. Doesn’t mean what he did is okay. It’s still appalling and intolerable. But that would mean there’s a way for him to address it, hopefully make the proper amends and the necessary changes to his mindset, and come out on the other side. 

I do not think they will trade for him. I don’t know that the league would even *allow* it, given the scope and similarity of the issues. But it would have been an interesting story to follow, Deshaun Watson as the public face of his rehabilitation — and the simultaneous rehabilitation of this franchise. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, e16bball said:

And I’ll say for the record, I absolutely understand the hesitation (and the revulsion) when it comes to Watson. If he did what these women claim he did, it’s beyond inappropriate or immature — it’s downright predatory behavior. I think it probably happens more than we think with the rich and famous and powerful, who become somehow brainwashed into thinking everyone wants them in that manner (because so many people desperately do), but it’s totally and absolutely unacceptable behavior. 

For me, though, my line of work (and my way of life, really) is predicated on keeping alive the hope and belief that people can change and be better. That if they have the desire and if they put forth the effort and get the help they need, they don’t have to just be reduced to the quality of their past actions.

This kid, Watson, all I ever heard about him is that he had character oozing out his ears. People talked about him, still talk about him, like he’s the best kid they’ve ever been around. That means something to me. Maybe that means he’s just really good at hiding that he’s a monster — could be, I guess. But maybe it means he is a really good kid who got mixed up and beguiled by fame and fortune at a young age, and women throwing themselves at him everywhere he went, and he developed a really sick and entitled mindset towards women and sex. Doesn’t mean what he did is okay. It’s still appalling and intolerable. But that would mean there’s a way for him to address it, hopefully make the proper amends and the necessary changes to his mindset, and come out on the other side. 

I do not think they will trade for him. I don’t know that the league would even *allow* it, given the scope and similarity of the issues. But it would have been an interesting story to follow, Deshaun Watson as the public face of his rehabilitation — and the simultaneous rehabilitation of this franchise. 

You are what you do.  Watson should be tossed from the league.  He is a predator.  No excuse.  

Even considering bringing him to our team is appalling to me.  Winning should not take precedence over everything.  

Of course Watson will get a chance to change.  He is going to get all the chances money can buy.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, offbyone said:

You are what you do.  Watson should be tossed from the league.  He is a predator.  No excuse.  

Even considering bringing him to our team is appalling to me.  Winning should not take precedence over everything.  

Of course Watson will get a chance to change.  He is going to get all the chances money can buy.  

Tossed from the league, come on? That’s just ridiculous. This league has employed murderers, drug dealers etc as long as they can play football. What Watson did was awful, but tossed from the league? That’s harsh.

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

He is still my favorite college QB scout to this day!!! I would love the player and I have only ever heard of the good from him in his communities and everything as well. That said I just think this season with everything off the field I have no idea what is going to happen with this team in the next 12 months to be honest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Tossed from the league, come on? That’s just ridiculous. This league has employed murderers, drug dealers etc as long as they can play football. What Watson did was awful, but tossed from the league? That’s harsh.

Harsh suggesting he be kicked out of league because he was a sexual predator?  

Lets not be hypocrites.  Almost all WFT fans want Snyder tossed as an owner not because he committed sexual harassment directly but because he presided over a horrible business culture that included sexual harassment.  If you want Snyder to be tossed, you better feel the same way about an actual predator.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

Brilliantly put.

Which leads me to ask. What country are you from? Im Trinidad.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Lets not be hypocrites.  Almost all WFT fans want Snyder tossed as an owner not because he committed sexual harassment directly but because he presided over a horrible business culture that included sexual harassment.  If you want Snyder to be tossed, you better feel the same way about an actual predator.  

I mean I’ll be real if he did what they said I completely agree with you. I don’t know any detail I never read a report because I just don’t fallow things like that. But from the things spoken in updates if he did those things I’d say he shouldn’t be allowed back I def agree with that. If he didn’t do these things then he should unquestioned be allowed to play. And if he didn’t do these things I’d take the man on my team he’s a heck of a football player.

But truth be told these types of things have never panned out well and he has one knee surgery already. Maybe I have PTSD because I’ve been at every injury game including Fitz now too Alex RG and Sean’s last game. But QB’s with a name that come here haven’t faired too well. Not that anyone else has either but there’s actually something just off with this team.

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

Not saying I disagree here, but a certain franchise up the beltway still celebrates a player involved in a murder who destroyed evidence.  That same player was a first-ballot Hall of Famer and has a statue next to an NFL legend, which makes me sick every time I walk past it when I have to park that direction for a baseball game.  

The NFL does not care about these things.  And since they don’t, and Watson is an option, why not try for a redemption angle?  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Not saying I disagree here, but a certain franchise up the beltway still celebrates a player involved in a murder who destroyed evidence.  That same player was a first-ballot Hall of Famer and has a statue next to an NFL legend, which makes me sick every time I walk past it when I have to park that direction for a baseball game.  

The NFL does not care about these things.  And since they don’t, and Watson is an option, why not try for a redemption angle?  

All good points.

The cliche response is 2 wrongs don't make a right.  But I get it.  Hey, I will be the first to admit I am a hypocrite on this too.  I would be most happy to brush all this investigation stuff under the carpet and just move on because I want to just watch my team and talk about actual football even if they stink at it.

The nfl is a ugly institution from the players to the owners and has been as long as I paid attention beyond gameday.  But I totally agree with you the nfl doesn't really care...until it does. And even when it does, it only cares enough to satisfy the public.  Like I will put money that if they decide to pursue what the public is pushing for they will only pursue the minimum.  Like at this point we have multiple members of the league office with inappropriate emails, shouldn't the league office just unload all those emails?  That doesn't even require a team to be involved.  Easy peasy.  But they won't.

I think the Watson stuff just crosses a line for me I can't swallow.  To me trading for Watson is equivalent of getting rid of Snyder based on right vs wrong only to replace him with Jerry Richardson.  I can't get behind it.  

Anyways I am happy to continue this conversation, but I also realize this might be the wrong thread.  I apologize to my contribution in getting this thread off track. 

Lets get back to qbs.  Do you guys really think Corral has what it takes?  He has the arm strength, but I don't know if I can get involved with another undersized qb.  

Edited by offbyone
  • Like 1