2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

On 10/22/2021 at 12:02 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

The NFL does not care about these things.  And since they don’t, and Watson is an option, why not try for a redemption angle?  

He can go for redemption. I'm just not sure I could stomach it on Washington. I also know that, given the current owner, they'd screw it up and make it even worse.

42 minutes ago, Woz said:

He can go for redemption. I'm just not sure I could stomach it on Washington. I also know that, given the current owner, they'd screw it up and make it even worse.

There isn’t redemption here until Snyder gets the ole Axe 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Cody Pickett baby. He could be a steal.

Lol I saw cody and was like Turtle knows my name 🤣🤣🤣 the more I watch Pickett the more I like him. I’m very okay with drafting a QB that we try and develop who isn’t a top pick that leaves us the option to continue to build the roster overall. And if that QB doesn’t pan out when Caleb Williams is coming out move up. I wouldn’t get crazy and move futures for any QB in this class I think no matter what happens the rest of the year I just haven’t seen that tape. But there are QB’s that I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on and adding comp to the room and maybe we get lucky maybe they are what they are. And in a better year we move up for someone with every tool that gives you a real shot if this years selection doesn’t pan out. Essentially I do a Jalen Hurts type selection this year where I go BPA if there’s a value at QB in round two which could be a Pickett Willis Thompson honestly I’m okay with that.

• Like 1

Campbell the Ole Miss LB is the type of player this team needs. This guy is a football player. Aware can cover fast and closes like a rocket. He is not a top round guy but this is the type of mid round player that you just realize you can’t keep off the field. He brings a attitude you want in the locker room

• Like 1

As much as Corral has shown this year we really don’t run the ball enough to support a QB like him to develop him properly. He like Taylor needs to run option and RPO’s. Turner simply isn’t putting Taylor in a position to succeed. It’s almost exactly like Jay Gruden saying we do what I say idc what personnel we have. But we do that on defense too so I mean it’s hard to hit on picks when you don’t put them in a place to do what they do best.

57 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Lol I saw cody and was like Turtle knows my name 🤣🤣🤣 the more I watch Pickett the more I like him. I’m very okay with drafting a QB that we try and develop who isn’t a top pick that leaves us the option to continue to build the roster overall. And if that QB doesn’t pan out when Caleb Williams is coming out move up. I wouldn’t get crazy and move futures for any QB in this class I think no matter what happens the rest of the year I just haven’t seen that tape. But there are QB’s that I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on and adding comp to the room and maybe we get lucky maybe they are what they are. And in a better year we move up for someone with every tool that gives you a real shot if this years selection doesn’t pan out. Essentially I do a Jalen Hurts type selection this year where I go BPA if there’s a value at QB in round two which could be a Pickett Willis Thompson honestly I’m okay with that.

Yeah, that’s where I’m at too. What do you think of Tanner Mordecai from SMU? He’s been on fire lately. I haven’t actually seen him play though.

Today vs Tulane he was:

71%, 427 yds & 3 TDs

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, that’s where I’m at too. What do you think of Tanner Mordecai from SMU? He’s been on fire lately. I haven’t actually seen him play though.

Today vs Tulane he was:

71%, 427 yds & 3 TDs

He’s a baller!!! They sling it all over the field. I def wasnt expecting that today but I only caught his playback. I have it on ESPNplus I’m gonna watch it tomorrow AM. Everything I’ve seen is he has all the arm talent. Sees the field well and SMU spreads the ball well. Some of it is scheme but Tanner actually makes a difference because he’s a good player.

The UVA QB I watched two games this year last week he throws a pretty ball. Tan

Kyle Hamilton is the best player in football. That would be insane because I can’t even imagine how people would react to taking a Saftey. To be real I don’t think we will lose enough. Some really bad situations around the league.

Edited by ripsean21

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

Kyle Hamilton is the best player in football. That would be insane because I can’t even imagine how people would react to taking a Saftey

Im not going to lie. If we ended up with the first pick in the draft and took a safety I’d be pretty bummed.