2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I think Howell will only be drafted in the 1st if a team is outside the Top 6 and is desperate for a QB (*) or another team sneaks back in and grabs him at the end of the round (so they can get the 5th year option with him if he pans out). I think right now, he's a high 2nd rounder. 

(*) So yeah, you're right -> that could be us.

Ha! I was just about to comment that, that sounds like us! 😂 

Also, keep in mind, as we all know, the draft is still 6 months away. A lot of things can change. I don’t envision Corral dropping out of being considered as a top 10 pick, but it could happen to him or Willis or a guy like Howell, Ridder or Pickett could make a jump. It all remains to be seen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I know it hasn't been proven in the court of law and all that side of the argument. But are y'all really okay with having Watson as our franchise QB after what he has done? 

Don't get me wrong, I love the player and we've never had a QB of his caliber. But, I just can't think it would be a good PR move and do not know if it's worth it to add a guy like that, just to try and win. 

I am, I’ve been fine with it all along. It’s obvious these issues will be resolved eventually and at worst he’s going to get suspended for some games next year and then he’ll be playing for whatever team trades for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I’d like to know his hand size. I want to know why he throws with the glove. I don’t care I just want to know if he’s going to have an issue with a bigger ball if it is a hand size thing. Otherwise he's a gamer and his team rally’s around him. 

That’s what she said! 😂 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

5th year senior, so definitely coming out.

He’s a tough one to peg, in terms of draft position. He’s been playing for a long time, and he really has been mostly a non-entity (draft-wise) for his whole career. Just never played at a level that drummed up any draft intrigue. 

And yet...he’s absolutely tearing it up right now. The numbers aren’t as crazy as Joe Burrow or Mac Jones in their last seasons — but he also only has one real NFL type weapon (as opposed to the 3-4 that those guys were working with). And the arm and athleticism are definitely more comparable to Burrow than to Jones, in my book. 

In this draft class, I just really don’t know where the limit is for him. Which of these QBs could you really say with a straight face, “no way they get passed in the draft process?” No one is going to touch Malik Willis in terms of ceiling in my book, with his arm strength and legs both being elite elite. But he’s a huge risk — it’s not like Lamar balling out against good teams in the ACC at Louisville for years, he couldn’t hack it at Auburn and only started dominating when he got to a lower level of competition. And none of the rest of them (Corral, Howell, Ridder, Strong, etc.) is anything close to untouchable either. I think Pickett should be in the same boat as those guys at the moment.

My feeling is when all is said and done that Pickett will work his way to being considered a top 50 pick. Maybe first round, most likely early 2nd, but that’s just my guess.

Can I say I’m actually really growing on Corral even if we aren’t picking close I think he’s really shown me things and it’s not what he’s doing in the air. He’s always had arm talent. But he’s sacrificed his numbers this year to feed his backs on RPO’s. He sees the lane and let’s the back eat. Last year he would pull it back and sling it. I think that’s a huge sign of maturation and honestly that’s a team first leader I see him rallying guys. He’s seriously won me over thus far I actually would be happy if this was the guy leading us because he is a gamer.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Can I say I’m actually really growing on Corral even if we aren’t picking close I think he’s really shown me things and it’s not what he’s doing in the air. He’s always had arm talent. But he’s sacrificed his numbers this year to feed his backs on RPO’s. He sees the lane and let’s the back eat. Last year he would pull it back and sling it. I think that’s a huge sign of maturation and honestly that’s a team first leader I see him rallying guys. He’s seriously won me over thus far I actually would be happy if this was the guy leading us because he is a gamer.

Unless we're drafting 1.1, we aren't getting him

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Unless we're drafting 1.1, we aren't getting him

Even that is yet to be determined.

If Jax is picking #1 or the Jets for example they will take Thibodeaux the DE from Oregon #1. 

Those teams may not want to trade out of that spot bc they may not want to lose out on Thibodeaux. 

Plus, there’s no guarantee that Corral goes 1.1 or that Willis doesn’t still over take home for the #1 spot. We also may be able to trade up and get him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Even that is yet to be determined.

If Jax is picking #1 or the Jets for example they will take Thibodeaux the DE from Oregon #1. 

Those teams may not want to trade out of that spot bc they may not want to lose out on Thibodeaux. 

Plus, there’s no guarantee that Corral goes 1.1 or that Willis doesn’t still over take home for the #1 spot. We also may be able to trade up and get him.

Yeah I agree with turtle. If I was betting I would put money on the first pick NOT being a QB., 

• Like 1

I don’t see Corral as any kind of lock as the QB1. I would take the field over Corral as the eventual first QB off the board, without hesitating. 

He’s probably the most likely guy to end up in that position — but I think when we look back at the successes in recent years, we see the value of elite dual-threat traits. Corral has that, but he’ll never match Willis for physical tools, and I could see someone shooting for the moon with the highest ceiling in a weak draft. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah I agree with turtle. If I was betting I would put money on the first pick NOT being a QB., 

Well, unless the QB is traded up for, but even then it’s hard to imagine the Jets or Jags if they’re picking #1 passing on Thibodeaux.

Now, if the Lions are picking #1 then it becomes a debate I think. Will the Lions stick with Goff, or will they take Thibodeaux bc they are fine with Goff and want the rest pass rusher?

It all remains to be seen I guess.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well, unless the QB is traded up for, but even then it’s hard to imagine the Jets or Jags if they’re picking #1 passing on Thibodeaux.

Now, if the Lions are picking #1 then it becomes a debate I think. Will the Lions stick with Goff, or will they take Thibodeaux bc they are fine with Goff and want the rest pass rusher?

I’d bet the Lions take Malik Willis. I still think he’s the first QB off the board because of his exciting ability. 

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don't think the Lions need to see more than one year of Goff to know that they need to move on from him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I don’t see Corral as any kind of lock as the QB1. I would take the field over Corral as the eventual first QB off the board, without hesitating. 

He’s probably the most likely guy to end up in that position — but I think when we look back at the successes in recent years, we see the value of elite dual-threat traits. Corral has that, but he’ll never match Willis for physical tools, and I could see someone shooting for the moon with the highest ceiling in a weak draft. 

We have too see what that ankle looks like he was sent to the hospital Saturday with a ankle